2 Dollars - Elizabeth II Australian Kookaburra - Hammered Silver King Edward Penny
2 AUD = 1.37 USD
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
Australian Kookaburra Bullion Coin Series
4th portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara.
ELIZABETH II AUSTRALIA
Kookaburra on a branch (similar to KM# 616) with a special privy mark depicting the overlapping reverse and obverse designs of an English Hammered Silver King Edward penny, struck between 1272-1327 AD. Known as the Long Cross Penny, as depicted on the reverse, the long cross design was introduced during this period to alleviate the problem of people ‘clipping’ the coin edges. A stylized, non-realistic portrait of the reigning English Monarch, Edward I, is shown on the obverse.
THE AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA 2 oz. 999 SILVER
CIVI | TAS | CAN | TOR
Engraver: Sara Langridge
- 2 Dollars - Elizabeth II (Australian Kookaburra)
- 2 Dollars - Elizabeth II (Australian Kookaburra - Byzantine Bronze coin)
- 2 Dollars - Elizabeth II (Australian Kookaburra - Ferdinand Silver Denar)
- 2 Dollars - Elizabeth II (Australian Kookaburra - Roman Silver Antoninianus)
- 1 Penny - Edward I (Canterbury mint)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange this coin.
Bullion value: 35.55 USD Search tips
Contribute to the catalogModify or add information about this coin
Match coins from past online sales