50 Cents - Elizabeth II 4th Portrait - Ford High Octane - 1967 XR Falcon GT
|Queen||Elizabeth II (1952-date)|
0.50 AUD = 0.36 USD
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
Australia's Motor Sport Legends
4th portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara
Depiction of a 1967 XR Falcon GT taking a corner on the racetrack.
Trees to top left, Chequered Flag above, Other cars following behind. Classic Ford Logo below.
XR FALCON GT
12 Sided Smooth
© Mike Bentley
MintRoyal Australian Mint, Canberra, Australia (1965-date)
The Royal Australian Mint have released a set of seven NCLT "Ford High Octane" 50 cent coins to commemorate Australia's Motorsport Legends. The coins were available in coin cards in a special tin that resembles the top of the cylinder head of an engine. The "Ford High Octane" tin was limited to a mintage of 10,000 and sold out from the RAM in less than 2 days.
Included in the tin was a non-coloured coin unique to the tin as well as the other six pad printed coins which could also be purchased separately with a further 20,000 minted of them all issued in large coincards.
This particular coin is the first in the series and is unique to the 7 coin tin set . It commemorates the very first Ford Bathurst Legend, the 1967 XR Falcon GT. Seven of these 4.7litre Mustang-sourced V8-powered cars were entered and finished the "Gallagher 500" mile endurance race . Coming first in the race the XR Falcon GT of Fred Gibson and Harry Firth tore seven seconds off the previous years lap record and the XR GT claimed the first two podium positions. The XR GT laid down the gauntlet that set in motion decades of glorious battle between Ford & Holden that shaped the Australian motor racing psyche.
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Ford High Octane - 1969 Mustang Boss 302 Trans-Am)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Ford High Octane - 1971 XY Falcon GT-HO Phase III)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Ford High Octane - 1977 XC Falcon Hardtop)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Ford High Octane - 1981 XD Falcon Tru-Blu)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Ford High Octane - 1989 Sierra RS500 Cosworth)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Ford High Octane - 2006 BA Falcon)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|2018||10,000||UNC in Coincard in 7 Coin Tin|
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange it.
Contribute to the catalogModify or add data on this page
Match past online sales