1 Dollar - Elizabeth II 6th Portrait - QANTAS 11 - Flying to the Future - Boeing 787
|Queen||Elizabeth II (1952-date)|
1.00 AUD = 0.72 USD
|Composition||Aluminium-bronze (Pad Printed)|
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
100 Years of QANTAS 1920-2020
Sixth crowned portrait of HM Queen Elizabeth II facing right, wearing the George IV State Diadem and the Victorian Coronation Necklace
Within an inner ring of Grey, White & Red and extending through it a depiction of a Boeing 787. Outside the inner ring depictions of 4 jet aircraft flying around the ring. To the lower right in a small circle the Kangaroo Logo of Qantas in a triangle. The words BOEING 787 at the top of the ring and the word QANTAS below.
1920 - 2020
7 shorter smooth segments between 7 reeded segments (11 grooves each)
© Mike Bentley
MintRoyal Australian Mint, Canberra, Australia (1965-date)
Released jointly by the RAM and QANTAS in a Box Set of eleven coins is this NCLT Aluminium-bronze coloured $1 coin that commemorates 100 Years of the Australian Airline QANTAS. Nine other coins in the set are also the usual Aluminium-bronze however one of the coins is larger than normal and is made from Copper. The coin was issued in a coincard inside a folding red box.
Under pressure from shifting forces in global aviation, Qantas began the decade with a major transformation of
its business. A loss-making international network was reshaped, new partnerships with overseas airlines were
formed and upgrades to customer experience were implemented.
A new Martin Grant cabin crew uniform and kangaroo logo were rolled out. Delivery of the first Qantas Boeing
787-9 in 2017 ushered in a new era of long haul travel. In March 2018 Qantas’ 787 began ﬂying the Perth to
London non-stop route, making history as the first time Australia and Europe had ever been linked directly by a
scheduled air service. Project Sunrise was initiated to investigate connecting the Australian east coast with a
direct flight to London and New York using the next generation of long haul aircraft.
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 01 - The Flying Kangaroo)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 02 - Fysh and McGinness)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 03 - Outback Pioneer - Avro 504)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 04 - Singapore Service - Empire Flying Boat)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 05 - Indian Ocean Epic - Catalina Flying boat)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 06 - Global Airline - Super Constellation)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 07 - The Jet Age - Boeing 707)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 08 - The Seven Four Seventies - Boeing 747)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 09 - I Still Call Australia Home)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (6th Portrait - QANTAS 10 - Meeting the Challenge - Airbus A380)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|2020||40,000||UNC in Coincard|
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange it.
Contribute to the catalogModify or add data on this page
Match past online sales