10 Dollars - Elizabeth II Edwin Flack
10 AUD = 6.87 USD
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
Standard Catalog of World Coins
by George S. Cuhaj
Olympic Gold Medalists - Edwin Flack 1896
3rd portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the King George IV State Diadem
ELIZABETH II AUSTRALIA 1994
Athlete running towards the right with Olympic flame and laurel garland, legend above, value below.
AUSTRALIA'S 1ST GOLD MEDALISTS
EDWIN FLACK 1896
Engraver: Horst Hanhe
Plain and smooth
One from a set of six silver coins released to celebrate the Olympic sporting achievements of some of Australia's best athletes entitled "Olympic Heritage". The coins were released in pairs, this one was paired with Sarah Durack.
Mintage in each year was limited to a maximum of 30,000 sets. The 1994 and 1996 issues were not fully subscribed, with total of 21,484 and 15,300 pairs respectively, being sold.
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (Australia's 1-st Gold Medalists - Sarah Durack)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (Australia's Living Legends - Dawn Fraser)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (Australia's Living Legends - Murray Rose)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (Betty Cuthbert)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (Shirley Strickland)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange this coin.
Bullion value: 12.03 USD Search tips
Contribute to the catalogModify or add information about this coin
Match coins from past online sales