The Livonian Order existed from 1237 as an autonomous branch of the Teutonic Order, and was a member of the Livonian Confederation along with the Archbishopric of Riga and the Bishoprics of Courland, Dorpat, Ösel-Wiek, and Reval. Even after the Teutonic Order began declining around 1410, the Livonian Order continued to thrive independently. After the start of the Livonian War (1558–1583), Livonia's power began to decline, and various parts of its area were taken over by surrounding countries, including Denmark, Lithuania, Russia, and Sweden. The Livonian Order officially ceased to exist in 1561.
See also: Latvia, Estonia, Swedish Livonia, Duchy of Livonia, Archbishopric of Riga, Free city of Riga, Bishopric of Dorpat, Bishopric of Courland, Danish Estonia, Bishopric of Ösel-Wiek, City of Reval, Teutonic Order
Numista referee for coins of this issuer is Sulfur.
A coin doesn't exist in the catalog yet? Add it yourself!