50 Cents - Elizabeth II 3rd portrait, Masterpieces in Silver
0.50 AUD = 0.34 USD
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
Standard Catalog of World Coins
by George S. Cuhaj
25th Anniversary of Decimal Currency
3rd portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the King George IV State Diadem.
ELIZABETH II AUSTRALIA 1985
Ram's Head with lettering.
25th ANNIVERSARY OF DECIMAL CURRENCY
12 Sided Smooth
© Mike Bentley
Released by the RAM as part of the 1991 "Masterpieces in Silver" eight coin set, this 50 cent sterling silver proof coin commemorates the 25th anniversary of the introduction of Decimal Currency. This was the first complete set of Australian circulating coins released in sterling silver and the first sterling silver releases of Australian one, two, five, ten and twenty cent coins. 1991 was also the last year of one and two cent circulating coin production in Australia.
The reverse of this commemorative coin was designed by RAM master sculptor Horst Hahne using the Ram's Head from the Australian shilling which was minted from 1938 to 1963. The original designer of the Ram's Head element of this reverse was George Kruger Gray.
- 1 Cent - Elizabeth II (3rd portrait) (Masterpieces in Silver)
- 2 Cents - Elizabeth II (3rd portrait, Masterpieces in Silver)
- 5 Cents - Elizabeth II (3rd portrait, Masterpieces in Silver)
- 10 Cents - Elizabeth II (3rd portrait, Masterpieces in Silver)
- 20 Cents - Elizabeth II (3rd portrait, Masterpieces in Silver)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (3rd portrait) (Masterpieces in Silver)
- 2 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd portrait) (Masterpieces in Silver)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|1991||25,000||Masterpieces in Silver Set|
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange this coin.
Bullion value: 9.62 USD Search tips
Contribute to the catalogModify or add information about this coin
Match coins from past online sales