1 Dollar - Elizabeth II 6th Portrait - QANTAS 09 - I Still Call Australia Home
1.00 AUD = 0.68 USD
|Composition||Aluminium-bronze (Pad Printed)|
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
100 Years of QANTAS 1920-2020
Sixth crowned portrait of HM Queen Elizabeth II facing right, wearing the George IV State Diadem and the Victorian Coronation Necklace
Within an inner ring of Red, Grey, Blue and Orange and extending through it a depiction of two Jet planes from above. Outside the inner ring depictions of 3 jet aircraft flying around the ring. To the lower right in a small circle a further revised Kangaroo Logo of Qantas in a triangle. The words AUSTRALIAN AIRLINES MERGER top of the ring and the word QANTAS below.
AUSTRALIAN AIRLINES MERGER
THE AUSTRALIAN AIRLINE
1920 - 2020
7 shorter smooth segments between 7 reeded segments (11 grooves each)
© Mike Bentley
Released jointly by the RAM and QANTAS in a Box Set of eleven coins is this NCLT Aluminium-bronze coloured $1 coin that commemorates 100 Years of the Australian Airline QANTAS. Nine other coins in the set are also the usual Aluminium-bronze however one of the coins is larger than normal and is made from Copper. The coin was issued in a coincard inside a folding red box.
Facing increasing competition as it entered the 1980s, Qantas unveiled its fleet of twin-engine Boeing 767s to
give the airline a nimbler edge. A distinctive red and white livery was introduced in 1984 and the Qantas Frequent Flyer program was launched in 1987. The delivery flight of the first Qantas Boeing 747-438 set a world distance record for a commercial aircraft, flying from London to Sydney non-stop in 1989. ln a nod to the airline's origins, this new line of Jumbo jets was named Longreach.
ln 1993, Qantas combined with Australian Airlines [formerly Trans-Australia Airlines] and began flying domestic routes again. Since 1995, Qantas has collaborated with indigenous Australian artists and their representatives on five unique liveries as part of Qantas’ Flying Art Series. Also in the nineties, Qantas’ iconic Spirit of Australia advertisements hit TV screens, with the world's most stunning landmarks a fitting counterpoint to Peter Allen's "I Still CaII Australia Home".
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 01 - The Flying Kangaroo)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 02 - Fysh and McGinness)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 03 - Outback Pioneer - Avro 504)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 04 - Singapore Service - Empire Flying Boat)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 05 - Indian Ocean Epic - Catalina Flying boat)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 06 - Global Airline - Super Constellation)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 07 - The Jet Age - Boeing 707)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 08 - The Seven Four Seventies - Boeing 747)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 10 - Meeting the Challenge - Airbus A380)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 11 - Flying to the Future - Boeing 787)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|2020||40,000||UNC in Coincard|
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange this coin.
Contribute to the catalogModify or add information about this coin
Match coins from past online sales