Swaps with Russia

24 posts

» Quick access to the last post

The rules are clear, import or export of Russian and/or foreign currencies are forbidden.

http://www.russianpost.ru/rp/servise/en/home/postuslug/internationalmail/customs/goodslist_import

I did swap before with Russian numismatics and everything went well. Though I do ask myself: How can we minimize the risks for both sides?

Some ideas?
Cents are money too!
IMHO they mean circulating money, or large sums. Coins that have been taken out of circulation are no longer legal tender, but only collector's item.

Tony
World coins by date and mint place, 1850-2000
I just completed a very large swap, almost 50 coins from my side, and I decided to send it over EMS, it was almost $18 in shipping, but it got there in almost 4-5 days...

I wish their postal service was better, most of russian and ex russian countries numismatics request Registered which is a killer if there are not enough coins as it becomes unfeasible...
JustforFun...
Recently I did 2 large swap, I send by regular mail and wrote "TOKENS" on custom form. Every thing was perfect for both sides.
I have had many very large swaps 100+ coins going to Russia and have always put them down as tokens with a value of no more than £50 to avoid customs charges, and never had any issues. I also send by International signed for.
Well, things (political developments) are changing lately and I don't want to bring anyone in problems.
Russian coins, also current ones, do have my interest and it would be a sin if I couldn't swap anymore.

Anyway, so far so good (fingers crossed). B)
Cents are money too!
It's forbidden in Sweden as well to send currencies, both domestic and international. But who is checking? If you must fill in a form, just write "hobby supplies" and you will pass to 99,9%.
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
In Russia there are customs' regulations in place which forbids export of coins older than 50 years without permission from the ministry of culture. Therefore as long as coins you ask from a counterpart from Russia were mint after 1965 there should be no problem. Otherwise it's a gamble.  
I collect coins and tokens which circulated in Africa from 18th century to 2000. I sell about 7000 illustrated world coins from http://www.avscoins.com.
Just got another letter with coins from Russia. Once again, no problems no worries! B)  :D
Cents are money too!
Quote: AndreyIn Russia there are customs' regulations in place which forbids export of coins older than 50 years without permission from the ministry of culture. Therefore as long as coins you ask from a counterpart from Russia were mint after 1965 there should be no problem. Otherwise it's a gamble.
Do they open the envelope? or use hidef scanners??? just curiosity!
JustforFun...
Quote: JustforFun
Quote: AndreyIn Russia there are customs' regulations in place which forbids export of coins older than 50 years without permission from the ministry of culture. Therefore as long as coins you ask from a counterpart from Russia were mint after 1965 there should be no problem. Otherwise it's a gamble.
Do they open the envelope? or use hidef scanners??? just curiosity!
Not at all, the coins were perfectly packed. So to see, Russia it's really okay to swap with
Cents are money too!
Andrey right!
I have several times had trouble getting coins from abroad. Once I was questioned for a long time at customs about the value of coins 18-19 century, even had to take a certificate in the department of culture, that the coins are not of great historical and cultural value, however coins anyway were sent to the sender because the law on the inadmissibility of sending objects cultural value (more 50 years old) by postal services.
Yes, envelopes and can reveal if the packaging or declaration creates suspicions.
It depends on the customs officer, will he find fault with the content, declarations, etc.
BUT .... always something that opened at a customs revenues in the integrity and completeness!!!
All arrests and problems are always notified and never loses nothing in Russia!!!
There is  a big online auction in Russia - Molotok.ru, which contains more items in many coin fields then ebay.com . 99,9% of sellers  have  a strong option  "I DONT SEND ABROAD". It means that they dont want to make risky steps, as  postal and custom rules prohibit sending coins probbaly. In other case I dont understand why they  dont send coins abroad. But inside of Russia it working perfectly, - I  usually buy there coins with shipment to my friends address in Moscow. .

So, I can  summarize that  sometimes there are big problems at Russian customs, but inside of Russia there are no problems. They send big silver proof crowns by mails which costs 80 rubles ( about 1,5$  now)  and there are no problems.
Well, Russia do really has a rich history and I do understand why they do want to keep they're historical valuable items where they belong.
At same time that makes old Russian coins very addictive. I do have some old ones and I wouldn't sell them for no money. B)  
Cents are money too!
I think most countries ban the export of currency through the mail, New Zealand does too.  In my swaps I've just put down "hobby supplies" on the declaration forms...Since coin collecting is a hobby, the statement is true without actually saying exactlywhat is in the package.
I am from Russia

160+ swaps here
many sell on e-bay

no one problem
hope all be good in future too

When i send coins, i use good package
and if i use custom declaration i mark as a gift with price no more than 7$
and write "Hobby items, small metall details"
Best regards,
Ilya.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
pustoshkinia@gmail.com
I also from Russia. I have a wide experience of receiving coins from abroad. Any problem from customs. Specified both tokens, and hobby elements, both coins, and old coins for a collection in the declaration (from Japan). Were and are well packed, and rattled as a children's rattle. All came.
With sending coins at me not such wide experience. But good packing helps so far. I specified both tokens, and coins of the world (1966-2014) in the declaration, and I specified nothing. Problems weren't. I try to send on one parcel with a break in some days.
agree.

At Georgian Post webpage there is a  stock of all countries  with prohibited items. And coins( bancnotes)  are including in  almost all .

in most countries, including Russia, postal service working well.  I wrote about thousands of sellers at Molotok.ru.  who sells coins which are hard to find even at ebay.  Those  sellers getting that coins from abroad, for sure.  So, I guess all is  ok :)

best
David

I get coins often from Russian eBay sellers and my stuff always comes through. The only concern is the slow postal transit time. Normally they're just marked on the customs form as "tokens", but once a seller marked my package as "round metal pieces". Ha!
Hello. I hope it is a good place to write my question :P I sent my coins from Portugal to Russia by registed letter one week ago. Do you know how much time more or less can it take? It would be nice if less than one month...
Russian Post has online tracking service for registered mail (foreign also). Type in your registration number here
https://www.pochta.ru/tracking#
When I send to Russia from Austria, I can usually track my registered mail in 5-7 days. Registered mail is usually delivered in 13-15 days.
I collect coins and tokens which circulated in Africa from 18th century to 2000. I sell about 7000 illustrated world coins from http://www.avscoins.com.
Quote: "Andrey"​Russian Post has online tracking service for registered mail (foreign also). Type in your registration number here
https://www.pochta.ru/tracking#
​When I send to Russia from Austria, I can usually track my registered mail in 5-7 days. Registered mail is usually delivered in 13-15 days.

Hello. Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I can't find my tracking number on the website which you sent. I sent almost 2 weeks ago and it doesn't appear in Russian Post. Portuguese Post shows still Lisbon. I hope there is no problem with my letter.
Well, if it is in Lisbon then call CTT to find out; Russian Post would not know about your package yet.
http://www.trackitonline.ru/?CCode=US

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 20:21.