|Name of the mint||Royal Mint (Tower Hill)|
|Place||London, United Kingdom|
|Dates of operation||1810-1975|
Initial works on the new site of the Royal Mint began in 1805 and the buildings were finished in 1809 with the first steam presses operating the following year. By 1812, the spaces formerly occupied by the mint were handed back to the Tower and coin production at the new site was in full swing. With the advance in technology and steam power giving way to electricity, the buildings were rebuilt and extended toward the end of the 19th century, as the Royal Mint tried to keep up with the increasing demand for coin both domestically and abroad. By the mid-20th century, it was recognised that the Royal Mint was in dire need of another major rebuild but it was incredible demand for hundreds of millions of coins required for the process of decimalisation that forced their hand and led to the new site being built in Llantrisant, Wales.