The Bishopric of Dorpat existed from 1224, and was a member of the Livonian Confederation. Under Dietrich II Damerow (1378-1400), relations between Dorpat and the Livonian Order were strained, getting to the point where the Livonian Order unsuccessfully tried to invade Dorpat in 1379. Although the conflict did end up being resolved, the relationships between the two places remained strained. As a result of the Livonian War (1558-1583), the Bishopric of Dorpat fell under Russian control in 1558, officially becoming the first member of the Livonian Confederation to cease to exist.
Numista referee for coins of this issuer is Sulfur.
A coin doesn't exist in the catalog yet? Add it yourself!