Coins from Portuguese Timor
Settled by Tetum and Kemak peoples, East Timor was first visited by Portuguese in 1515. The official establishment of Portuguese Timor was in 1702. The west part of Timor was part of the Dutch East Indies and later Indonesia. Following the Carnation Revolution of 1974 in Portugal, East Timor declared independence in November 1975.
See also: Timor-Leste
Portuguese Timor - Pataca (1894-1959)
100 Avos = 1 Pataca
Silver (.903) – 27.07 g – ø 39 mm
Portuguese Timor - Escudo (1958-1976)
100 Centavos = 1 Escudo
Numista referee for this country is monge.
A coin doesn't exist in the catalog yet? Add it yourself!