2 Dollars - Elizabeth II 5th Portrait - Gottwald Proof Gold
|Queen||Elizabeth II (1952-date)|
2.00 AUD = 1.43 USD
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
5th Portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right.
Wearing the Girls of Great Britain & Ireland Tiara.
A male Aboriginal Elder to the left
The 5 stars of the Southern Cross Constellation above
Native grass trees to the right
4 longer smooth segments between 4 reeded segments (5 grooves each)
MintRoyal Australian Mint, Canberra, Australia (1965-date)
This coin was part of a unique Fine Gold (.999) Proof set released by the RAM in 2010. The Reverse of the coin in the set used the standard Stuart Devlin designs but the Obverse used the Vladimir Gottwald 5th Portrait of Queen Elizabeth II, which had only been used previously on the 2000 Royal Visit Commemorative circulation 50 cent coin. Only 450 sets were made and a full set commands a very hefty pricetag as at 2020.
- 5 Cents - Elizabeth II (5th Portrait - Gottwald Proof Gold)
- 10 Cents - Elizabeth II (5th Portrait - Gottwald Proof Gold)
- 20 Cents - Elizabeth II (5th Portrait - Gottwald Proof Gold)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (5th Portrait - Gottwald Proof Gold)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (5th Portrait - Gottwald Proof Gold)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|2010||450||Proof in 6 Coin Set|
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange it.
Bullion value: 933.64 USD Search tips
Contribute to the catalogModify or add data on this page
Match past online sales