50 Cents - Elizabeth II 4th Portrait - Gallipoli Campaign
0.50 AUD = 0.34 USD
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
Australia at War: Gallipoli Campaign
4th portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara
Map of ANZAC cove
Ships, landing craft, and an Australian soldier wearing slouch hat quietly reflecting his thoughts on the shore of Gallipoli
Gallipoli Campaign 1915
Anzac Cove 26*30'E 40*19'N
12 Sided Smooth
© Mike Bentley
Royal Australian Mint issued this Copper-nickel 50 cent NCLT coin as a tribute to the ANZAC's who served at Galipolli in WW1 in a Coincard.
Australia Post also issued it in a PNC Cover.
On 25 April 1915, Australian and New Zealand troops came ashore on Turkey’s Gallipoli peninsula as part of a wider British effort to seize control of the Dardanelles straits. After the landing, the fighting ground to a stalemate, with Turkish forces holding the ridges of the precipitous terrain for the entire eight-month campaign.
This coin is part of the "Australians at War" 18 coin series being issued individually - See links below.
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (Australian Flying Corps)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (Boer War)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (Battle of Cocos Islands)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (German New Guinea)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (The Western Front)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (Crete)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (El Alamein)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (Empire Air Training Scheme)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (Greece)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (Tobruk)
- 50 Cents - Elizabeth II (War in the Pacific)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|2014||50,000||UNC in Coincard|
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange this coin.
Contribute to the catalogModify or add information about this coin
Match coins from past online sales