EAD, or enslavement, a step forward

3 posts • viewed 138 times
As of January 1, 2021, new global requirement for EAD - electronic advance data - is in place. It requires that any parcel be accompanied with strict online filled form. The regulation exempts letter-mail up to cca 430 US$. Of course, overzealous USPS already started returning the letters to senders! Seems as if EU will follow.
It seems that some, on the top of capitalocracy pyramid have taken "1984" as an instruction manual, rather than as a warning!
The question is how do we proceed with our swaps, without having to share our coins with corrupted governments?
Welcome to the "brave, new world"!
Alas these developments ( I did wrote some articles on this before) make it almost impossible to swap regular circulating between countries.
The post costs are several times the value of the coins. Instead of swapping now I just buy (within the Netherlands through Marktplaats.nl) what I need to fill the gaps.
Strange enough I still can swap, relatively cheap and without restrictions, within my own country.

Despite everything I can look back to wonderful experiences with my Numista friends. Some of my swaps even lead to brand new friendships.
Cents are money too!
I have to say that Canada Post only cares for "non-paper" items. I know I'm taking chances but I typically label my international letters as "PHOTOS | DO NOT BEND" :°. Since photos are assumed to be made of paper they don't question - although they could be mounted in hard cardboard and/or metal. That would also explain the cardboard I put to prevent the "photos" from being damaged :D
Mind you I've very seldom swap more than $50 in value so the risk is manageable.
My 2 cents...
Coin enthusiast, always learning
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 24-Apr-2021, 04:37)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 15:19.