Vergagni is currently a hamlet in the Sisola Valley, part of the municipality of Mongiardino Ligure, a scattered Italian town in the province of Alessandria, in Piedmont. A castle was erected in Vergagni in the first half of the XIV century, by the Genoese family of Spinola. It was part of the complex political system of the imperial fiefdoms. Two branches of the Spinola family disputed the possession in the second half of the seventeenth century, until an Imperial ruling granted it to Giovanni Battista Spinola in 1676. From the end of the 17th century, some shares of the fiefdom passed to the two lines of the Fieschi Family: Crocefieschi and Savignone, inherited from Tomasina Spinola.
A coin doesn't exist in the catalog yet? Add it yourself!