Numista Website Performance deterioration [solved]

19 posts • viewed 424 times

This message aims at: reporting a bug

Upvotes: 5
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

Hello all,

I am in Mumbai, India and I have seen a significant slow-down of the website.

Pages take significantly longer to load, updates to my coin collection is also slow.

Is this a known issue or it's just me?

I have used different Internet Service providers and the problem seems to persist.

I also tried with different devices.

Any solutions?

Regards,

Alok Balsekar
This has been going on for a few months now and it’s getting increasingly annoying. Xavier, please look into this with some priority.
They say "Pecunia non olet", but I know better...
The last 3 days, the site has become almost unusable. :(
Quote: "smvdbrink"​This has been going on for a few months now and it’s getting increasingly annoying. Xavier, please look into this with some priority.
​Yes, I don't know when exactly it started (but indeed at least a few months ago) because I thought it was just my old computer, but it's still the same now I'm using a brand new computer. Especially opening the pictures takes some time. But calling it "unusable" like gyoschak does is a bit exaggerated, it's not that bad but it is a bit annoying. But of course, I can only speak for myself.
Quote: "Essor Prof"​calling it "unusable" like gyoschak does is a bit exaggerated, it's not that bad but it is a bit annoying.
​Ok, so I retract my emotion/exaggeration from the statement, and offer factual data points:
✦ 102 seconds to load a swap page (when not complete failure "This site can't be reached")
✦ 262 seconds to load a scanned swap image

I leave it to the masses to determine if this is usable.
Note that it is not like this 100% of the time for me, I will guess that it is only 70-80% of the time.

Using Chrome v87
speed test 20.5 down/17.0 up
Quote: "gyoschak"​​✦ 102 seconds to load a swap page (when not complete failure "This site can't be reached")
​✦ 262 seconds to load a scanned swap image

​Note that it is not like this 100% of the time for me, I will guess that it is only 70-80% of the time.

​Using Chrome v87
​speed test 20.5 down/17.0 up
​Loading a swap page depends on how big it is. You'll probably have problems with mine or you certainly will in the future when there will be more than 100.000 coins on it. Loading big swap pages was always a problem, not only in the last months like the other slowing downs.
262 seconds to load a scanned swap image is indeed "unusable".

Also using Chrome v87 but speed test: 87.2 down/18.7 up

By the way, the slowing down started a few months ago but I don't have the impression it got worse the last days. But again, that's my impression.
Quote: "Essor Prof"Loading a swap page depends on how big it is. You'll probably have problems with mine or you certainly will in the future when there will be more than 100.000 coins on it. Loading big swap pages was always a problem, not only in the last months like the other slowing downs.

​I should have been more specific on this too. I’m not saying a 1,000 coin swap page, I’m saying a swap already in progress “under discussion” with well under 100 coins on it is taking 102 seconds. In my sole opinion, not very usable.
Status changed to Started (Xavier, 18-Jan-2021, 21:46)
Quote: "gyoschak"​​​I should have been more specific on this too. I’m not saying a 1,000 coin swap page, I’m saying a swap already in progress “under discussion” with well under 100 coins on it is taking 102 seconds. In my sole opinion, not very usable.
Okay, ​I thought you meant the swap pages where you still have to select the coins for the swap. Such pages can take quite some time when they are big. But opening an already started swap should be much quicker. I just tried a swap page with 140 coins and it took 6 seconds. So I'm afraid the problem is not on Numista but maybe your computer. Try to log in to another computer/laptop and see how long it takes then.
As for me I don‘t seem to see any longer loading times recently.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
I personally didn't notice any slowdowns but I also don't use any of the swapping features.
The only slowness I've been encountering (that bothered me at least) is opening images, both on the coinpages as in the forum. They tend to take around 5 sec to load ... no big inconvenience, but used to be immediately.

So numista still works almost perfectly for me, just a small inconvenience, so no complaining, just reporting :)
Just call me Bram

Oh! And do read my profile page before you open a swap ...
Hello,
Loading time is monitored and I can indeed see that response time has become unstable over the past couple of weeks. I started to take some actions, and more optimizations are still ongoing.
In better news, most of yesterday afternoon for me (>1800z) was very fast.
me: the internet is bogging down. I look at Numista alot - must be Numista fault
Numista - make the internet faster!
Jamais l'or n'a perdu la plus petite occasion de se montrer stupide. -Balzac
Trying to upload new notes to the site and the drop down box lists are freezing (with the window crashing multiple times) - effectively unusable unless one wants to try for over 30 minutes to do a 2 minute job
One cent
Much improved for me today.
Hello,
I made several optimizations over the past few days. As a result, some pages should be much faster (especially for swaps of for browsing big sections of the catalogue) and Numista load time is stable again.
Status changed to Solved (Xavier, 2-Feb-2021, 15:55)
Still a major issue on uploading new Notes, with the drop down box for selecting issuing authority etc. freezing and crashing out multiple times per individual note loaded
One cent
Onecent, could you please open a new topic for your issue? This is a different kind of performance issue.
Please describe exactly when the browser is freezing (on page load? when trying to select the issuer? to select the issuing authority?...) and which browser you are using.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 22:31.