300 Réis - 8 Vinténs of gold Reaes Casas de Fundição do Ouro; 1st print
|Regent||John VI (1799-1816)|
|Value||300 Réis (0.300)|
|Size||97 × 73 mm|
Black in lithography on white paper.
In the center, at the top, the numerical value between two vignettes.
Reaes Casas da Fundição do ouro
Capitania de Minas Geraes
oito vintens de ouro
Royal Gold Foundry Houses of the
Captaincy of Minas Gerais
Eight gold vinténs
Three hundred réis.
Engraver: Francisco Antônio da Silva
Blank, without printing.
Themes of this banknote
Due to the inexistence of small coins that could be exchanged for small amounts of powdered gold, D. João established that the same should also be done with printed tickets in the amounts of 1, 2, 4, 8, 12 and 16 vintens of gold, each vintém corresponding to 37 and 1/2 reis. Issued in large quantities, these tickets had wide circulation in the captaincy of Minas, integrating their circulating environment. Subsequently, due to the appearance of a large number of counterfeit tickets, their issuance was suspended.
To know more... United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarves and Réis (Rs).
Permit of October 12, 1808
Royal Gold Foundry Houses
- 37.5 Réis - 1 Vintém of gold (Reaes Casas de Fundição do Ouro; 1st print)
- 75 Réis - 2 Vinténs of gold (Reaes Casas de Fundição do Ouro; 1st print)
- 150 Réis - 4 Vinténs of gold (Reaes Casas de Fundição do Ouro; 1st print)
- 450 Réis - 12 Vinténs of gold (Reaes Casas de Fundição do Ouro; 1st print)
- 600 Réis - 16 Vinténs of gold (Reaes Casas de Fundição do Ouro; 1st print)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
Get this banknote
No member from this site currently wants to exchange it.
Contribute to the catalogModify or add data on this page
Match past online sales