10 Dollars - Elizabeth II 3rd Portrait - Wedge-tailed Eagle - Silver Proof
|Queen||Elizabeth II (1952-date)|
10.00 AUD = 7.17 USD
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
Series: Birds of Australia
3rd portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the King George IV State Diadem
© Mike Bentley
MintRoyal Australian Mint, Canberra, Australia (1965-date)
Sixth and final coin in the Royal Australian Mint's "Birds of Australia" $10 Sterling Silver Series.
The Wedge-tailed Eagle is often seen in pairs soaring high on motionless wings. When it sights its prey - such as rabbits, carrion, marsupials, and birds - it attacks with an amazing burst of speed. It builds a very large nest (sometimes measuring two and a half metres across) high in an isolated tree so the sitting bird has a clear view. The fourth largest eagle in the world, the Wedge-tail gracefully represents Australia's harsh and powerful beauty.
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - Kookaburra - Silver Proof)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - White Cockatoo - Silver Proof)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - Jabiru - Silver Proof)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - Emperor Penguin - Silver Proof)
- 10 Dollars - Elizabeth II (3rd Portrait - Palm Cockatoo - Silver Proof)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|1994||1,000||0%||Proof - Coin Fair|
Frequencies show the percentage of Numista users who own each year or variety among all the users who own this coin. Since some users own several versions, the sum may be greater than 100%.
Get this coin
A member of this site wants to exchange it: Dido77
Bullion value: 15.37 USD Search tips
Contribute to the catalogModify or add data on this page
Match past online sales