Japanese Puppet states but Chinese but not [solved]

4 posts • viewed 113 times
I am trying to sort my world coin collection and then there is japanese puppet states under china in the search
but some of these such as manchoukuo/manchuria are listed on the website as being under control of china or something like that but should say they are japans or something.

I am pretty confused about this and how japan could presumably have made a whole puppet state in china and mongolia.

If y'all could clear this up it would definitely make my day (assuming you could understand that)
-Joseph
I would like to swap with ya!
Manshū or Manchuria is a Japanese exonym for a region now containing parts of North Korea, north-east China and parts of inner Mongolia and we list it under China because it lies mostly on what is China and not the Japanese islands. Just because a country occupies a land doesn't make the money the occupiers money. In the case of the Japanese puppet states it was further strictly prohibited to import puppet state currency back to Japan.

"some of these such as manchoukuo/manchuria are listed on the website as being under control of china"
Numista › Coins › China › China - Japanese puppet states › Manchoukuo
Numista › Banknotes › China › China - Japanese puppet states › Manchoukuo

Could you give examples I couldn't see any, all I could see are under Japanese Puppet States?

"I am pretty confused about this and how japan could presumably have made a whole puppet state in china and mongolia."
War my friend simple as that, ask your local military they are doing it since 1945.
If you are interested how it may happen, you can start from a Wikipedia article
Medieval sets for swap:https://en.numista.com/forum/topic140941.html

My personal list of scammers from Numista: erniemix, yvain, CassTaylor
Thanks for the help, what I meant is that in the search that it was still under china but not directly.
-Joseph
I would like to swap with ya!
Status changed to Solved (JoeTheLucky, 15-Jan-2021, 20:26)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 02:16.