Default choice of "Collection" [solved]

8 posts • viewed 109 times

This message aims at: reporting a bug

Upvotes: 2
Downvotes: 1
I have noticed a thing that is very annoying, and this is that when I edit a coin I also have to rechoose the Collection I want it in. The default mode isn't the one already chosen, but the one on top of the list. So If I'm just making a quick change, let's say adding a comment, on a coin I've marked in my World collection, this will automatically change to my Colonies collection. I would like that "World" is still chosen as the collection. Is there any reason this is changed?

Thanks!
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Quote: "ngdawa"​I have noticed a thing that is very annoying, and this is that when I edit a coin I also have to rechoose the Collection I want it in. The default mode isn't the one already chosen, but the one on top of the list. So If I'm just making a quick change, let's say adding a comment, on a coin I've marked in my World collection, this will automatically change to my Colonies collection. I would like that "World" is still chosen as the collection. Is there any reason this is changed?

​Thanks!
​Hi, sorry for the off topic, but i didn't know that it's possible to create different collections.
Can you direct me to where it is explained how to do it?
thank you.

Julio
Go to Settings then My collections.
Quote: "Idolenz"​Go to Settings then My collections.
​thanks, found it.
It's really frustrating to just make a minor edit, and then all of a sudden the coin ends up in a different collection. Why can't the already selected collection be unchanged? It's not that number of coins, or grades, are reset as soon as I make an edit to a coin?
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Hello,
I'm not able to reproduce the issue, the collection should not change if you change only a different field.
Still I made some adjustments which may help with that issue.
Could you please advise which browser you are using? Does this issue occur again?
At work they still use Internet Explorer. Since my computer at home takes 15 minutes to just open the browser, I am making most of my editing at work. I just tried and it still changes collection when I press the edit button. Unfortunately I cannot take any screen shots. I will see if the same happens when at home, where I use Chrome. Maybe, and hopefully, it's just a Internet Explorer issue.

Thanks!
I just realised I still had the old version of Numista. When I changed to the new one it works as it should. Thanks again, mate!
Status changed to Solved (Xavier, 29-Sep-2020, 21:15)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 12:42.