10 Dollars - Elizabeth II 3rd Portrait - White Cockatoo - Piedfort
|Queen||Elizabeth II (1952-date)|
10.00 AUD = 7.12 USD
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
White Cockatoo - Piedfort
Series: Birds of Australia
3rd portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the King George IV State Diadem
Cockatoo with wings outstretched and comb erect sitting on a branch. Engraver's initials are on the lower branch near the final split. Overlapping HH.
© Richard Thomas
MintRoyal Australian Mint, Canberra, Australia (1965-date)
Second coin in the Royal Australian Mint's "Birds of Australia" $10 Sterling Silver Piedfort Series.
The sulphur-crested Cockatoo is well known to most Australians and is a familiar sight in heavily-timbered mountain ranges, open forests, paddocks, timber bordering watercourses, even towns and cities. The bird is usually seen in pairs or large flocks and its raucous ear-splitting screech makes it a very distinctive Australian.
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - Kookaburra - Piedfort)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - Jabiru - Piedfort)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - Emperor Penguin - Piedfort)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - Palm Cockatoo UNEP - Piedfort)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - Palm Cockatoo - Piedfort)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - Wedge-tailed Eagle - Piedfort)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|1990||13,794||Proof - Piedfort|
|1990||1,000||Proof - Piedfort - Coin Fair|
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange it.
Bullion value: 28.88 USD Search tips
Contribute to the catalogModify or add data on this page
Match past online sales