1 Dollar - Elizabeth II 4th Portrait - Mombassa Kangaroo
|Queen||Elizabeth II (1952-date)|
1.00 AUD = 0.72 USD
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
Reg Mombassa - Kangaroo
4th portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara
An outdoor scene of a kangaroo holding a football facing left
MintRoyal Australian Mint, Canberra, Australia (1965-date)
Released by the RAM in 2008 is this Copper-nickel reverse frosted coin. It was designed by Reg Mombassa a famous Australian Artist who specialised in abstract design. It was issued in a coincard.
The coin was issued with a 2008 date in a number of other ways.
As a $1 Fine Silver Proof 1 ounce coin in a plush case.
As a $1 Fine Silver Reverse Frosted Uncirculated 1 ounce coin in a coincard.
As a $1 Fine Silver Gilded Proof 1 ounce coin in a plush case.
As a $10 Fine Gold Proof 1/10 ounce coin in a wooden case.
In 2009 the $1 coin was re-issued in Colourised Fine Silver Proof form as part of a Three Coin set.
See links to other coins below.
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Rolf Harris - Kangaroo)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Mombassa Kangaroo - Silver)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Mombassa Kangaroo - Silver Gilded Proof)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Mombassa Kangaroo - Silver Colourised Proof)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Ken Done Kangaroo)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Mombassa Kangaroo - Gold Proof)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|2008||9,234||UNC - Reverse Frosted in Coincard|
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange it.
Contribute to the catalogModify or add data on this page
Match past online sales