|Last access||less than a week ago (approximately)|
|Collection||261 coins • 30 countries • 43 issuers (view)|
|Coins to exchange||19|
|Forum posts||1585 (view)|
|Catalog contributions||6 coins added, 16 years added, 12 coins edited, 7 years edited|
What he/she collects
UPDATED - 07/12/18
German Swedish, Danish and British Medieval collection here, as well as a few random silver crowns and ZAR issues.
Others on Oggycollection. (British Halfcrowns, Crowns, medals, and animals/ships)
Other collection: http://en.numista.com/echanges/voir_collection.php?id=72567
- Please message me first if you'd like to swap with me. This is the only way you will be able to open a swap with me -
My privately sorted collection with detailed notes can be viewed here: http://en.numista.com/echanges/voir_collection.php?id=72567
My collection encompasses 4 main tranches: I tend to collect in VF or better, but attractiveness is more important than grade to me.
1. Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, and German State Thalers, Riksdalers, etc. I'm open to Swiss and Austrian Thalers, but they aren't a 'main focus' yet. I like double Thalers, but don't often collect fractional ones. The exception is the Scandinavian types, where I collect anything from 1 Mark-8 Daler/2 Riksdalers.
I don't collect gold in this collection. (Except for very specific pieces, but nobody will ever have spares of those)
2. Coins/Medals with ships,Maps, or both. Very similar to one of apukings focuses unfortunately, but I'm always open to DETAILED crown or larger size coins or medals in this category. Aesthetics is king here. If you have a cleaned toned coin that creates a storm effect on the ocean, that's a positive not a negative for me.
If you happen to spot one at auction, please do let me know!
3. German states and Weimar Republic Coins. Usually in VF or better. Note, I do not collect any German coinage post 1932. (With the exception of the world cup ones)
4. Portuguese early and hammered coinage (Pre-1850) including gold. This is a little on the backburner, but also includes relevant Brazilian issues.
5. South African coinage and British Half crowns/Crowns.
By type. I have most halfcrowns, and pick up the others when they become available at attractive prices. I prefer problem free coins in this category.
5. WWF 1974-1978 silver proof coins. (The A classification in Krause only) The full set of 48. Any Olympic silver proof coinage - Usually uncirculated please.
6. Historically interesting coinage (US trade dollars, British war pennies, etc)
7. Greek and Judean Tetradrachmes.
What he/she wants
I always expect photographs of potential swap coins, preferably high res scans. I will always provide photographs.
I'll consider buying and swapping anything that I collect that I don't have, and swapping or selling anything that I have spare.
I'm generous, but not a fool. If you're looking for an easy target, move on.
- If you are in the UK and have a good quality coin cabinet, safe or both, I may trade coins for them.
Exchange feedbackNumber of ratings: 8
Average rating: 10.0/10
Swaps on the road: 0
Be careful with members having a high number of swaps on the road, since this may mean that they are not sending coins.
Last feedbacks: received - given
bbybugs's feedback on 16-Nov-2017
Very nice addition in my collection, thanks for sharing.
johnspa's feedback on 26-Sep-2017
Excellent communication and 1st class member. Beautiful coins. Recommend highly.
Hopeakettu's feedback on 22-Dec-2016
Guinness world record for the fastest swap ever known to man.
neilithic's feedback on 16-Jun-2016
Excellent as expected
MariaK's feedback on 23-May-2016
Excellent coins from a trusted and generous collector. The communication was direct and constructive, and the package was very safe. I totally suggest him for any transaction!
JOCA's feedback on 8-May-2016
Steve27's feedback on 2-May-2016
Nice coin, great communication, and the Royal Mail did a good job as well.
neilithic's feedback on 19-Apr-2016
Excellent trade thanks