1 Dollar - Elizabeth II 4th Portrait - Inspirational Australians - Mary Mackillop
1.00 AUD = 0.69 USD
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
Standard Catalog of World Coins
by George S. Cuhaj
Inspirational Australians - Mary Mackillop
4th portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara
ELIZABETH II AUSTRALIA 2008
Depiction of Mary MacKillop and 3 of her young students in front of a map of the world
Translation: Image of Mary MacKillop and three children superimposed on a map of the world.
7 shorter smooth segments between 7 reeded segments (11 grooves each)
© Mike Bentley
In 2008 the Royal Australian Mint introduced a new series of NCLT one dollar coins dedicated to Inspirational Australians. The coin was issued in an unusual shaped Coincard.
This first coin issued recognises Mary MacKillop and her work in founding schools and educating Australian children whilst enduring poverty and hardships. A catholic Nun, Mary was born in 1842 and died in 1909. She was beatified by the Pope in 1995 for the miraculous cure of a dying woman. In December 2009 The Vatican recognised a second miracle by Mary MacKillop and she was canonised as a saint on 17th October 2010 and is now formally known as St Mary of the Cross MacKillop. She is the first and only Australian to be recognised by the Catholic Church as a saint.
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th portrait - Inspirational Australians - Steve Irwin)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Inspirational Australians - Fred Hollows)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Inspirational Australians - Dame Joan Sutherland)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Inspirational Australians - Sir Douglas Mawson)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Inspirational Australians - Slim Dusty)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|2008 C||29,802||UNC in Coincard|
Get this coin
A member of this site wants to exchange this coin: luminatiloti
Contribute to the catalogModify or add information about this coin
Match coins from past online sales