Additions to your collection - January 2021

107 posts • viewed 2256 times

» Quick access to the last post

Welcome to 2021, a new year ripe for showing coin acquisitions.

Let me start the ball rolling with a mixture here

1906 UK Halfcrown - VF (An upgrade on a VG example I have for that year)

1901 UK Penny - EF with some lustre (Another upgrade from a VG coin)

1959 Australian Florin VF? A spacefiller that cost me little more than melt value

NZ Large dollar 1970, the Scarce "Cook Islands" coin

Lets see yours!
I love coins
Got some Great medals from the battle of Trafalgar

If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
some hungrian medals, and a nice silver 1 forint

After a terrific exchange with a collector in the USA, I acquired the following coins

All are from Hutt River Province with a face value of $5
Series:- Fathers of Baseball

All coins, where necessary, have been added to the Numista database, and others have has a photograph added.

This is a great start to 2021
I'm just a collector of coins, not a slave to it, unless I am in a coin shop.
For all you banknote collectors. Link to my swap list.
https://colnect.com/en/banknotes/list/swap_list/COINMAN1

Egalement sur Colnect pour les billets, sur billets-touristiques.com et sur passion-jetons-touristiques.com

Just a very large silver proof 8 shillings
Received two lovely Belgian royal couples today:

The Latest Old English Silver 1631-2 Charles I 1/2 Crown mm and a Nice QEI 1591-95 Shilling mm Tun

Charles I Half Crown mm Rose Elizabeth I mm Tun
Hi mates! it is good to be back in "Additions to..." after a few months out.

By now, first one for this year:

I got also a few Indonesian coins (13) but I am not sure if in the end I will keep at least one of each:

Se queres ca muller che queira, ten diñeiro na carteira
Quote: "Ian P"
​The Latest Old English Silver 1631-2 Charles I 1/2 Crown mm and a Nice QEI 1591-95 Shilling mm Tun

Charles I Half Crown mm Rose Elizabeth I mm Tun
​Lovely pair!
I love coins
Some big medals, all of them one sided

now I have at least 50 coins, medals I have to add to the catalogue :)
Few letters arrived today but I didnt had time to open all of them. Some of the additions:

A Solid from Poland

A Spanish Civil War Peseta with an error that i have seen before in other coins

And an Hungarian 3 Krajcàr; I am asking for some help with this one here
Not museum pieces, but quite representative of what might have circulated in New France ─ at least the pieces dated to before 1759-1760.

₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€.
Quote: "Camerinvs"​Not museum pieces, but quite representative of what might have circulated in New France ─ at least the pieces dated to before 1759-1760.

​ What a lovely lot of old coins. Very nice.
Quote: "ZacUK"
What a lovely lot of old coins. Very nice.
Thanks Zac!

It will be much fun to sort that out.
₱o$₮ag€ $₮am₱$ a₹€ mo₹€ £€₲i₮ima₮€ a$ a ƒo₹m oƒ ¢u₹₹€nc¥ ₮ha₦ ₮h€ €₦₮i₹€ "¢oi₦" ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ oƒ ₦au₹u o₹ ₦iu€. ••• £€$ ₮im฿₹€$-₱o$₮€ $o₦₮ ₱£u$ £é₲i₮im€$ €₦ ₮a₦t qu'o฿j€₮$ mo₦é₮ai₹€$ qu€ £a ₱₹odu¢₮io₦ €₦₮iè₹€ d€ «mo₦₦ai€$» d€ ₦au₹u ou d€ ₦iu€.
Pesetas, Pesetas!! :8D

That French coin pile of yours Camerinvs looks amazing noticing a lot of Revolution stuff and some earlier 16 - 17th century copper ones there along with an obvious Napoleon III 5 or 10 centimes, a real sweep of history.

This British halfcrown mania continues for me, another star piece and top upgrade, so much for cutting down the amount of money spent on coins this year, but shiny 1912 halfcrowns and 1731 ones just don't grow on trees here.

1731 George II, Young Head - Year Quinto

1912 George V, 1st coinage sterling silver, AU/BU with edge ding , quite scarce as the 1911/13 halfcrowns had much lower mintages than the 1914/19 ones.
I love coins
With this letter (and what i already have in my collection), I think I got all the circulating conmemorative 25 Pesetas from around 90's

Quote: "Moneytane"​That French coin pile of yours Camerinvs looks amazing noticing a lot of Revolution stuff and some earlier 16 - 17th century copper ones there along with an obvious Napoleon III 5 or 10 centimes, a real sweep of history.

I will post updates when I receive it and go through it, though this might have to wait for several weeks.

Well, a very basic chronological sorting shouldn't take much time, so with some luck I'll be done before the end of the month and post some pictures in this thread...
I managed to order this yesterday! I can't wait for it to turn up :)

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces85089.html

That is the only purchase I have made for quite a while with a load of university deadlines upcoming, I have a Heidegger induced headache which I will be glad to see the end of next week!
Heidegger induced headache
Haven't heard of this before....what is it
Quote: "BluHawk"Heidegger induced headache
​Haven't heard of this before....what is it
​I think our friend is studying Philosophy.
Added my last additions to the Golden Horde collection to the Numista catalogue!(8
Dang of Shadi Beg Khan (Ordu mint)

Dang of Pulad Khan (Ordu mint)

Dang of Pulad Khan (Kaffa Jadidah mint)

Some more to follow.....
Medieval sets for swap:https://en.numista.com/forum/topic140941.html

My personal list of scammers from Numista: erniemix, yvain, CassTaylor
Italian states, County of Gorizia1 soldo 1769 G
First additions of 2021 8)

Libertad 1 Ounce 2020 Mexico:

A couple of 2€ commemorative coins:
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces220976.html
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces193396.html

2.5 escudos 1946 Portugal:
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces3710.html
Just won this
$2 from Solomon Islands (need the $5)
& a $2 P-171b* from New Zealand
& P-28a 10 Shilling from Malta
expecting the above plus a $10 from the US & a 5 Rand from South Africa sometime this month.
https://sites.google.com/view/notaphilycculture/collecting-banknotes
Quote: "Serial_Number_8"​Just won this
​$2 from Solomon Islands (need the $5)
​& a $2 P-171b* from New Zealand
​& P-28a 10 Shilling from Malta
​expecting the above plus a $10 from the US & a 5 Rand from South Africa sometime this month.
​Lovely note - low serial number
Quote: "BluHawk"
Quote: "Serial_Number_8"​Just won this
​​$2 from Solomon Islands (need the $5)
​​& a $2 P-171b* from New Zealand
​​& P-28a 10 Shilling from Malta
​​expecting the above plus a $10 from the US & a 5 Rand from South Africa sometime this month.
​​Lovely note - low serial number
​Thanks, yes #000225, while not very low still nice enough to sweeten the deal. Plus the Kiwi $5 is a replacement!
An 1856 florin in today's post.
Plus an 1887:

It replaces this one, which I see from the ticket I bought from Spink & Son for £8.00 (in February 1977):
Few more additions

I also found this holidays this coin in my parents house. I got it arround 2008-2010 as a payment in my grandmothers shop (instead of 1€ coin).

Quote: "Gothic Florin"​Plus an 1887:

​It replaces this one, which I see from the ticket I bought from Spink & Son for £8.00 (in February 1977):
​Love them all, I thought my VF 1856 was great, yours is like Choice UNC!

The coin you bought in Feb 1977! - Wow I was 9 months old back then!
I love coins
Quote: "Moneytane"
​The coin you bought in Feb 1977! - Wow I was 9 months old back then!
​Well I was only 13 years old at the time! On our rare visits to London, my father and I would do the rounds of Spink's, Seaby's... and occasionally the Coin Room at the British Museum.
Roughly 50 pounds in today's money not too bad.
Got 3 new royal golden wedding commemoratives:
1892 - 2 Kroner - Golden Wedding of King Christian IX. of Danmark

1892 - Medal - Golden Wedding of Duke Ernst of Sachsen-Coburg (Brother of Queen Victorias husband Albert btw)

1907 - 2 Kronor - Golden Wedding of King Oscar II. of Sweden

Also got this nice Romanian 40 years reign commemorative medal of King Carol I. from 1906
Some extra additions before starting work

By now, I am asking some help with this one here:
Some of my latest additions can be seen here;

http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/BCNumismatics .

Among them are these 2 coins;

So happy to finally get these.

Aidan.
Some really attractive & rare looking coins posted this month. Congrats! I don't even collect coins (nor medals) but they're suddenly looking quite appealing. 8)
Quote: "BCNumismatics"​Some of my latest additions can be seen here;

http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/BCNumismatics .

​Among them are these 2 coins;

​So happy to finally get these.

​Aidan.
​I find the 3 pence interesting. From what I have seen, always thought 3 as a denomination is commonly seen in Communist countries and allies. Russia, Mongolia.
India during the cold war somehow sided with Russia and we had a 3 paise coin - unusual shape aluminium.
This reinforced my belief stated earlier. Impressed with the 3p NZ coin - and my hypothesis goes bustB.
3 pence was a common denomination in the Sterling days of the British empire and afterwards.

Great Britain and its Empire/Commonwealth mostly used the sterling system of £1 = 20 shillings = 240 pennies. There were exceptions like the Rupee in Asia, Dollars in Hong Kong and south east Asian colonies and the Caribbean along with the Lira and Piastres in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern colonies, and finally the decimal shilling. All of the places using sterling, had abandoned it by 1973 (Nigeria and Malta were the last).

Each shilling was 12 pence, so a threepence was one quarter of a shilling and its double the sixpence was a half shilling.

Hope this helps.
I love coins
Ahoj
I really can't blame you, but I have to share the joy and excitement, half an hour ago, the son returned from work at night, his friend brought him a gift he ordered for me on the way to the gas station. My sons think of me and make me happy-So I thought about their upbringing
( ha,ha)
I'm sure it will please in the morning and I unpacked the photochamber:
CZK 20 MODEL 2018 and CZK 20 MODEL 2019 Important personalities of the Czechoslovak state and important personalities of the Czechoslovak currency
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces152057.html

Ahoj Ivan
New letter, new coins. Something from here and there

8 coins from Latin America

In another post, I commented on the Bank of Canada's change in legal tender status for $1 & $2 (& $1000) banknotes.

Another forum a member has been taking advantage of this fact & visiting his local bank branches. He's been asking to buy back old returned currency & had some amazing success stories.

My first reaction was that this guy must be well connected or a celebrity. I've schmoozed with many of the tellers at my branches & they would rarely entertain selling me their returned notes. But staff does change so I thought I would give it another try. I was pretty shocked when the nice man said he had some but that they were in pretty bad shape (he was correct- they were all in pretty poor condition). However, I was pleasantly surprised to snag this Two Dollar Devil's Face.

So if you live in Canada (or another country & know your central bank is removing legal tender status) it might pay to check into some of your local bank branches and ask for their old returned notes. Who knows? You may get lucky! Remember, if you don't want the old bills be sure to return them to a different branch, be friendly & smile your face off! :D
some Austro-Hungarian Corona, nothing special, melt value, but three different KM#s
Jamais l'or n'a perdu la plus petite occasion de se montrer stupide. -Balzac
Quote: "Moneytane"​3 pence was a common denomination in the Sterling days of the British empire and afterwards.

​Great Britain and its Empire/Commonwealth mostly used the sterling system of £1 = 20 shillings = 240 pennies. There were exceptions like the Rupee in Asia, Dollars in Hong Kong and south east Asian colonies and the Caribbean along with the Lira and Piastres in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern colonies, and finally the decimal shilling. All of the places using sterling, had abandoned it by 1973 (Nigeria and Malta were the last).

​Each shilling was 12 pence, so a threepence was one quarter of a shilling and its double the sixpence was a half shilling.

​Hope this helps.

​Interesting
Nice story Moneytane. Sterling was everywhere in those days.

As far as I know these were the Empire's exchange rates:

Canadian and West Indies Dollar = 4 Shillings 2 Pence (or 50 Pence)
Indian Rupee = 2 Shillings until 1873, 16 Pence after silver prices dropped.
60 Hong Kong or Straits Dollars = £7
9 Cyprus Piastres = 1 Shilling (Piastre was an Ottoman Kuruş)
20 East African Shillings = £1. This Shilling replaced the Indian Rupee when it was still 2 Shillings and did not follow aforementioned devaluation
Hello all,

I have done a preliminary sorting of the lot posted above.

The photos are on the French site. It is already much fun to identify and catalogue these coins. This is the best way to learn about coinages you don't know much about.
Joinken - Yes, that decimal shilling was introduced in 1920 something in East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania) and also used in Zanzibar, replacing the rupee. This was a decimalised rupee used in Ceylon, Mauritius and Seychelles since the 1870s. It was 100 cents to the Rupee and in East Africa it became 100 cents = 1 shilling, but with the caveat 20 shillings still equalled a pound by 1935.

The coin was florin sized but became just 50% silver in 1920 and the East African shilling was only 20%! silver by 1926, in 1948 it was nickel and had been shrunk in size. After independence the Swahili countries kept the shilling and cents (Senti, Shilingi) but inflation means we talk about 100s of shillings now.

I bought another accumulation off my coin ladies and sorted, the usual they give me (Nickel and steel mostly)

Sorted into country piles!

Nice pile of old Luxembourg - I was amazed to see its very similar to old Belgian coins.

Big pile of US, a nice mix none of it after 1990, lots of 1970s and 1980s AU/UNC

Lots of early Malaysia and Brunei (Not really worth anything I know) and middle period Singapore, but nearly all 1980s dates! The one 1990s coin is visible in the photo.

1970s and early 1980s South Africa

Nothing of any value but an interesting lot for $40 (About 450 coins in total)
I love coins
Finally from my German friend.

Two more of those climate coins.

Temperate, A (Berlin) and Subtropical, G (Karlsruhe)

Temperate and Subtropical, I have 9 of them now.
It seems they were minted at 5 different mints in Germany
and each mint had a different shade of colour!

I have 3 each of the Temperate and Subtropical (2018 and 2019)
2 of the Subpolar (2020)
1 of the Tropical (2017) a scarce coin now!
I love coins
South African coins are not very popular with collectors here in New Zealand, which is a real shame.

Perhaps, South Africa's former association with apartheid has contributed to this.

Despite this, the coins of South Africa dated between 1961 & 1993 are of interest to me, even though South Africa was outside the British Commonwealth until 1 June 1994.

Aidan.
All the better for me. I have picked many South African coins and stamps cheap.

$10, but bought when silver was cheaper.
I love coins
Quote: "Moneytane"​All the better for me. I have picked many South African coins and stamps cheap.

​$10, but bought when silver was cheaper.

The same reverse design is used on this coin;

Coert Steynberg's pronking Springbok design is one of the most attractive of all British Commonwealth coin designs.

Aidan.
I got three new Canadian notes this month, all of the rare Macklem/Carney signature type. These were some of the last paper notes printed before the switch to polymer (the $50 note is from the last prefix printed).

Both the $5 and $50 notes are uncirculated (with the five being my first graded note, a BCS graded Choice UNC 63). Did I pay more than I should have? Yes. Am I still very happy with them? Also yes. I got lucky with the twenty, which I found at the bottom of a drawer I hadn't gone through in years (it pays to clean!). I got it long before I started collecting, so I guess I could technically call it a new addition. I'm really happy with the graded note, and I'd definitely consider getting more in the future.
"Be kind, rewind."

Numista referee for banknotes from Greece, Crete & the Ionian Islands.
Quote: "jokinen"​8 coins from Latin America

​Nice!
Quote: "BCNumismatics"
Quote: "Moneytane"​All the better for me. I have picked many South African coins and stamps cheap.
​​
​​
​​$10, but bought when silver was cheaper.
​​

​The same reverse design is used on this coin;

​Coert Steynberg's pronking Springbok design is one of the most attractive of all British Commonwealth coin designs.

​Aidan.
​I agree and that coin also recycles the portrait of Paul Kruger from the 1890s South African Republic coinage.

Politics used to determine my collecting focus, but I have moved beyond that now, South Africa has a history of beautiful coins and the disfavour of them means any serious collector can pick up nice examples fairly cheaply.

I was happy with the 1970s/80s stuff as it was 4 of the 50cents and 1 of the Rands, usually its 1c to 20c and the larger coins are absent in many of my lots. Just like with Union of SA silver, lots of tickeys and tanners, but very few florins or halfcrowns.
I love coins
A lot of the Union of South Africa's coin series has very low mintages - especially the 1931 3 Pence & the 1959 5 Shillings.

I have found a lot of the 1965 - 1990 coin series to be a pretty easy series to collect - except for the small 1/2 Cent coins & the silver 1 Rand coins dated 1970 to 1990.

Aidan.
​Nice pile of old Luxembourg - I was amazed to see its very similar to old Belgian coins.

​Moneytane, you'll find the coinage is not just similar, but identical (starting from the seventies till euro-changeover in 2002) and also minted in Brussels! After WW2 we had a custom and monetary union, and thus consider ourselves as the forefathers of the bigger European Union ;)
I remember finding quite a few Luxemburg coins circulating here in Antwerp alongside our Belgian ones, just like nowadays we find coins from all over the Eurozone, which makes even better hunting B)
Just call me Bram

Oh! And do read my profile page before you open a swap ...
Quote: "Moneytane"​Nice pile of old Luxembourg - I was amazed to see its very similar to old Belgian coins.

​That's not so surprising if you know Belgium and Luxembourg had a monetary union since 22 December 1922 and the Belgian franc and Luxembourg franc were set at a fixed parity, which existed until the introduction of the euro. One central bank (the Belgian National Bank) was responsible for the monetary policy of both countries.
Got this nice new medal:
Spanish medal from the reign of Queen Isabel II. which celebrates the Spanish victory in the Spanish-Moroccan war from 1859:
Quote: "alfonz"​Got this nice new medal:
​Spanish medal from the reign of Queen Isabel II. which celebrates the Spanish victory in the Spanish-Moroccan war from 1859:
​Nice!
Yes, a lovely medal.
I agree and its a big joy to add such awesome pieces to the collection. Only problem is that I will have to translate the text on the reverse one day 8~. Just worked through all my french medals and tokens (ok most of them where inscribed in Latin) but google translator definitely is no big help there xD
It is the last medal on here, and has the lettering written out (and translated) ...
https://www.coinsofisabel2.com/medals-of-isabel-ii.html
Namely >

QUE SE TASEN Y VENDAN TODAS MIS JOYAS, SI ES NECESARIO AL LOGRO DE TAN SANTA EMPRESA
QUE SE DISPONGA SIN REPARO DE MI PATRIMONIO PARTICULAR PARA EL BIEN Y LA GLORIA DE MIS HIJOS;
DISMINUIRÉ MI FAUSTO; UNA HUMILDE CINTA BRILLARA EN MI CUELLO MEJOR QUE HILOS DE BRILLANTES,
SI ESTOS PUEDEN SERVIR PARA DEFENDER Y LEVANTAR LA FAMA DE NUESTRA ESPAÑA
21 OCTUBRE 1859 / MASSONNET. ED. / GUERRA DE AFRICA CONTRA MARRUECOS

I would price and sell all my jewels if necessary to achieve our holy quest and arrange that without
remedy from my own heritage for the good and glory of my children; my splendor diminished,
a humble cord would shine on my neck more brightly than strings of diamonds if it
may serve to defend and lift the fame of our Spain.
"I got three new Canadian notes this month, all of the rare Macklem/Carney signature type. These were some of the last paper notes printed before the switch to polymer (the $50 note is from the last prefix printed)."

Nice notes "DoubleEggbert56"
The HAF prefix graded by BCS as UNC63 "Original" is a lovely $5 note. I got a few 2011 $5 myself and but the majority have some kind of printing flaw so I'd doubt they'd score a 63 even though they're mostly UNC (& as you probably know -Steven Bell is a tough/conservative grader).

Although the BOC lists the HAF-HAK as full runs, the data from the CPMF SNDB suggests otherwise (with only 209 notes reported). Typical full runs from the year before (2010) usually had around 3000 entries per prefix. I don't feel that the Charlton catalogue (or the pricing panel) has caught up to this fact.

The AUZ $20 is a full run (10M) but the AHR $50 is the last (short 6.2M) prefix so that's a nice one to have.
I totally agree, that Spanish medal is amazing. The inscription is just wow!

It is also interesting how much Queen Isabella looks like Queen Victoria - same hairdo and all - many people could get confused and then realise its in Spanish not English.
I love coins
Thanks Zac! Google seems to hide such useful pages from me sometimes.
@Moneytane I guess Victoria might have had influence on the hairstyle for royal woman of the time.
​ I just put four words in the search - Medal and the first three words of inscription.
​Yes, similar to Victoria - the nearest I have is this medal I got a few years ago ...

Managed to visit an exchange house near my office this morning and got a few foreign notes: Mexico 50 pesos, Chile 1000 pesos, Peru 10 and 20 soles, South Africa 10 and 20 rands and the jewel of the day, an incredible Canada 5 dollars with an astronaut on reverse (in AU condition!).
Arrived today these beauties 8). I've also reached the 900 coins mark and 60 different countries with my first coin from India.

Enjoy!

25 Escudos 1985

1000 Escudos silver 1992

5 Escudos silver 1947

1 Rupia silver 1935

50 Francs silver 1976- my biggest coin currently

200 Escudos 1997

200 Escudos 1995

A few more coins and paper money I leave here for consultation:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces10617.html
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces6890.html
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces6500.html
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/note206015.html
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/note202803.html
Staying focused on my goal of 250 Countries pre-1962 (where applicable) circulating. 1st Year type, otherwise........

Technically not a 1st year type but, this will fill until I see a 1966 100 Francs (ugh, silver)
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces3018.html

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces18696.html

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces38031.html

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.  It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so.  Mark Twain
Peter,
The Maldivian 2 Laari & the New Hebrides 20 Francs are great spacefillers in your British Commonwealth collection.

Keep them coming please!

Aidan.
silver, silver, and more silver
France,

Tunisia,

Cuba
Not many additions in the last few months; but I got these three recently ...

'Copper Conder token George III & Charlotte Man-of-war D&H Middlesex No. 945a'

'Germany museum token circa 1972'

'Alexander the Great - German states token - 1783 – 1833'

[ALEX MAG // RECH.PFEN. / L L] [Lady holding bow walking dog]

The first two I got from the same seller, so saving postage.
The third I got as it is similar to another I already have ...
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces166427.html
some Swiss rappen,

and some Swedish copper ore, I have never been interested in Sweden, now i am starting -
I finally got my first coin denominated higher than 2 Euros - 2007 10 Euros from Ireland;

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces13605.html .

It is the first one from Ireland I have seen turn up over here in New Zealand.

Photos will be uploaded to http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/BCNumismatics very soon.

Aidan.
My German friend on CCF sent me some more Climate 5 Euro coins in exchange for Kiwi change coins.

These are the Subtropical coins of 2018 with A and D mints. It seems each mint had a slightly different colour shade in the polymer rings!

I now have all the subtropicals (5 from 5!)

3 of the Temperates (2019)

2 Subpolars (2020) and 1 of the Tropical (2017), these are scarce and he had to buy them off Ebay so my chances of getting all 5 Tropicals are low. The 2016 Purple Planet Earth is even more rare.

Here is all of them he has sent me (11/20) and this year 2021 will be the final coin, the Polar Zone.
I love coins
I just won this - I guess it is a fantasy piece even though it is the same shape as a UK 50 Pence ...

two new hungarian denars. The first is from V. László, ÉH#522, not a common piece. The other one is from Károly Róbert, ÉH#394, with * mintmark.

"A few more coins and paper money I leave here for consultation:"
Congrats on your 900th coin "guga.lamy" I also like the 50 Escudos note you posted.

Here's a few Portuguese banknotes that I ordered last year & just came in:
P-173 20 Escudos:

P-176 20 Escudos:

P-180 500 Escudos:

P-181 1000 Escudos:
Quote: "Serial_Number_8"​"A few more coins and paper money I leave here for consultation:"
​Congrats on your 900th coin "guga.lamy" I also like the 50 Escudos note you posted.

​Here's a few Portuguese banknotes that I ordered last year & just came in:
P-173 20 Escudos:

​P-176 20 Escudos:

​P-180 500 Escudos:

P-181 1000 Escudos:

​Thanks, Obrigado ! ;)

My first German East Africa! I’m still in South Africa, so better pictures soon...
Quote: "GoldenGarfield"
​My first German East Africa! I’m still in South Africa, so better pictures soon...
​nice silver munt.
Quote: "ZacUK"​ I just won this - I guess it is a fantasy piece even though it is the same shape as a UK 50 Pence ...

​I love it!!!

Is it from the same people who made the Facepalm Queen Brexit coin?

Meanwhile after 3 weeks of nothing, a new coin lot

104 mixed Australian Sixpences and Threepences for not much above melt.
I love coins
Didn't share it here....

Golden Horde Yarmak (or barikat, more correctly) of Mangu Timur, Qrim mint, 665 AH. Overstruck on [most probably] Yarmak of Tuqa-Timur
Medieval sets for swap:https://en.numista.com/forum/topic140941.html

My personal list of scammers from Numista: erniemix, yvain, CassTaylor
Two nice silvers, and a CuNi commemorative coin.

​Is it from the same people who made the Facepalm Queen Brexit coin?
When I won it (in auction, not buy-it-now) I assumed it was from a person,
though when it arrived there was this leaflet with it ...

which I took these night-time (excuse the flash) pictures of just now; closer of one side ...

Can not see on there the coin you referred to.
My second slabbed coin from NGC. I'm not a big fan of the TPG's but, on this purchase I felt it was warranted due to my lack of experience.

USA Hard Times Token (1837), HT#294. AU58.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.  It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so.  Mark Twain
:) Nice token.
Been so busy so haven’t had much time for coins this month - just the one purchase but I’m very pleased!

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces85089.html

Quote: "Peter M. Graham"​My second slabbed coin from NGC. I'm not a big fan of the TPG's but, on this purchase I felt it was warranted due to my lack of experience.

​USA Hard Times Token (1837), HT#294. AU58.

​This the nicest Hard Times token I've seen.
Nice Peter!
the newest hungarian coins, in silver and normal version. I didn’t bought the gold version because that is too expensive for me at the moment (about 3400euro)

about the silver coin: the first one in .999 purity, and the first 15000forint denomination

I am collecting all of Scandinavia now. Today I got this lot of Denmark, Iceland and Sweden.

This 5 ore is probobly the nicest one.

and some nice small bits.

I love the leaping porpoise on the Christian IX coinage.

another pickup for the month!
Just now won these three, from a German seller ...

'Frankreich, Ludwig XIIII., XVI. 3 verschiedene Jetons, Rechenpfennige, Token'

I got it mainly for the token on top right, as I already have two tokens like
that, with a lady walking a dog.
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces166427.html
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces268911.html

Individual pictures of each ...

Jeton Louis 14th [LVD XIIII D G F ET NAV REX // ARMIS TVTAE LEGES]
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces31750.html

Jeton Louis 16th [LVD XVI D G FR ET NAV // E L S LAUER / DIANA]

Jeton Louis 16th [LUD XVI D G FR NA REX // DIGNISSIMO / IETTON]
Some 20th century, mostly, Swedish silver.
Quote: "Mr. Midnight"​I am collecting all of Scandinavia now. Today I got this lot of Denmark, Iceland and Sweden.

​This 5 ore is probobly the nicest one.

​and some nice small bits.

​I love the leaping porpoise on the Christian IX coinage.

​Beautiful I love Danish and Swedish coins, I don't have anything that nice, but I do a have a worn krone of Christian IX from 1876 with the Porpoises. I also collect the stamps and believe me they are just as nice!

1912 5 kroner - Copenhagen Post office.
I love coins
Just bought this nice Victoria penny. I'm pretty new in numismatics, so I'm not sure how to grade it.
What do you think guys?

It looks like it was cleaned with something harsh.
Quote: "makarije"​Just bought this nice Victoria penny. I'm pretty new in numismatics, so I'm not sure how to grade it.
​What do you think guys?

​It looks like it was cleaned with something harsh.
I’m almost as new as you are so please take my opinion with a grain of salt but I would say mid to high VF (ignoring the cleaning.) You can see some wear on Queen Victoria’s cheek and on Britannia’s chest, face and right leg. I’ll agree that it’s been cleaned very harshly, but otherwise not a bad coin!
Quote: "makarije"​Just bought this nice Victoria penny. I'm pretty new in numismatics, so I'm not sure how to grade it.
​What do you think guys?

​It looks like it was cleaned with something harsh.
​Not bad at all, a great companion to the half crowns and florins. I would say cleaned historically as the colour has returned. Conditionwiase GG is being a bit generous I would say aVF as Victoria has a lot fo wear and her face is quite flat. The other side is almost VF.
I love coins

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 14:33.