Try the new Numista design!
Menu

Does any one know if they still exchange French francs to euros in 2020

22 posts • viewed 320 times

» Quick access to the last post

I have some 10 franc coins to exchange , can you still exchange them ?
Nope, the exchange deadline for coins and notes have expired. They are mostly likely bulk stuff.
Yes, expired - only lasted three years for conversion. Euro started in 2002 then
in 2005 was the deadline, 15 years ago.
I did find this, presumably current, website - it currently shows £ GBP for me,
or also € EUR or $ USD though not CAD for you ...
https://www.leftovercurrency.com/exchange/french-francs/french-franc-coins/
All sorts of French currency. Coins ...
20Fr, 10Fr, 5Fr, 2Fr, 1Fr, 1/2Fr, 20C, 10C, 5C, 1C
plus banknotes ...

and that second picture shows the start of the drop-down menu, from Albania to Bosnia,
which goes down to Vietnam - so there are a large amount of different currencies they take.
Great - I have a large bag full of French pre-Euro coins, and in daylight I will add them up,
then see what they offer for them. But it is a heavy bag, so maybe postage will be a lot.
Nevertheless, may be worth sending them, and other currencies in. 8)
My collections >
http://mycoinssite.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=13560800
also 13750057 also 15924495 also 15995337
http://mycoinssite.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=16060326
ZacUK- from the FAQs: "If you are sending from the United Kingdom, and if the combined weight of the coins and/or banknotes is over 1kg, we can in most cases fully refund your postage costs. Please contact us prior to sending your currency to find out more."
Thanks - only quickly looked at the page. Will later see what I have,
and though no scales here I am sure well over 1kg total weight for various bags I have.
My collections >
Well, I currently have 858 French coins, with F 1,674.80 face value,
and they offer £ 5.86 for them, before postage ...

My collections >
Quote: "CoinCollector1243"​Nope, the exchange deadline for coins and notes have expired. They are mostly likely bulk stuff.

why does left over currency still redeem money for them, like is it just to get them or are they really bringing them to France to exchange ?
Quote: "ZacUK"​ Well, I currently have 858 French coins, with F 1,674.80 face value,
​and they offer £ 5.86 for them, before postage ...

I like the website i find its verry useful when you have so many valbual coins like one pound coins or euros...

I see you have more then 1000 francs in exchange and in exchange you get 5 pounds for me like 8 dollars that snot really a deal more like a scam in my opinion, like I would take the coins and trade them at coin bins for American or British coins( so you can really make a profit )
Quote: "ZacUK"​ Yes, expired - only lasted three years for conversion. Euro started in 2002 then
​in 2005 was the deadline, 15 years ago.
​ I did find this, presumably current, website - it currently shows £ GBP for me,
​or also € EUR or $ USD though not CAD for you ...
https://www.leftovercurrency.com/exchange/french-francs/french-franc-coins/
​ All sorts of French currency. Coins ...
​20Fr, 10Fr, 5Fr, 2Fr, 1Fr, 1/2Fr, 20C, 10C, 5C, 1C
​plus banknotes ...

​ and that second picture shows the start of the drop-down menu, from Albania to Bosnia,
​which goes down to Vietnam - so there are a large amount of different currencies they take.
​Great - I have a large bag full of French pre-Euro coins, and in daylight I will add them up,
​then see what they offer for them. But it is a heavy bag, so maybe postage will be a lot.
​Nevertheless, may be worth sending them, and other currencies in. 8)

out of all the currency's I think the Spanish pasta would be the most profitable, they give you 3 dollar.. that's epic
I have over 20 to posable send in
Quote: "legowwwww"
Quote: "ZacUK"​ Well, I currently have 858 French coins, with F 1,674.80 face value,
​​and they offer £ 5.86 for them, before postage ...
​​
​​
​​
​I like the website i find its verry useful when you have so many valbual coins like one pound coins or euros...

​ I see you have more then 1000 francs in exchange and in exchange you get 5 pounds for me like 8 dollars that snot really a deal more like a scam in my opinion, like I would take the coins and trade them at coin bins for American or British coins( so you can really make a profit )
​What do you mean by "trade them"? Is it like a take one, give one policy?
Quote: "ZacUK"​ Yes, expired - only lasted three years for conversion. Euro started in 2002 then
​​in 2005 was the deadline, 15 years ago.
​​ I did find this, presumably current, website - it currently shows £ GBP for me,
​​or also € EUR or $ USD though not CAD for you ...
​​https://www.leftovercurrency.com/exchange/french-francs/french-franc-coins/
​​ All sorts of French currency. Coins ...
​​20Fr, 10Fr, 5Fr, 2Fr, 1Fr, 1/2Fr, 20C, 10C, 5C, 1C
​​plus banknotes ...
​​
​​ and that second picture shows the start of the drop-down menu, from Albania to Bosnia,
​​which goes down to Vietnam - so there are a large amount of different currencies they take.
​​Great - I have a large bag full of French pre-Euro coins, and in daylight I will add them up,
​​then see what they offer for them. But it is a heavy bag, so maybe postage will be a lot.
​​Nevertheless, may be worth sending them, and other currencies in. 8)
​​
​out of all the currency's I think the Spanish pasta would be the most profitable, they give you 3 dollar.. that's epic
​I have over 20 to posable send in
​Just making sure, but you mean the newest series, right?
Quote: "CoinCollector1243"​Nope, the exchange deadline for coins and notes have expired. They are mostly likely bulk stuff.
​​
​why does left over currency still redeem money for them, like is it just to get them or are they really bringing them to France to exchange ?
​I've actually corresponded with the people behind this website before because I had the exact same question when I noticed they were still taking Cypriot pounds. The man I spoke to said that they offer a pretty low rate and then sell what they get on eBay or in bulk lots, but they can't exchange them.
Quote: "CoinCollector1243"

​​​and they offer £ 5.86 for them, before postage ...
​​​
​​​
​​​
​​I like the website i find its verry useful when you have so many valbual coins like one pound coins or euros...
​​
​​ I see you have more then 1000 francs in exchange and in exchange you get 5 pounds for me like 8 dollars that snot really a deal more like a scam in my opinion, like I would take the coins and trade them at coin bins for American or British coins( so you can really make a profit )
​​
​​What do you mean by "trade them"? Is it like a take one, give one policy?

at my coin expo twice a year they do a give one get 5 policy, so I can give 5 coins and get 25 coins from a specific bucket that they sort to remove large coins over 30mm, so I usually pull out American coins or Australian dollars, uk pounds and euros.

​​

​​​​and they offer £ 5.86 for them, before postage ...
​​​​
​​​​
​​​​
​​​I like the website i find its verry useful when you have so many valbual coins like one pound coins or euros...
​​​
​​​ I see you have more then 1000 francs in exchange and in exchange you get 5 pounds for me like 8 dollars that snot really a deal more like a scam in my opinion, like I would take the coins and trade them at coin bins for American or British coins( so you can really make a profit )
​​​
​​​What do you mean by "trade them"? Is it like a take one, give one policy?
​​
​at my coin expo twice a year they do a give one get 5 policy, so I can give 5 coins and get 25 coins from a specific bucket that they sort to remove large coins over 30mm, so I usually pull out American coins or Australian dollars, uk pounds and euros.
​Wow! I wish I had something like that!
​and they offer £ 5.86 for them, before postage ...

Eish... that’s a little low for me...

apparently at the old (no longer valid since 2005) exchange rates that’s worth £235.44. Obviously they couldn’t give you that, but £5.86 for them is an embarrassment.
What do you expect? They are worthless in matters of face value and numismatic value (some variety nuts might disagree) and it's still better then zero ... most likely the metal price +/-.

P.S. why do you guys always have to use full quote on full quote on full quote on full quote on full quote ....... 90% of this little thread are quotes 8~.
I think one reason for the low price is how little they sell bulk coins for. I messaged them, and they charge £3.50 per kilogram.
Quote: "CoinCollector1243"​I think one reason for the low price is how little they sell bulk coins for. I messaged them, and they charge £3.50 per kilogram.
​They do? Where do I buy them?
Quote: "GoldenGarfield"
Quote: "CoinCollector1243"​I think one reason for the low price is how little they sell bulk coins for. I messaged them, and they charge £3.50 per kilogram.
​​They do? Where do I buy them?
​I guess you have to message them.
Quote: "GoldenGarfield"

​​​They do? Where do I buy them?
​​I guess you have to message them.
​Interesting. I’ll try it.
I have to say that there will probably only be demonetized, non-exchangeable coins in the lot.
Quote: "Idolenz"​P.S. why do you guys always have to use full quote on full quote on full quote on full quote on full quote ....... 90% of this little thread are quotes 8~.
​Totally agreed. Only use quotes when necessary (there is no need to use a quote when you react on the last post).
And when you use a quote, keep only that part of the quote you're reacting on and delete the rest. It's such a small effort and it makes the thread much clearer.

» Top of the page

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 08:59AM.