10 Dollars - Elizabeth II 3rd Portrait - Edwin Flack - Frosted Proof
|Queen||Elizabeth II (1952-date)|
10.00 AUD = 7.17 USD
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
Edwin Flack 1896 - 1st Gold Medalist
3rd portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the King George IV State Diadem
Athlete running towards the right with Olympic flame and laurel garland, legend above, value below.
AUSTRALIA'S 1ST GOLD MEDALISTS
EDWIN FLACK 1896
Engraver: Horst Hanhe
Plain and smooth
© Mike Bentley
MintRoyal Australian Mint, Canberra, Australia (1965-date)
One from a set of six silver coins released by the RAM to celebrate the Olympic sporting achievements of some of Australia's best athletes, The coins were released in pairs, this one was paired with Sarah Durack and was entitled "Olympic Heritage ".
Mintage in each year was limited to a maximum of 30,000 sets. The 1994 and 1996 issues were not fully subscribed, with total of 21,484 and 15,300 pairs respectively, being sold.
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Sarah Durack - Frosted Proof)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - Dawn Fraser - Frosted Proof)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - Murray Rose - Frosted Proof)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - Betty Cuthbert - Frosted Proof)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd portrait - Shirley Strickland - Frosted Proof)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|1994||21,484||Proof - Frosted|
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange it.
Bullion value: 18.65 USD Search tips
Contribute to the catalogModify or add data on this page
Match past online sales