1 Dollar - Elizabeth II 4th Portrait - Inspirational Australians - Dame Joan Sutherland
1.00 AUD = 0.68 USD
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
Standard Catalog of World Coins
by George S. Cuhaj
Inspirational Australians - Dame Joan Sutherland
4th portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara
Dame Joan Sutherland performing in robe
INSPRATIONAL AUSTRALIANS : PERFORMING ARTS
DAME JOAN SUTHERLAND 1926 - 2010
7 shorter smooth segments between 7 reeded segments (11 grooves each)
© Mike Bentley
In 2008 the Royal Australian Mint introduced a new series of NCLT one dollar coins dedicated to Inspirational Australians. The fourth coin released and dated 2009 was issued in an unusual shaped Coincard.
This fourth coin recognises and honours Dame Joan Sutherland who graced the opera stage in a career spanning over 40 years. Hailed "La Stupenda" by a Venetian audience after a 1960 performance of Handel's Alcina the outstanding soprano was born in 1926 and passed away October 10th 2010. Her life is celebrated with this NCLT one dollar coin commemorating her achievements in the Inspirational Australians series released by the Royal Australian Mint.
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Inspirational Australians - Mary Mackillop)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th portrait - Inspirational Australians - Steve Irwin)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Inspirational Australians - Fred Hollows)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Inspirational Australians - Sir Douglas Mawson)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Inspirational Australians - Slim Dusty)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|2011||24,951||UNC in Coincard|
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange this coin.
Contribute to the catalogModify or add information about this coin
Match coins from past online sales