1 Dollar - Elizabeth II 4th Portrait - Masterpieces in Silver - Aboriginal 5 Kangaroos
|Queen||Elizabeth II (1952-date)|
1.00 AUD = 0.72 USD
|Shape||Scalloped (with 12 notches)|
|Orientation||Medal alignment ↑↑|
20th Anniversary of the Australian Dollar Coin
4th portrait of Queen Elizabeth II facing right wearing the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara
Aboriginal version of the Mob of Roos
Lettering: One Dollar
Scalloped with 12 notches
© Mike Bentley
MintRoyal Australian Mint, Canberra, Australia (1965-date)
This Fine Silver (.999) Proof NCLT coin was released as Coin #2, part of the 2004 "Masterpieces in Silver" set
This set recognised 20 Years of the Australian Dollar coin since 1984.
This intriguing coin is a combination of an original design submitted to the Royal Australian Mint and the scalloped edge shape that was considered for the $1 coin. A distinct Aboriginal influence can be detected in the scalloped perimeter of the coin and in the design of the five kangaroos. This particular unusual coin is a silver version of this original pattern dollar coin that was under consideration but not ever actually made or used by the RAM.
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Masterpieces in Silver - Dollar Decade)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Masterpieces in Silver - Five Kangaroos)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Masterpieces in Silver - Imperial Test Dollar)
- 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Masterpieces in Silver - Waltzing Matilda)
- 1 Dollar -Elizabeth II (4th Portrait - Masterpieces in Silver - Wombat)
Manage my collection
To manage your collection, please log in.
|2004||8,250||Proof in Masterpieces in Silver Set|
Get this coin
No member from this site currently wants to exchange it.
Bullion value: 4.92 USD Search tips
Contribute to the catalogModify or add data on this page
Match past online sales