radar bills?

5 posts • viewed 86 times

This message aims at: requesting a new tag

Upvotes: 1
Downvotes: 2
I recently can across some older bills that have a Serial Number that can be read from either direction. I asked around and found out they might be called radar bills. Is this something that can be added to the list as a rare bill. I don't know to much so any help is appreciated.

Thanks
I would note them in the personal comments.

Will
Yep, I'd add them in the comments. That's what I do with my notes, and it seems to work fine. This way, no unnecessary lines need to be added to each page. Also, nice note! It's definitely worth extra, even in circulated condition.
"Be kind, rewind."

Numista referee for banknotes from Greece, Crete & the Ionian Islands.
Hello,

These are called palindromes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palindrome

I've never heard of the term "radar bill", but the word "radar" is a palindrome. Maybe that's why.

Also closing this thread as being logged under a "tag" ticket which does not apply.

Best regards

strato
Status changed to Rejected (stratocaster, 2-Feb-2021, 21:34)
When it come to serial number, all bannotes are rare, since there's only one with each number. No extra lines needed for radar numbers, and numbers like 111111, 123456, 654321, or anything like that.

Thanks!
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 06:16.