20 Cents - Elizabeth II 2nd portrait - Fine Silver Proof
|Queen||Elizabeth II (1952-date)|
0.20 AUD = 0.14 USD
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
Fine Silver Proof Set - 40 Yrs Decimal Currency
2nd portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara
Platypus (Ornithorhynchus anatinus) and the denomination superimposed
© Mike Bentley
MintRoyal Australian Mint, Canberra, Australia (1965-date)
This Fine Silver (.999) Proof 20 cent coin was released as part of the annual Fine Silver Proof Year Set in 2006. This set celebrated 40 years since decimalisation and included all eight Australian Decimal coins issued since then. The set also featured the original 1966 Arnold Machin obverse on each coin.
The Royal Australian Mint began releasing Fine Silver Year Sets in 2003 and have continued to do so since then. The Platypus standard reverse 20 cent coin has been included in the Fine Silver Proof Year set every year except for 2003, 2005, 2007, & 2008 when other Commemorative 20 cent coin designs were included in its place.
The Fine Silver Proof Set for 2006 also included a, 1 cent, 2 cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, Round 50 cent, $1 and $2 coin as well as this 20 cent coin. The set was issued in a jarrah wood presentation case.
The standard Copper-nickel version of the 20 cent coin which this Silver coin is based on was introduced into circulation in Australia in 1966 to replace the old £sd Florin.
- 1 Cent - Elizabeth II (2nd portrait - Fine Silver Proof)
- 2 Cents - Elizabeth II (2nd portrait - Fine Silver Proof)
- 5 Cents - Elizabeth II (2nd Portrait - Fine Silver Proof)
- 10 Cents - Elizabeth II (2nd portrait - Fine Silver Proof)
- 20 Cents - Elizabeth II (2nd portrait)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (2nd portrait - Fine Silver Proof)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (2nd Portrait - Fine Silver Proof)
- 2 Dollars - Elizabeth II (2nd portrait - Fine Silver Proof)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|2006||5,829||Proof in 8 Coin Silver Year Set|
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange it.
Bullion value: 11.09 USD Search tips
Contribute to the catalogModify or add data on this page
Match past online sales