2 Dollars - Elizabeth II Australian Kookaburra - Ferdinand Silver Denar
2 AUD = 1.37 USD
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
Australian Kookaburra Bullion Coin Series
4th portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara.
ELIZABETH II AUSTRALIA
Kookaburra on Branch (similar to KM# 616) with a special privy mark depicting the overlapping reverse and obverse designs of a Hungary Ferdinand Silver Denar coin, struck between 1531-1564 AD. The reverse design depicts ‘Patrona Hungariae’, the Hungarian Madonna with the Holy Child in her arms. A Hungarian Shield is shown on the obverse with stripes, a cross, heads of Dalmatian leopards and Bohemian lion. Known as ‘Madonnenmunzen’, in order to differentiate them from Medieval Hungarian ‘Shield Coins’, these coins were among the first to be used in Hungary during the Renaissance Period.
THE AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA 2 oz. .999 SILVER
FERDINANNES · D · G · R · VNG ARIE
Engraver: Sara Langridge
- 2 Dollars - Elizabeth II (Australian Kookaburra)
- 2 Dollars - Elizabeth II (Australian Kookaburra - Byzantine Bronze coin)
- 2 Dollars - Elizabeth II (Australian Kookaburra - Hammered Silver King Edward Penny)
- 2 Dollars - Elizabeth II (Australian Kookaburra - Roman Silver Antoninianus)
- Denár - I. Ferdinánd (1526-1564) Straight Shield
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange this coin.
Bullion value: 35.73 USD Search tips
Contribute to the catalogModify or add information about this coin
Match coins from past online sales