Break and repair coins or leave as is?

7 posts • viewed 264 times
I have a small belt made from some nice coins, I’m not sure what to do with it, can anyone advise me on best action please.
coins dating from Elizabeth I to Victoria, coins from crown to threepences.
I wouldn't touch them, if they have a value it is only historical and in silver weight.
Agree.
no easy task to repair ex-jewelry , and then not really desirable coins, even old and (otherwise) valuable pieces.
Jamais l'or n'a perdu la plus petite occasion de se montrer stupide. -Balzac
Thanks guys, I thought that was the case, real shame someone messed up so many nice coins.
Quote: "Jedifelix"​Thanks guys, I thought that was the case, real shame someone messed up so many nice coins.
​Unfortunately what's done is done. There are ladies out there that would probably pay 10x melt just for the fashion statement.
Quote: "harryg"
Quote: "Jedifelix"​Thanks guys, I thought that was the case, real shame someone messed up so many nice coins.
​​Unfortunately what's done is done. There are ladies out there that would probably pay 10x melt just for the fashion statement.
100x
​I estimate 400 grams or say 12 oz fine, spot price $26,jewelry store 50 less 50, junk value $78.

amazing piece of historic silver jewelry starting bid on (advertiser) $7800.
Jamais l'or n'a perdu la plus petite occasion de se montrer stupide. -Balzac
Quote: "Mr. Midnight"​100x
​​I estimate 400 grams or say 12 oz fine, spot price $26,jewelry store 50 less 50, junk value $78.

12 oz fine is about 260 €​.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 08:20.