2 Dollars - Elizabeth II 4th Portrait - Masterpieces in Silver - 1920 Soveriegn
2 AUD = 1.36 USD
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
Standard Catalog of World Coins
by George S. Cuhaj
Masterpiece in Silver 1999 - Pre Decimal Circulation Coins
4th portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara
ELIZABETH II AUSTRALIA 1999
Sovereign 1920 reverse design of KM#29
St. George on horseback slaying the dragon
1999 MASTERPIECES IN SILVER
© Mike Bentley
This NCLT Fine Silver (.999) NCLT coin was released as part of the 1999 Masterpieces in Silver "Pre Decimal Circulation Coins" set which contained five other re-makes of pre-decimal coins of various types. Each of the coins in the set featured the dates of rare original coins in each of the denominations.
The reverse of this stunning coin is a replica of the original rare 1920 "S" Mintmarked Gold Sovereign of which only 360,000 were made at the San Fransisco Mint. However the obverse has the 1998 Ian Rank-Broadley fourth Portrait of Queen Elizabeth the Second, unlike the original coin which had a Bust of King George V facing left.
- 1 Sovereign - George V
- 5 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Masterpieces in Silver - 1939 ½penny)
- 10 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Masterpieces in Silver - 1930 Penny)
- 20 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Masterpiece in Silver - 1942 3d)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Masterpieces in Silver - 1918 Sixpence)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Masterpieces in Silver - 1940 Shilling)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|1999||15,000||Proof in Masterpieces in Silver Set|
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange this coin.
Bullion value: 7.14 USD Search tips
Contribute to the catalogModify or add information about this coin
Match coins from past online sales