1 Dollar - Elizabeth II 6th Portrait - QANTAS 03 - Outback Pioneer - Avro 504
|Queen||Elizabeth II (1952-date)|
1.00 AUD = 0.72 USD
|Composition||Aluminium-bronze (Pad Printed)|
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
100 Years of QANTAS 1920-2020
Sixth crowned portrait of HM Queen Elizabeth II facing right, wearing the George IV State Diadem and the Victorian Coronation Necklace
Within an inner ring of Orange, White and Blue a depiction of an Avro 504 biplane. Outside the inner ring depictions of 4 small aircraft flying around the ring. To the lower right in a small circle with the original Queensland and Northern Territory Ariel Services Badge/Logo. The aircraft name at the top of the ring and the word QANTAS below.
1920 - 2020
Q A N T A S LIMITED
7 shorter smooth segments between 7 reeded segments (11 grooves each)
© Mike Bentley
MintRoyal Australian Mint, Canberra, Australia (1965-date)
Released jointly by the RAM and QANTAS in a Box Set of eleven coins is this NCLT Aluminium-bronze coloured $1 coin that commemorates 100 Years of the Australian Airline QANTAS. Nine other coins in the set are also the usual Aluminium-bronze however one of the coins is larger than normal and is made from Copper. The coin was issued in a coincard inside a folding red box.
The ﬁrst Qantas aircraft was an Avro 504 biplane built in Sydney with a Dyak engine. The Avro was mostly used
for joy ﬂights and charter work, promoting aviation and giving many outback residents their ﬁrst experience
of air travel. These ﬂying tours also raised much-needed capital through share sates.
In November 1922, the ﬁrst scheduled Qantas services began using two war-surplus F.K.8 aircraft between Charleville, Longreach and Cloncurry carrying passengers and air mail. Qantas built eight DH.50 aircraft at Longreach, opened two flying schools and provided the ﬁrst aircraft for the ﬂying doctor service in 1928 before operations moved to Brisbane in 1930.
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 01 - The Flying Kangaroo)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 02 - Fysh and McGinness)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 04 - Singapore Service - Empire Flying Boat)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 05 - Indian Ocean Epic - Catalina Flying boat)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 06 - Global Airline - Super Constellation)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 07 - The Jet Age - Boeing 707)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 08 - The Seven Four Seventies - Boeing 747)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 09 - I Still Call Australia Home)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 10 - Meeting the Challenge - Airbus A380)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 11 - Flying to the Future - Boeing 787)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|2020||40,000||UNC in Coincard|
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange it.
Contribute to the catalogModify or add data on this page
Match past online sales