Coins from the City of Antivari
The City of Antivari, nowadays knows as the City of Bar, was first mentioned in Roman texts in the 6th century AD. The city switch hands between multiple different dynasties and empires until 1443, when the region was ruled by the Republic of Venice. Under Venice, the city grew, gaining its own flag, coat of arms, and mint. In 1571, the Ottomans conquered Antivari, and they the city remained under their power until 1878, when the Ottomans ceded it to Montenegro, who renamed the city "Bar".