10 Dollars - Elizabeth II 3rd Portrait - Queensland
10 AUD = 6.85 USD
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
Standard Catalog of World Coins
by George S. Cuhaj
Australian States Series - Queensland
3rd portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the King George IV State Diadem
ELIZABETH II AUSTRALIA 1989
Coat of Arms of Queensland:
A Red Deer & Brolga, supporting a shield which features the heads of a Bull and a Ram, a Sheafe of Wheat and Gold rising from a pile of Quartz. Two stalks of Sugarcane surround the State Badge, a Maltese Cross with a centred Crown of St. Edward.
Translation: AUDAX·AT·FIDELIS = BOLD BUT FAITHFUL
© Mike Bentley
Released by the RAM in 1989 to commemorate the State of Queensland is this $10 Sterling Silver Proof (.925) coin. It was released in a capsule in plush beige case.
Uncirculated versions were also released in a Sand coloured Coincard.
This 1989 $10 coin is the fourth of a series which features the coat of arms of the individual States and Territories of the Commonwealth of Australia. The coin features the official Queensland Coat of Arms. This was the very first coat of Arms of all the Australian States.
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - Victoria)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - South Australia)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - New South Wales)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - Western Australia)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - Tasmania)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - Northern Territory)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - Australian Capital Territory)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|1989||48,929||UNC in Coincard|
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange this coin.
Bullion value: 10.64 USD Search tips
Contribute to the catalogModify or add information about this coin
Match coins from past online sales