50 Cents - Elizabeth II 4th Portrait - 05 - Ford Cortina MK1
|Queen||Elizabeth II (1952-date)|
0.50 AUD = 0.36 USD
|Composition||Copper-nickel (Pad Printed)|
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
Ford Australian Classics
4th portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara
Image of an Australian built, White 1962-1967 Ford Cortina MK1, set against a light green background, pad printed on a medallion type background
FORD AUSTRALIAN CLASSICS
12 Sided Smooth
© Mike Bentley
MintRoyal Australian Mint, Canberra, Australia (1965-date)
Following on from the "Holden Heritage" 50 cent 12 coin Collector Tin set released in 2016, the Royal Australian Mint have released a set of 12 "Ford Australian Classics" 50 cent coins in 2017 also in a Collector Tin.
The coins were available in coin cards in the tin, which included a special coin unique only to the tin, with a mintage of only 10,000. The 10,000 tin sets with the unique coin sold out in less than 3 days.
The eleven other coloured coins could be purchased separately with a further 20,000 minted.
This particular coin is the fifth in the set and commemorates the Australian built "Cortina Consol MK1" that was produced in Ford's Broadmeadows Victoria factory between 1962 to 1967. The Cortina was essentially a locally-made version of a UK-market vehicle and was available as a 2 Door Sedan, 4 Door Sedan and 4 Door Van. The Australian built Ford Cortina GT won three successive Bathurst victories in 1963,64 & 65 before the era of the V8's dawned.
This coin was also released in the following PNC's ...
Standard Australia Post Yellow Cover version, number of copies unknown
ANDA Sydney Money Expo Brown Cover version, limited to 750 copies.
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - 01 - Ford Model T)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - 02 - Ford Model 40 Coupe Utility)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - 03 - Ford Mainline Utility)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - 04 - Ford XK Falcon Sedan)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - 06 - Ford XR Falcon GT)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - 07 - Ford XY Falcon GT-HO)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - 08 - Ford XA Falcon Coupe)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - 09 - Ford ZH Fairlane Sedan)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - 10 - Ford XC Falcon Coupe)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - 11 - Ford XE Falcon Sedan)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - 12 - Ford Australia - The Manufacturing ERA)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|2017||750||7%||UNC in ANDA Sydney Expo PNC|
|2017||1,002||20%||UNC in Coincard|
|2017||10,000||87%||UNC in Coincard in 12 Coin Tin|
|2017||4,000||13%||UNC in Standard PNC|
Frequencies show the percentage of Numista users who own each year or variety among all the users who own this coin. Since some users own several versions, the sum may be greater than 100%.
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange it.
Contribute to the catalogModify or add data on this page
Match past online sales