1 Dollar - Elizabeth II 6th Portrait - QANTAS 08 - The Seven Four Seventies - Boeing 747
|Queen||Elizabeth II (1952-date)|
1.00 AUD = 0.72 USD
|Composition||Aluminium-bronze (Pad Printed)|
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
100 Years of QANTAS 1920-2020
Sixth crowned portrait of HM Queen Elizabeth II facing right, wearing the George IV State Diadem and the Victorian Coronation Necklace
Within an inner ring of Red, Grey, White and Orange and extending through it a depiction of a Boeing 747 aircraft. Outside the inner ring depictions of 4 jet aircraft flying around the ring. To the lower right in a small circle a further revised Kangaroo Logo of Qantas. The name of the Aircraft at the top of the ring and the word QANTAS below.
1920 - 2020
7 shorter smooth segments between 7 reeded segments (11 grooves each)
© Mike Bentley
MintRoyal Australian Mint, Canberra, Australia (1965-date)
Released jointly by the RAM and QANTAS in a Box Set of eleven coins is this NCLT Aluminium-bronze coloured $1 coin that commemorates 100 Years of the Australian Airline QANTAS. Nine other coins in the set are also the usual Aluminium-bronze however one of the coins is larger than normal and is made from Copper. The coin was issued in a coincard inside a folding red box.
The ﬁrst Qantas Boeing 747-238B arrived in Sydney in September 1971, introducing a new wide-body, twin-deck
cabin with amenities including: inflight audio-visual entertainment, electric shaver bars and an upstairs Captain
Cook Lounge for First Class passengers. A bright floral cabin crew uniform by Emilio Pucci set an informal
tone for travelling, while lower airfares and greater capacity made international airtravel accessible to most
Australians for the first time.
In 1974, a Qantas 747 carried a record 673 passengers during the evacuation of Darwin following Cyclone Tracy. Between 1979 and 1985, Qantas had an all-747 fleet and in 1979 introduced the First Business Class cabin. Qantas has operated a total of 65 Boeing 747 aircraft since 1971.
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 01 - The Flying Kangaroo)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 02 - Fysh and McGinness)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 03 - Outback Pioneer - Avro 504)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 04 - Singapore Service - Empire Flying Boat)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 05 - Indian Ocean Epic - Catalina Flying boat)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 06 - Global Airline - Super Constellation)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 07 - The Jet Age - Boeing 707)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 09 - I Still Call Australia Home)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 10 - Meeting the Challenge - Airbus A380)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 11 - Flying to the Future - Boeing 787)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|2020||40,000||UNC in Coincard|
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange it.
Contribute to the catalogModify or add data on this page
Match past online sales