How old are you ? What's your job ? And other hobbies ?

323 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Just to get to know people better I thought this could be nice :) Don't put any fields in you're not comfortable with but ...

I'm 22, work as a plumbing and heating engineer and my other hobbies include modifying cars, rural walks with the girlfriend and mutt, and just doing things with friends.
Hey there Mark.

I'm a 16 year old Japanese kid who has AP classes as a job. Yeah it's depressing, but at least it's not soda pressing.

I also collect stamps from the Japanese Empire, British Empire, French Empire, and other stamps, mostly concentrated in the Asian region.

Let's see what other people have to say.
Kenny

- Verifying your Asian and British-territorial coins everyday with the best quality photos and the best information.

Check out my Facebook, Kenneth Gucyski.
Hello,

I am 18 years old and my job will be going to college starting in September.

I also collect banknotes from the entire world.

Regards
I am also 18. No job yet. Attending college right now.

Well except collecting coins I like to read good fiction supernatural themed novels, watch movies. And I also collect several small useless things like matchboxes, postcards, stamps etc; but not as serious as coins.

Interesting thing is all the youngsters are only replying to this thread.  8)
find me in facebook
www.facebook.com/akash.drogunks
Quote: SmartOneKgI'm a 16 year old Japanese kid who has AP classes as a job. Yeah it's depressing, but at least it's not soda pressing.
:D Punny! - couldn't resist, could you?
OK Akash7, I'll bite! I was 18 - 33 yrs ago, woodworking, birdwatching - nope, I do not collect coins with birds on them :D
I'm 37, so I consider myself a youngster.  8)  
I work as a registered nurse. Besides coin collecting, I enjoy reading non-fiction books and playing board games with my family.
I don't send via registered mail with very few exceptions. My swap list is for sale.
14 years old, fanatic coin and beer coaster collector and no job for the moment. Just a pupil who hates school  B)

Greetings, Lotus07
"For by telling them of many things without teaching them you will make them seem to know much, while for the most part they know nothing"
-Plato
I am 31, and I'm a naval architect by profession. Naval Architect is a fancy way of saying ship designer.  I am also an amateur librarian.

My other hobbies include bicycling, scuba diving, kayaking, geocaching, bocce, and badminton.  I play and design boardgames, make candles, and survey shipwrecks. I also collect books, 78rpm records, and lapel pins of places I visit.
Age 73  Retired truck, bus, and auto mechanic. Started into world coins, when I inherited my brother's small collection, somewhere over 1500 coins. Other interests amateur astronomy and trying to figure out how far and in what direction to go with coins. I read the forums daily, and this is my first post.  

Koin72
Always remember, No matter where you go, there you are.
Quote: Koin72I read the forums daily, and this is my first post.
Welcome to the forum, Koin72, and thanks for sharing - it's good to finally hear from you :)
Just because you can't see it ... doesn't mean it isn't there - Anon.

Coin catalogue referee for England, United Kingdom, New Zealand & pre-Union South Africa.
Banknote catalogue referee for England & United Kingdom.
I am 20 years old, I have worked as a barman and waiter for 2 and a half years but will be leaving my job to go to university next month (yay!)

I play the trumpet to quite a high standard but hope to improve considerably in my 3 years of study at the University of Southampton, starting next month.

I have also been known to compose a bit, but I also love listening to a diverse range of musical periods and genres.

Coin collecting is my 2nd favourite hobby after my music.

I also have a small bank note collection, though I do not know much about them or their worth. Same for stamps, I have a couple of carrier bags full of stamps and half filled stamp albums with some of them being really quite old, but again, I know nothing much about them or their value, I just like having them lol
Yea coins are my 2nd fav, cars always have and will be my first I just hope when I'm older I can affOrd a lotus Carlton ! Currently in the process of fitting a supercharger to a 2.5 v6 which is slow progress haha !
I am 42, work at the firebrigade. I also have a sea aquarium and like to play tennis and cycle.
I am 34. And work as maintenance planning enginner at an oil refinery. I like to study about photography and to watch motorsports. I want to build a Lotus 7 replica in the future.
Quote: SmartOneKgI'm a 16 year old Japanese kid who has AP classes as a job.
AP? You should try IB. I'm 15 and along with my very academic (  ;(  ) private school I am also a competitive swimmer who trains 9 times a week. It sucks.
Coin collecting is my only time of relaxation  :(

But I'm impressed at how many teens there are. None of my friends collect coins and when I go to coin shows in Canada they are dominated by people 50 years my senior
Numista referee for Canada and Estonia.
I'm 28. Coin shows in London are still dominated by people 50 years older than me!
I am a Primary School Teacher and enjoy listening to music, watching films, and fencing. I have just qualified as a Level 2 foil coach! :wiz:
Quote: eminemBut I'm impressed at how many teens there are. None of my friends collect coins and when I go to coin shows in Canada they are dominated by people 50 years my senior
There are quite a few teen coin collectors. Recently I introduced my friend to Numista and he's just a year older than I am. Coin collecting is a good investment, especially at our age when the dollar inflates and the values of the coins remains the same.

Quote: bam777I am a Primary School Teacher and enjoy listening to music, watching films, and fencing.
Who doesn't like music and films? Teachers are some of the best people in our lives because they raise us and help us. And they're funny too. I actually want to become an English teacher in Japan so that way students can pronounce their Ls correctly, but I also want to major in marketing and economics at CalState Long Beach, although my dream school is UC Davis.
Kenny

- Verifying your Asian and British-territorial coins everyday with the best quality photos and the best information.

I'm 56 and I dominate coin shows.
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
Brilliant. I was awaiting a witty comment on the coin show front. Thanks for that, Phil!
Quote: SmartOneKgCoin collecting is a good investment, especially at our age when the dollar inflates and the values of the coins remains the same.
yeah thats the only way that I can justify spending so much money on coins-- that unlike clothes, cars, video games and alcohol, the value will (usually) remain rather than decrease with time
I'm 19 years old. I'm currently studying to become a bio-engineer, but I've also a job in a supermarket located in a neighbouring village.
My other hobbies includes: tracking euronotes, cycling, archery (very recently) and like many others listing to all sorts of music.
I´m 29 years old and a photographer working in a photo lab.

Besides collecting coins I like doing sports like table tennis, badminton, volleyball,...
reading, ...
I am 25, I own my own photography studio and work as a part time EMT on the side. I collect silver coins (as well as all others, mostly silver to leave for my daughter someday) and medieval arms and armor.  
I'm a 21 year old barista (where i actually get most of my coins!) currently studying archaeology in university.

I've worked at a small coffee shop for around 4 years and I started to notice all these foreign coins accumulating in the tip jar or mixed in (mistakenly) in the register. After about two years I started taking them home, and now I've got a small but pretty diverse collection. Wishing I would've snagged them up from the very beginning!
Rachelle
Canada
I'm 19 years old. I'm learning at the university. My hobbies playing football. I play a few teams. I am also a business owner
I'm 48 years old, but seriously collecting since the age of 6. Guess this puts me in the category "young collector who is now old"  :O

I work as an IT-consultant, usually coordinating/managing the testing of software-implementations in financial institutions: I love money from a professional perspective as well.
Other hobbies: travelling with my family, reading (non-fiction), music (Dutch singer-songwriters & classical).
I'm 19 years old, studying mathematics. One of my favourite other hobbies is postcrossing, amongst bicycling, reading and so on.

I didn't expect so many of my age here!  :D
Quote: frleonI didn't expect so many of my age here!  :D
Neither me. :) Happy to see so many teenagers.
find me in facebook
www.facebook.com/akash.drogunks
HEY ! I'm twen-teen two ! Lol
Hi - I'm 22 years old, been in the army for 6 years, and made a collection of every UK £2 coin.

Spend most of my time on eBay buying and selling
Wow, at 33 I didn't think I'd be older than about 80% of the people that answered.

I work at our local city council in the historic records department.

I used to collect stamps but not any more, I've been collecting coins for about a year and a half and I also play tennis, badminton, I hunt and hike, play with my kids and read a lot.
Hello!

I'm 15 years old. Currently attending school. Really love coin collecting. Through this I learn more about a nation's history. I am a teen who wants to learn and loves to learn different things. Too bad some things are not possible in our country. Because of so many teens here who collect coins too, I was encouraged to reveal my age and other stuffs. Just hoping that this won't change the way Numista greeted me and welcomed when I first came here. :O

Best Regards,
Collin  :8D
Best Regards,
Collin
It's quite reassuring to see so many young collectors, this speaks well for the future.

I can't help but notice coin and I would guess stamp collectors tend to be the professionals and skilled tradesmen with a little more disposable income.  I hope those Occupy Wall Street proles don't start targetting us!

Phil Nightingale

Retired IT God who collects coins, money boxes, old share certificates, stamps and guns, lots of guns.
56years young an like an coins
james
Quote: collin26Just hoping that this won't change the way Numista greeted me and welcomed when I first came here. :O
It seems to me, collin26, that quite the opposite is true. After reading and writing on this forum for the last year and a half the impression I get, which is backed up by Phil's post above, is that the older generation of collectors here are greatly encouraged by the large number of teenage and twenty-something enthusiasts that are not just collecting but taking an active part in the forum and even volunteering on the team. Good luck to you all :D
Just because you can't see it ... doesn't mean it isn't there - Anon.

Coin catalogue referee for England, United Kingdom, New Zealand & pre-Union South Africa.
Banknote catalogue referee for England & United Kingdom.
Hi - I am 50 years old and a widower, bitten by the coin collecting bug when I was about 10 or so; and stamps not so much now. I collect paper too. Like to go on walk and try to take pic of deer. I am very boring. I make springs normally .375 to .675 of an inch wire; most weigh around 5 - 10 lbs. But have made 5 inch dia over 4 feet long and weighing 120 lbs. Work is crazy - this is the 3rd week this year I am not working overtime. Springs are everywhere.
 But I like to try to keep value out of my coin collection and do it for the fun of it. Yes it has a value and it well go up in value. I see coin being very different in 10 to 20 years if they're still here; I hope they're still around. And I do collect unc and silver coins as an investment. But that is not my collection. I like to keep my collection just for fun. Good things come to those who are good. Yes I know good guy end in last, but I like to think they have better lives. The year my wife died I got my oldest coin as changes. It was a 1908 v-nickel and 101 years old when I got it in changes. It's not in very good shape; but I'll keep it forever.
It is, what it is.
I hope they do as well Phil; keep you Yankee doodles out of my cheap coin market ;)
Oh I am also very surprised by the age of the many I have met ! But then I assumed most collectors would be around my dads age (51) and older and he as with alot of people I know of that age group don't use the computer etc, so I guess that has alot too do with it aswel ! It's a great hobby for all age groups and is something I will set my own kids away with :) I honestly never thought I would be this interested in them again, it makes me wish I went the other way after school and did a history degree rather than a manual skilled job that I'm not healthy enough to do anymore !
If you're looking for an old person's hobby,

Look at stamp collecting. I'm one of few here who collects stamps.
Kenny

Quote: pnightingaleI'm 56 and I dominate coin shows.
HAHAHA. Nice.

I'm 34. A truck driver and I also collect banknotes.
hello,

i am 14 years old and school is my job :P. i primarily collect numismatics but i am also a semi professional pianist, to a lesser extent i collected rocks and i like to help ppl get into coins and/or help them with identification. i also like antiques - particularly ceramics and clayware. i would really like to know ppl around me who are also crazy coin collectors. as for coins, i've been collecting since 4, i collect on the go, if its good i take it (unless its a not so intresting circ or one i have loads of). but my focus is still north american and oriental, i also like deutsche notgeld in papier. nice to meet you all!
University is time consuming, cherish your free time!

Honi soit qui mal y pense.
hey SmartOne
 do you need some kingdom of Hawaii stamps - I have 5 or 10 of them looking for a good home.
        yours daryl
It is, what it is.
Quote: 15turtleshello,

i am 14 years old and school is my job :P. i primarily collect numismatics but i am also a semi professional pianist, to a lesser extent i collected rocks and i like to help ppl get into coins and/or help them with identification. i also like antiques - particularly ceramics and clayware. i would really like to know ppl around me who are also crazy coin collectors. as for coins, i've been collecting since 4, i collect on the go, if its good i take it (unless its a not so intresting circ or one i have loads of). but my focus is still north american and oriental, i also like deutsche notgeld in papier. nice to meet you all!
Waw, you have a very nice collection! :8D
lol thxx.

i take it you are swedish? (your username) can you help me with a swedish coin? its 1435-1935 (1935) 5 kroner with the inscription sveriges (swedish)*riksdag (?)

and a face on the back, i do not know anyting else about it.

:D

Quote: 15turtlescan you help me with a swedish coin? its 1435-1935 (1935) 5 kroner with the inscription sveriges (swedish)*riksdag (?) and a face on the back, i do not know anyting else about it.
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces12993.html
My collections >
http://mycoinssite.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=13560800
also 13750057 also 15924495 also 15995337
http://mycoinssite.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=16060326
0.0 kk thx

I'm 16, and I don't have a job yet, so I focus in studying, playing the piano, improving my English skills and, obviously, COLLECTING COINS!  :8D
As eminem said, I don't have any partner with my same age who collects as much as I do, though I know one of my same age with the same feelings for coins I express but we are distanced :/
I hope more teens get encouraged to collect coins!
I am 31. I found my first coin in a parking lot when I was 6. I only learned about swapping 2 years ago, it's a lot of fun, even with some lost packages and shipping costs being high.
  I am a roofing contractor for flat roofs. I also do copper art and blacksmithing, www.redsmithstudios.com
  I have too many hobbies for a complete list and as my daughter is almost one, all my hobbies have slowed down, but include mountain hiking and backpacking, the study of flora and fauna, how to survive in the woods, swing dancing, guns and shooting, history study and re-enacting (American revolution), free diving, teaching kids stuff, and if I were rich I would drop all this and just travel.
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
Quote: Mark240590I hope they do as well Phil; keep you Yankee doodles out of my cheap coin market ;)
No Yankees in the Nightingale household, Rebel to the bone. I wish the Confederacy coins were less expensive :(
Quote: 15turtleslol thxx.

i take it you are swedish?
No, I'm Belgian but I love the country very much and speak Swedish a bit (enough to order a cup of coffee for example).

Quote: 15turtlescan you help me with a swedish coin? its 1435-1935 (1935) 5 kroner with the inscription sveriges (swedish)*riksdag (?)

That's quite a nice piece to have! I see you've got all the information you need from ZacUK. The only thing I can still add is that it's silver content is one of the highest you can find in Swedish numismatics.
im 42 old

im painter and jewerly designer and maker :)
summer is my time for making a lot of money:))
other hobbies? hmmmm
fishing,music,playing gituar,evenings with beatyfull foreign girls:P
rock n roll of course :)
rock n roll stop the traffic
http://stores.ebay.com/uemkartcollectibles
Hi all,

I'm 30 years old.

I'm an electrical engineer, working at HV/MV substations.
My hobbies are photography and coins. :) lots of them.  <:D
I like to travel too, and I love music.

Regards
HR
Carpe Diem - HR
Quote: Kräftskiva
Quote: 15turtleslol thxx.

i take it you are swedish?
No, I'm Belgian but I love the country very much and speak Swedish a bit (enough to order a cup of coffee for example).

Quote: 15turtlescan you help me with a swedish coin? its 1435-1935 (1935) 5 kroner with the inscription sveriges (swedish)*riksdag (?)

That's quite a nice piece to have! I see you've got all the information you need from ZacUK. The only thing I can still add is that it's silver content is one of the highest you can find in Swedish numismatics.
d'accord, tu est un person de belgie et t aime le suede... le content de l'argent c combien dans le 5 kroner suede? merci...  :D

It's nice to know there is so many young members in the hobby, I went to a local hobby shop last week and it's an older fella my mother knows he identified my 1888 6 pence when I was a kid that I had ruined through cleaning and polishing it :O (I only clean coins with electrolysis now if they are poor condition and worthless)
And he said that years ago there was alot of young people in the hobby but due to play stations and other things they have lost interest, now I must admit I followed the same path but I am now back on it and it's very therapeutic IMO it takes my mind off all the pain I am in ! It's sad because other than a few worthless coins he had nothing but model aeroplanes and a few air rifles such a shame !
Hello - I'm 26 and decided to go back to college to do joinery, which starts end of September. My hobbies are coins, metal detecting, eBay shop, and history (mainly wars/empires etc).
Joinery ? Your keen industry is crippled ! I've just applied for funding to do my HGV class 2
47 years old. Lost my 2 legs in Afghanistan 4 years ago.
Spends most of my time fighting the government for medical benefits.
If I had lost my legs 2 years earlier, my benifits would have been almost double what it is now.
Secretly, our government cut the benifits to injured soldiers by over 40% while we were in Afghanistan.
I was in the military for nearly 25 years ... all my adult life. I gave a lot for my country.
Fighting in Afghanistan was easier than fighting our own government for basic medical benefits.
god bless you for serving the country. best of luck with your fight of medical benefits  ;)

Quote: 15turtlesgod bless you for serving the country. best of luck with your fight of medical benefits  ;)
Thank you!
23 year old student. Other hobbies are soccer and rugby. Anyone know of circulating world coins featuring these sports? :)
Trying to get a coin from each UN country with circulating coins. 20 to go!
I am 47 years old. I spent 25 years in the military. I had to retire 4 years ago because of an explosion in Afghanistan where I lost both legs above the knees along with other injuries. I struggle everyday because of my pension does not cover my expenses. Dealing with coins helps keep me sane ..... sometimes. However, I have had to sell all my valuable coins to survive.
Quote: coinsoldierI am 47 years old. I spent 25 years in the military. I had to retire 4 years ago because of an explosion in Afghanistan where I lost both legs above the knees along with other injuries. I struggle everyday because of my pension does not cover my expenses. Dealing with coins helps keep me sane ..... sometimes. However, I have had to sell all my valuable coins to survive.
james
:)
Quote: jamser8923 years old and PhD in criminology and law student. Other hobbies are soccer and rugby. Anyone know of circulating world coins featuring these sports? :)
james
There's loads,
London 2012 50 pence : the offside rule
Two pounds 1999: rugby World Cup
l200&500 1989 commemorative of italia '90 just to name a few.[list]
Quote: james wolfe:)
Quote: jamser8923 years old and PhD in criminology and law student. Other hobbies are soccer and rugby. Anyone know of circulating world coins featuring these sports? :)
James, Do you have the 2012 Canada $1.00 coin 100th Anniversary of the Grey Cup .... Canadian Football League?

I'm a 34 year old district manager for a service company in an oil & gas industry.  I got my 1st few coins when I was 16 & have been collecting them off & on since but didn't get more dedicated until few years ago.  I also enjoy collecting paper notes, UFC cards, photography & fishing but don't have nearly as much time as I wish I did to dedicate myself to my hobbies.  Does anyone know if there's a site similar to this for paper notes?  
One persons change is another persons hobby :)
Quote: petralexI'm a 34 year old district manager for a service company in an oil & gas industry.  I got my 1st few coins when I was 16 & have been collecting them off & on since but didn't get more dedicated until few years ago.  I also enjoy collecting paper notes, UFC cards, photography & fishing but don't have nearly as much time as I wish I did to dedicate myself to my hobbies.  Does anyone know if there's a site similar to this for paper notes?
http://worldbanknotegallery.com/
Hi - I'm 45 and burnt myself out with a middle management job in transport a few years ago. I'm now a courier driver.
I like music, sport, fishing, reading and helping out running an animal rescue (Mainly Hedgehogs) from home with my wife. I'm also a landscaper and enjoy landscaping and renovating our little home that was an absolute shambles when we bought it.

Coins and banknotes are what occupy a lot of my time and I'd wish I'd found this hobby years ago.

Funny story... my stepfather used to collect coins and because I was none the wiser back then... I used to use/steal some of his coins that he used to keep in a wooden box (dare I say it) to play gaming machines back in the early eighties.   z|  
I remember some of them to be quite attractive and I still cringe every time that thought enters my head.
 x.

Lysdexic1
As a youngster, I like to find NZ pre-decimal and foreign coins that had made It's way into circulated coinage.

The thought of holding a object of the past with it's hidden history really intrigued me as a youngster...and still does.
Thanks pnightingale, now I'm excited to go home & view it on my computer (I'm writing this from my iPhone). If it's half as good as Numista I'm going to have a long busy night ahead of me. :)  
Thanks again.
Quote: petralexThanks pnightingale, now I'm excited to go home & view it on my computer (I'm writing this from my iPhone). If it's half as good as Numista I'm going to have a long busy night ahead of me. :)  
Thanks again.
You are welcome, fellow collector. I would be curious to know how you find it. I don't have many banknotes but I guess it's time to start cataloging them however I'm told the WCG is not very user-friendly.
Worldbanknotegallery is OK at best, but after using Numista for coins that site comes off very plain. While it allows you to select your notes quickly, it doesn't have options for quantity, rating & image is only a pop up when you hover over the line item with your mouse. I guess you can say I've been spoiled by the quality Numista offers. :)  Needless to say I'm still giving it a try until something more user-friendly comes along anyway.
IM 30! Im geography teacher i love to travel (love to know about countries) and trekking, and mountains, and beach; and collecting banknotes, postcards and coins...
HI! Lets swap??
Common for common, silver for silver
Swap banknotes too
I'm 14, I mow the lawn and do other chores to procure funds, although school could also be considered my job, and my other hobbies include collecting bottles, bottle caps, stamps, and bills.
19, just finished IB with a 42, but can't apply for universities because I have 2 years of compulsory military service to complete. Worked as a cashier for a month, now just waiting for my letter. My other hobbies includes historiography, East Asian history, opera, Mahler and classic rock.
Denn alles Fleisch, es ist wie Gras
I'm 35 (but look much younger), working in IT banking.

Hobbies come and go, besides collecting coins, I enjoy photography, travel and financial markets.

Have a young toddler, so most of my free time is spent with family.  Oh, and I'm making my first trip to Europe in March next year, looking forward to adding to my coin collection.
I'm turning a year on October 26..

Well, Happy birthday to me!
Best Regards,
Collin
I'm 43 years olde.. Been an Electrician going on 24 yrs or so..  I've been fascinated with collecting and been doing that, on and off, since I was a young ladd in the late 70s. I also used to collect stamps & world paper currency in the 80s. Don't remember what the heck my hobbies were after the 90s, oh yeah I got married :°  Then I tried metal detecting, tropical fish, building and fixing computers, and hmm, I've had many hobbies come and go, but I always return to coin collecting.. I'm also pretty handy so I enjoy working on stuff and fixing things when they break.  8)  Other than that I'm just an all around internet junkie and T.V. couch potato.  
So many coins... So little time...
Quote: fliegendehollander19, just finished IB with a 42
Wow nice job-- thats insane! got any notes?  ;)  HL biology is destroying me slowly haha I would be overjoyed with 6's in everything

and Collin: my birthday is only two days after yours; happy early birthday!
I'm 21 years old, Moroccan student, got my associate's degree in Marketing, have been in some internships now I'm back to school working on my bachelor degree, I liked to collect coins since an early age, mostly Moroccan and French coins, the first ones were gifts from my mother and grandmother, in elementary school age it was a competition game with my cousins at the beginning now most of them give up on the hobby, and so far I have 500+ coins which in majority I got them from others,...so basically my collection is built with the help of people around me knowing my interest in coins. I also collect banknotes, stamps and metal keys :)
Ahmed
Quote: eminemand Collin: my birthday is only two days after yours; happy early birthday!
Thanks! Happy birthday to the two of us! :O
Best Regards,
Collin
i wasnt expecting such a high response to this topic ha ! nice too see the community spirit, happy birthday to us all !!!! (8
Ok, since now nearly everyone else have presented themselves already... I'm a 34 years old servicedesk technician, which means I answer the phone and answer questions like "I can't log in, could it be because my account was disabled last month?".  :)

Actually it's not such a bad job. But when I have a moment, I like the coin collecting because it's quiet, relaxing, totally useless and most of all - completely analogue! Well, that is, when I'm not browsing this site of course which is kinda digital.

Since I have a few kids around, there is no time for any other hobbies, so this is it.
Quote: pileborgOk, since now nearly everyone else have presented themselves already... I'm a 34 years old servicedesk technician, which means I answer the phone and answer questions like "I can't log in, could it be because my account was disabled last month?".  :)

Actually it's not such a bad job. But when I have a moment, I like the coin collecting because it's quiet, relaxing, totally useless and most of all - completely analogue! Well, that is, when I'm not browsing this site of course which is kinda digital.

Since I have a few kids around, there is no time for any other hobbies, so this is it.
I did 4 years on a service desk and it's a wonder I am still sane.

"Hello, my computer is making grinding noises and smoking, what should I do?"

"Reboot, then call me back"

"Hi, I've rebooted and now the case is melting"

"Turn it off, go for lunch. Then turn it back on again, it should be just fine"

"Wow, thanks you are a genius"

"I know"
I'm on my 13:th year.
Quote: pnightingale
Quote: pileborgOk, since now nearly everyone else have presented themselves already... I'm a 34 years old servicedesk technician, which means I answer the phone and answer questions like "I can't log in, could it be because my account was disabled last month?".  :)

I did 4 years on a service desk and it's a wonder I am still sane.

"Hello, my computer is making grinding noises and smoking, what should I do?"

"Reboot, then call me back"

"Hi, I've rebooted and now the case is melting"

"Turn it off, go for lunch. Then turn it back on again, it should be just fine"

"Wow, thanks you are a genius"

"I know"
:O  :O  :O
"For by telling them of many things without teaching them you will make them seem to know much, while for the most part they know nothing"
-Plato
HI,
I am 40 years young, working with Pharmaceutical Company, my hobbies are coins, notes, stamps, ink pens and daggers.

I inherited the collection from my dad of coins and stamps, since last few years pumped in my way to go global and finish the theme of one stamp, one coin, one note of all the countries in the world. So far so good.  :)
Quote: Dr. MathI'm 14, I mow the lawn and do other chores to procure funds, although school could also be considered my job, and my other hobbies include collecting bottles, bottle caps, stamps, and bills.
  I used to collect bottles as well; I still have some ...

For those that do not know, the 'torpedo' shape is called a Hamilton, and the one to the left of it is called a Codd. Kids used to break them to get at the glass marble inside.
   The Hamilton was designed to lie on the side so the cork would always be wet from the bottle liquid and so would not dry out. The Codd (from which also the expresssion "Codd's Wallop" came) was opened with a wooden plunger, which pushed the marble down from the rubber seal at the top, and located it in the indentation a few inches down. The bottle on the right also has a marble, but the indentations are right at the base, for some reason. I still have somewhere (maybe in parents house) a Warner's Safe Cure; the larger size, and I had (before it got smashed) the smaller size one as well.
   The rarer Codd and Hamilton bottles had coloured glass, like blue or red, for ease of identification I guess, or some just had a coloured lip at the top. Apparently to make red glass there was gold added - I would have though the glass would turn yellow, but no it turns red; though I guess other things could also make glass red. Anyway, that'll do for now.  :Zz:
My collections >
http://mycoinssite.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=13560800
also 13750057 also 15924495 also 15995337
http://mycoinssite.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=16060326
Quote: ZacUK
Quote: Dr. MathI'm 14, I mow the lawn and do other chores to procure funds, although school could also be considered my job, and my other hobbies include collecting bottles, bottle caps, stamps, and bills.
  I used to collect bottles as well; I still have some ...

For those that do not know, the 'torpedo' shape is called a Hamilton, and the one to the left of it is called a Codd. Kids used to break them to get at the glass marble inside.
   The Hamilton was designed to lie on the side so the cork would always be wet from the bottle liquid and so would not dry out. The Codd (from which also the expresssion "Codd's Wallop" came) was opened with a wooden plunger, which pushed the marble down from the rubber seal at the top, and located it in the indentation a few inches down. The bottle on the right also has a marble, but the indentations are right at the base, for some reason. I still have somewhere (maybe in parents house) a Warner's Safe Cure; the larger size, and I had (before it got smashed) the smaller size one as well.
   The rarer Codd and Hamilton bottles had coloured glass, like blue or red, for ease of identification I guess, or some just had a coloured lip at the top. Apparently to make red glass there was gold added - I would have though the glass would turn yellow, but no it turns red; though I guess other things could also make glass red. Anyway, that'll do for now.  :Zz:
That's pretty cool! I'm kind of new to bottle collecting and I only have a few older ones in my collection. Maybe I'll start up a new conversation for bottle collecting so I can show some pictures of my bottles.
Quote: ZacUK

...and the one to the left of it is called a Codd. Kids used to break them to get at the glass marble inside.
Reminds me of Ramune, a Japanese soda with the little glass marble.

Makes me think what I'm gonna keep and what I'm gonna toss when I get older. There's so much to life.
Kenny

The only bottles I have are both unopened bottles of Newcastle brown ale one commemorating Alan Shearer's testimonial and the other.. The tall ships have been tempted to flog the latter however the testimonial one will never leave my possession !
I am 29 and a statistician. I calculate math, swing dance and use the shiny golden dollar coins to impress the cute barista in the coffee shop. I also collect maps.
Hello.

My name is Pedro Menezes and I'm from Portugal and I work in a Industry of paper.
I have 31 years .

I'm a strong collector of Portuguese coins but I also collect coins from the world .... at the moment I have coins from 71 countries and I want more :D

If anyone likes Portuguese coins I would like change.

Sorry my English - please correct my right.
Welcome ! I love Portugal.. I went to albufeira in 2011, it was my first holiday and I loved it its a truly beautiful place especially when you head out towards loule
Quote: Mark240590Welcome ! I love Portugal.. I went to albufeira in 2011, it was my first holiday and I loved it its a truly beautiful place especially when you head out towards loule

Thanks....ALGARVE  is on of many beautiful place in portugal.
unfortunately i never go to England  but my dream is fly too any capital of europe.
yeah we are going with another couple again next year but i dont know whether to go back to albufeira or maybe go to paria d rocha (excuse the spelling) as last year we went to seville on a day trip i would like to go to lisbon !
I'm 25 studying international business in London. Im half French and half German but lived all my life in Germany. I started collecting coins only about 2 years ago but I've always been a collector for many things, from antiques to militaria - just the whole lot  :) (no weapons or ammunition though that's not my thing and the German government doesn´t really appreciate it). My hobbies are travelling, fishing, scuba diving, treasure hunting (metal detector), and of course finding bargains and collecting. I mostly collect 19th century coins especially of the Swiss cantons, Italian States and colonial coins, I am also more about quality and rarity rather than quantity.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
I´m 37, a mother of 6 children and a wife of a husband that collects anything (empty biscuit boxes, old shoes and 80s music)
I love Art. Fortunately I do not need to buy it - I did paint for a coupple of years during some frantic time in my life. I´m also a member of Goodreads. I write, sing, bake and whine about politics sometimes and recently I picked up my old childhood collecting of coins.
Coins fascinate me, as they are small pieces of Art and they teach me history better than any school did.
I'm suprised you have time to do anything with 6 sprogs ! My mother has her hands full with just me ! Good job my brother's no problem at all... Lol !
Quote: Mark240590I'm suprised you have time to do anything with 6 sprogs ! My mother has her hands full with just me ! Good job my brother's no problem at all... Lol !

Yes, sometimes it´s a little bit busy around here  :O  but when the kids are away in school and kindergarten, then it´s just me and a toddler, and I get an opportunity to look at my coins.

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 07:28 pm.