20 Cents - Elizabeth II 4th Portrait - Masterpiece in Silver - 1938 Florin
|Queen||Elizabeth II (1952-date)|
0.20 AUD = 0.14 USD
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
Masterpiece in Silver - Coins of the 20th Centur
4th portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara
Revised Coat of Arms
Kangaroo & wattle leaves to left, Emu & wattle leaves to right, Oversized Crown above, Crest with emblems of the Six States of Australia in centre. From Top Left, NSW, Vic, QLD, SA, WA, TAS.
Fully Reeded or Milled Reeded
© Mike Bentley
MintRoyal Australian Mint, Canberra, Australia (1965-date)
This NCLT Fine Silver (.999) NCLT coin was released as part of the 1998 Masterpieces of Silver set ("Coins of the 20th Century ") which contained eight twenty-cent/florin sized coins and a pre-decimal crown.
The reverse of this stunning coin is a replica of the original 1938 Silver Florin which had the updated Australian Coat of Arms, however the obverse has the 1998 Ian Rank-Broadley fourth Portrait of Queen Elizabeth the Second.
An interesting side note about this Australian Coat of Arms is that the one representing South Australia on the lower left is incorrect. It should have been a Piping Shrike but instead showed three stalks of wheat and a rising sun.
- 1 Florin - George VI
- 20 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Platypus - Fine Silver Proof)
- 20 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Masterpiece in Silver - 1927 Florin)
- 20 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Masterpiece in Silver - 1910 Florin)
- 20 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Masterpiece in Silver - 1934 Victoria & Melbourne Centenary Florin)
- 20 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Masterpiece in Silver - 1951 Federation Florin)
- 20 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Masterpiece in Silver - 1954 Royal Visit Florin)
- 20 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Masterpiece in Silver - 1995 United Nations)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|1998||15,000||Proof in Masterpieces in Silver Set|
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange it.
Bullion value: 11.57 USD Search tips
Contribute to the catalogModify or add data on this page
Match past online sales