2 Dollars - Elizabeth II 4th Portrait - Australian Kookaburra - Hammered Silver King Edward Penny
|Queen||Elizabeth II (1952-date)|
2.00 AUD = 1.43 USD
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
Australian Kookaburra Bullion Coin Series
4th portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara.
Kookaburra on a branch (similar to KM# 616) with a special privy mark depicting the overlapping reverse and obverse designs of an English Hammered Silver King Edward penny, struck between 1272-1327 AD. Known as the Long Cross Penny, as depicted on the reverse, the long cross design was introduced during this period to alleviate the problem of people ‘clipping’ the coin edges. A stylized, non-realistic portrait of the reigning English Monarch, Edward I, is shown on the obverse.
THE AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA 2 oz. 999 SILVER
CIVI | TAS | CAN | TOR
Engraver: Sara Langridge
MintPerth Mint, Australia
- 2 Dollars - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Australian Kookaburra)
- 2 Dollars - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Australian Kookaburra - Byzantine Bronze coin)
- 2 Dollars - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Australian Kookaburra - Ferdinand Silver Denar)
- 2 Dollars - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Australian Kookaburra - Roman Silver Antoninianus)
- 1 Penny - Edward I (Canterbury mint)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|2000||2,000||UNC - Specimen Finish|
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange it.
Bullion value: 55.84 USD Search tips
Contribute to the catalogModify or add data on this page
Match past online sales