Coins from Korea
Countries and territories › Korea
Korea is a peninsula in East Asia. The first unitary Korean state was the Joseon Kingdom founded in 1388 and which lasted until 1897. It was a very isolated state and modern Japan took advantage of this situation by occupying it during the First Sino-Japanese War. As a result the Korean Empire was founded in 1897, but lasted only until Japan fully annexed Korea in 1910. The Japanese stayed until their defeat in WW2 in 1945.
- Kingdom of Goryeo – Cast (918-1392)
- Kingdom of Joseon – Cast (1392-1633)
- Kingdom of Joseon – Mun (1633-1892)
- Kingdom of Joseon – Yang (1892-1897)
- Korean Empire – Yang (1897-1902)
- Korean Empire – Won (1902-1910)
- Russian Occupation – Won (1901-1904)
- Japanese Protectorate – Won (1905-1910)
Korea - Kingdom of Goryeo – Cast (918-1392)
Korea - Kingdom of Joseon – Cast (1392-1633)
150 Coins = 1 Kun of silver (1 Kun = 600 grams)
Korea - Kingdom of Joseon – Mun (1633-1892)
1000 Mun = 1 Warn/Won
Numista referee for this country is ngdawa.
A coin doesn't exist in the catalogue yet? Add it yourself!