Menu

Banknotes from Portuguese Timor

Banknotes › Portuguese Timor

Settled by Tetum and Kemak peoples, East Timor was first visited by Portuguese in 1515. The official establishment of Portuguese Timor was in 1702. The west part of Timor was part of the Dutch East Indies and later Indonesia. Following the Carnation Revolution of 1974 in Portugal, East Timor declared independence in November 1975. Read more

See also: Timor-Leste

Display options6 results found.
Order by: face value - ruling authority - date - reference
Results per page: 10 - 20 - 50 - 100

5 Patacas
1924
Standard banknote
P# 06

Escudo (1958-1976)

100 Centavos = 1 Escudo

Available for swap
20 Escudos
1967
Standard banknote
136 × 75 mm
P# 26
Available for swap
50 Escudos
1967
Standard banknote
150 × 80 mm
P# 27
100 Escudos
1959
Standard banknote
160 × 80 mm
P# 24
100 Escudos
1963
Standard banknote
160 × 80 mm
P# 28
500 Escudos
1963
Standard banknote
165 × 85 mm
P# 29

A banknote doesn't exist in the catalog yet? Add it yourself!