Trying to collect $ 1 coins from around the world

105 posts • viewed 2409 times

» Quick access to the last post

Hey! I hope you are all well!
I am trying to collect coins from around the world (current countries, face value $ 1). Currently 153 countries, it will not be easy, but I like challenge. So I'm posting pictures of my progress below :) I hope you like it! [Photos updated in October 2022].

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page 7

Page 8

Page 9

Page 10

Page 11

Lucas Henrique Lima Verde
I assume you mean with denomination 1, since very few of those has the currency dollar. Very nice collection, though! :)
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Quote: "ngdawa"​I assume you mean with denomination 1, since very few of those has the currency dollar. Very nice collection, though! :)
​Yeah, you're right haha...
I didn't know the best way to say...
But thank you 😁
wow very impressive, im also trying to put together a set with 1 cent type coins from around the world
Quote: "lhlimaverde"
Quote: "ngdawa"​I assume you mean with denomination 1, since very few of those has the currency dollar. Very nice collection, though! :)
​​Yeah, you're right haha...
​I didn't know the best way to say...
​But thank you 😁
​I like the album & especially the flips with the Name of country & flag.
https://sites.google.com/view/notaphilycculture/collecting-banknotes
Quote: "Serial_Number_8"

​​​Yeah, you're right haha...
​​I didn't know the best way to say...
​​But thank you 😁
​​I like the album & especially the flips with the Name of country & flag.
​Good to know! I'm glad that you liked!
About the labels, I've done by myself, using countries ISO codes, alpha-3 and flags icons :)
Then I went out to print on vinyl, self-adhesive
"About the labels, I've done by myself, using countries ISO codes, alpha-3 and flags icons :)
Then I went out to print on vinyl, self-adhesive
"

-Well done "lhlimaverde!"
https://sites.google.com/view/notaphilycculture/collecting-banknotes
I can't see if you have

$1 Fiji
1 Pa'anga Tonga
$1 Tala, Samoa
$1 Cook Islands

Do you need these coins?
I love coins
Hey @Moneytane, I've $1 Fiji. But I don't have Tonga, Samoa and Cook Islands.
Any help is welcome, I appreciate your willingness.
You can send me a message, if you want :)
Thank you.
Your Australian dollar is a commemorative one from 1986.

You really need to get a MOR (Mob of Roos) Aussie Dollar coin with the 5 Kangaroos on it.

PM me your address and I will see what i can do to help you.

Regards Mike
Referee for Australia & New Zealand Coins & Exonumia, Papua New Guinea & Cocos & Keeling Islands Coins & Australian Banknotes. I Collect > Australia, UK & Dependancies, NZ Sets, USA & Euros plus Misc Exonumia.
The Solomon Islands has a 1 Dollar coin in circulation.

Aidan.
Quote: "BCNumismatics"​The Solomon Islands has a 1 Dollar coin in circulation.

​Aidan.
​Isn't the coin that is in last line of page 3, with SLB code?
Or is it another?
Collection Update: With these 3 new ones that I received today, now I'm counting 125 countries!

Quote: "lhlimaverde"Collection Update: With these 3 new ones that I received today, now I'm counting 125 countries!

​Congrats, mate! All though, Mauritania have changed their flag and added a red stripe on top and bottom. ;)
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Quote: "lhlimaverde"Collection Update: With these 3 new ones that I received today, now I'm counting 125 countries!

You should upload photos of your coins up onto http://www.omnicoin.com , then you can showcase your collection in the form of an online photo gallery.

Aidan.
Quote: "ngdawa"
​​
​​
​​Congrats, mate! All though, Mauritania have changed their flag and added a red stripe on top and bottom. ;)
​Yeah, I think it's true, but the icon set that I used to print this is a squared flat one. So, I think that they did it on purpose, to keep squared :P
Quote: "ngdawa"​​​Congrats, mate! All though, Mauritania have changed their flag and added a red stripe on top and bottom. ;)
​​Yeah, I think it's true, but the icon set that I used to print this is a squared flat one. So, I think that they did it on purpose, to keep squared :P
​LOL, maybe. Well, you can just print this one and glue it over. ;) The flag was changed in 2017.
Update: I just received a gift from a Facebook friend, island of Malta.
Now I have one more country! Yay!

Quote: "lhlimaverde"Update: I just received a gift from a Facebook friend, island of Malta.
​Now I have one more country! Yay!

Very nice!

2019 1 Euro.

Aidan.
I sent Lucas a package on March 2 with 7 different Australasian and Pacific dollars in it.

Brismike glad you sent him a MOR as I only had a spare Anzac from 2014 and sent him that. He now has a nice shiny 2015 Kiwi dollar as well!
I love coins
Grande desafio você tem. Já é difícil conseguir um de cada país. Você adicionou mais uma dificuldade sendo só moeda de 1. Parabéns boa sorte.
Yeah, I have to say that I'm glad with all the support I'm receiving from this Community, @Moneytane and @Brismike, and sure, all the others here, that contribute in some way :)

@ColecionadorSp é verdade, inclusive eu vi o seu trabalho, não me recordo se aqui ou no Instagram, e também está de parabéns, ficou muito show
Collection Update:
I got some great news this Friday!
I received @Moneytane gifts, that arrived from New Zealand!
I got the Cook, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, NZ and Aussie dollars :D
Again, I need to say thank you to him, my Kiwi friend :)

I'm waiting the new coin holders arrive, because I'm missing some holders measures...
But then I will put everything in the album... I need to print again some labels too (AUS and NZ, as I have already used one), but I will take some time to do this, because it's the kind of thing we do at city centre, where is more crowded, and hospitals here are near full capacity!

But alright, everything will be OK! :)
Your welcome and I can't wait to see what they look like in your collection all jazzed up.

I love how you add the flags and everything - I knew those coins were going to a good home.

MT :)
I love coins
Quote: "lhlimaverde"Collection Update:
​I got some great news this Friday!
​I received @Moneytane gifts, that arrived from New Zealand!
​I got the Cook, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, NZ and Aussie dollars :D
​Again, I need to say thank you to him, my Kiwi friend :)

​I'm waiting the new coin holders arrive, because I'm missing some holders measures...
​But then I will put everything in the album... I need to print again some labels too (AUS and NZ, as I have already used one), but I will take some time to do this, because it's the kind of thing we do at city centre, where is more crowded, and hospitals here are near full capacity!

​But alright, everything will be OK! :)
Interesting coins to add to your Collection. Also you are very committed on getting coins with 1 (Dollar, Pound Dirham etc) in the world.👍
Hi to whoever is reading this. Did you know that TYPEWRITER (on a QWERTY keyboard) is the longest word you can type using only the letters on one row of the keyboard.
Quote: "Worldwide collection"
​​I got some great news this Friday!
​​I received @Moneytane gifts, that arrived from New Zealand!
​​I got the Cook, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, NZ and Aussie dollars :D
​​Again, I need to say thank you to him, my Kiwi friend :)
​​
​​
​​
​​I'm waiting the new coin holders arrive, because I'm missing some holders measures...
​​But then I will put everything in the album... I need to print again some labels too (AUS and NZ, as I have already used one), but I will take some time to do this, because it's the kind of thing we do at city centre, where is more crowded, and hospitals here are near full capacity!
​​
​​But alright, everything will be OK! :)
​Interesting coins to add to your Collection. Also you are very committed on getting coins with 1 (Dollar, Pound Dirham etc) in the world.👍
​Thanks! I'm trying to do my best. :)
And I have some great friends that are helping too... ^^

​​​I got some great news this Friday!
​​​I received @Moneytane gifts, that arrived from New Zealand!
​​​I got the Cook, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, NZ and Aussie dollars :D
​​​Again, I need to say thank you to him, my Kiwi friend :)
​​​
​​​
​​​
​​​I'm waiting the new coin holders arrive, because I'm missing some holders measures...
​​​But then I will put everything in the album... I need to print again some labels too (AUS and NZ, as I have already used one), but I will take some time to do this, because it's the kind of thing we do at city centre, where is more crowded, and hospitals here are near full capacity!
​​​
​​​But alright, everything will be OK! :)
​​Interesting coins to add to your Collection. Also you are very committed on getting coins with 1 (Dollar, Pound Dirham etc) in the world.👍
​​Thanks! I'm trying to do my best. :)
​And I have some great friends that are helping too... ^^
Btw a little off topic how is coin hunting in Brazil like? I love Latin American coins (even though they are hard to get here) because it reflects on my Heritage​. 🇲🇽
Hi to whoever is reading this. Did you know that TYPEWRITER (on a QWERTY keyboard) is the longest word you can type using only the letters on one row of the keyboard.

​​

​​​​I got some great news this Friday!
​​​​I received @Moneytane gifts, that arrived from New Zealand!
​​​​I got the Cook, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, NZ and Aussie dollars :D
​​​​Again, I need to say thank you to him, my Kiwi friend :)
​​​​
​​​​
​​​​
​​​​I'm waiting the new coin holders arrive, because I'm missing some holders measures...
​​​​But then I will put everything in the album... I need to print again some labels too (AUS and NZ, as I have already used one), but I will take some time to do this, because it's the kind of thing we do at city centre, where is more crowded, and hospitals here are near full capacity!
​​​​
​​​​But alright, everything will be OK! :)
​​​Interesting coins to add to your Collection. Also you are very committed on getting coins with 1 (Dollar, Pound Dirham etc) in the world.👍
​​​Thanks! I'm trying to do my best. :)
​​And I have some great friends that are helping too... ^^
​Btw a little off topic how is coin hunting in Brazil like? I love Latin American coins (even though they are hard to get here) because it reflects on my Heritage​. 🇲🇽
​I'm trying to pick some Brazilian specific coins to my Malta's friend,that he didn't have already.
I think that COVID made the things a lot worse, because half of the places that I went didn't even considerate help me, looking their coins.
I mean, supermarkets, gas stations and so on. Basically, I'm with difficulties to find coins ocasionally/random.
But if you want to buy things with numismatics, they are fine, without any additional problems

​​

​​​
​​

​​​​​I got some great news this Friday!
​​​​​I received @Moneytane gifts, that arrived from New Zealand!
​​​​​I got the Cook, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, NZ and Aussie dollars :D
​​​​​Again, I need to say thank you to him, my Kiwi friend :)
​​​​​
​​​​​
​​​​​
​​​​​I'm waiting the new coin holders arrive, because I'm missing some holders measures...
​​​​​But then I will put everything in the album... I need to print again some labels too (AUS and NZ, as I have already used one), but I will take some time to do this, because it's the kind of thing we do at city centre, where is more crowded, and hospitals here are near full capacity!
​​​​​
​​​​​But alright, everything will be OK! :)
​​​​Interesting coins to add to your Collection. Also you are very committed on getting coins with 1 (Dollar, Pound Dirham etc) in the world.👍
​​​​Thanks! I'm trying to do my best. :)
​​​And I have some great friends that are helping too... ^^
​​Btw a little off topic how is coin hunting in Brazil like? I love Latin American coins (even though they are hard to get here) because it reflects on my Heritage​. 🇲🇽
​​I'm trying to pick some Brazilian specific coins to my Malta's friend,that he didn't have already.
​I think that COVID made the things a lot worse, because half of the places that I went didn't even considerate help me, looking their coins.
​I mean, supermarkets, gas stations and so on. Basically, I'm with difficulties to find coins ocasionally/random.
​But if you want to buy things with numismatics, they are ok.
​I know with this going on I can’t get any recent issued coins from my bank but I resist buying them online but with what’s going on at the moment I think this has boosted my hobby and I’ve bought more world coin lots because of this.
Same theme for my collection: "1" coins.
At the moment around 305 countries and more than 2000 coins.
Still way to go...
Every single coin on the world should meet its collector!
Collection Update:
I received from an American friend my first 3 coins of the "American Innovation Dollars" serie :)
I love the innovation subject, as I'm a researcher of "Law and Innovation", so, I'm really glad and grateful!

​I received from an American friend my first 3 coins of the serie "American Innovation Dollars" :)
​I love the innovation subject, as I'm a researcher of "Law and Innovation", so, I'm really glad and grateful!

Beautiful coins. They haven’t made their way over to U.K. yet but I will wait until they do.​
Quote: "lhlimaverde"​​I received from an American friend my first 3 coins of the "American Innovation Dollars" serie :)​
​You have to tell your American friend not to put the tape directly on the coins. Wrapping them in aluminium foil, kitchen roll tissue or even toilet paper before taping will do the trick. It hardly increases weight or thickness, it only costs a little more effort.
Quote: "Essor Prof"
Quote: "lhlimaverde"​​I received from an American friend my first 3 coins of the "American Innovation Dollars" serie :)​
​​You have to tell your American friend not to put the tape directly on the coins. Wrapping them in aluminium foil, kitchen roll tissue or even toilet paper before taping will do the trick. It hardly increases weight or thickness, it only costs a little more effort.
​True, I removed the tape with Acetone on a cotton ball, that I passed gently.
The coins are doing well now xD
Essor Prof’s advice for that is good also you can use small food bags/coin bags that’s how I receive my coin lots from Ebay. Also you can ask him to package them in cheap folders/flips (Non-PVC) this is also how I receive coins from online as well as in bags.
Collection Update: I bought more 6 new countries, new additions:
Belarus, Bhutan, Malawi, Moldova, Trinidad and Tobago and Zimbabwe...
Now I'm counting 134 countries :)

Collection Update:
I received Angola and Denmark coins... 136 countries :D
Now, from Europe, I'm just missing Andorra, Ireland and Sweden, I think..

Collection Update:
Today I received more 3 ones... 139 countries :D
I got Democratic Republic of Congo, Latvia and Myanmar

​Today I received more 3 ones... 139 countries :D
​I got Democratic Republic of Congo, Latvia and Myanmar

​Some beauties there.:O
Collection Update:
Welcome Emperor Penguin, celebrating today the 140th country, Tuvalu!

I see you don't have Sweden. I canhelp you with that if you'd like.

Feel free to browse my swap list and see if you can find any other denoination 1 coins you're missing.
After a huge break time from additions, I got the 141th country: Ireland :))

So, I got two new countries (now counting 143rd in collection)...
Andorra and Cyprus now!
I still need to ask the right holder's measure to Cyprus coin, because it is huge!
It could be better if Brazilian Postal Service didn't steal my Andorra's Euro too, that was coming! :(
(I received my postcard with the coin missing :/)

Best Chrismas' present, my 144th country, Sweden! Very happy with that!

I got a lovely gift from a Spanish friend..
It is the same Andorra's Euro that I got stolen in the first shipment...
I am really happy now, another difficult Euro's face ^^

I also took the day to label my recent coins that didn't have label yet, as Cook Islands from @MoneyTane

So, I am glad that I received from my friend the Maltese Lira :)

Now I have the "before/after" from there (talking about the Euro's pattern)

Finally another update, welcome the 145th country, Somalia :D

So 145 down, how many more to go?
Maybe write here a list of those you are still wanting, in case members can help.
Quote: "ZacUK"​ So 145 down, how many more to go?
​Maybe write here a list of those you are still wanting, in case members can help.
​Azerbaijan, Benin, Burkina Faso, Bahamas, Bahrein, Brunei, Centro African Republic, Cotê de Ivory, Camaroon, Congo, Comoros, Dominica, Eritrea, Gabhon, Guinee Bissau, Equatorian Guine, Honduras, Haiti, Iraq, Cambodia, Kiribati, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Kuwait, Laos, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Saint Lucia, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Montenegro, Niger, Nauru, Oman, Palaw, Qattar, Sudan, Senegal, Sierra Leoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Suriname, Chad, Togo, East Timor, Saint Vicent and Granadines, Vietnam... List by head.. I might be forgetting one or another, but in principle that is it..

Some of them use CFA's coins, or East Caribbean Dollars, but I still don't have the coins from them, even to fill the $1 face value pattern (and others probably will never fit this).

My Numista profile/map is updated:

Thanks. Just had a look at my coins and I have none of those.
Otherwise would have sent you them for free. Good memory for all that list. 8)
Alphabetical >

​Azerbaijan
Bahamas
Bahrain
Benin
Brunei
Burkina Faso
Cambodia
Cameroon
Central African Republic
Chad
Comoro Islands
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Dominica
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Gabon
Guinea-Bissau
Haiti
Honduras
Iraq
Ivory Coast
Kiribati
Kuwait
Laos
Liberia
Libya
Liechtenstein
Mali
Marshall Islands
Mongolia
Montenegro
Nauru
Niger
Oman
Palau
Qatar
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
São Tomé and Príncipe
Senegal
Sierra Leone
Sudan
Suriname
Timor-Leste
Togo
Vietnam

Plus others maybe forgotten. Hope members can help. :)
My Commemorative/New Loonie arrived, replacing the oldie 1990 one... I will keep as a personal amulet, happy for this addition! 🥰🙌🏻

It isn't Pokémon but I reached 150 hahaha…

With addition of Kiribati, Liberia, São Tomé and Principe, Saint Vicent and Grenadines and Sudan

That Eastern Caribbean States coin also counts toward Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, and Saint Lucia.

Master Coin Referee
Coin referee for CRI, GTM, HND, NIC, PAN, and SLV.

Revisor principal de monedas
Revisor de Numista para monedas de CRI, GTM, HND, NIC, PAN y SLV.

Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦 and Free Palestine 🇵🇸!

True, indeed, I reserved more East Caribbean Dollar coins, to represent the other countries, one for each… but I just don't have enough ones :)

Unfortunately they don't have any difference from each other, comparing to Euro faces 

So, 151 countries now, with Mongolian Tugrik!

And I am slowly getting the Euro faces :)

More 2 Euro faces, with Austria and Portugal

ZacUKThanks. Just had a look at my coins and I have none of those. 
Alphabetical > 

​Azerbaijan 
Bahamas 
Bahrain 
Benin 
Brunei 
Burkina Faso 
Cambodia 
Cameroon 
Central African Republic 
Chad 
Comoro Islands 
Dominica 
Equatorial Guinea 
Eritrea 
Gabon 
Guinea-Bissau 
Haiti 
Honduras 
Iraq 
Ivory Coast 
Kiribati 
Kuwait 
Laos 
Liberia 
Libya 
Liechtenstein 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Mongolia 
Montenegro 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Palau 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Saint Lucia 
São Tomé and Príncipe 
Senegal 
Sierra Leone 
Sudan 
Suriname 
Timor-Leste 
Togo 
Vietnam 

Do you mind to update your list and add colums for 1/1000, 1/100, 1/10, 1 because it's good to know if you have for example the 1 oere from Denmark, but not the 1 krone, or the other way round. 1/1000 would be like in Oman 1000 baisa = 1 Rial. For China 10 fen = 1 jiao/ 10 jiao = 1 yuan.

Take care and enjoy your collection and the collecting going with it.

Globetrotter
Coin varieties in French:
https://monnaiesetvarietes.numista.com

Sjoelund

ZacUKThanks. Just had a look at my coins and I have none of those. 
Alphabetical > 

​Azerbaijan 
Bahamas 
Bahrain 
Benin 
Brunei 
Burkina Faso 
Cambodia 
Cameroon 
Central African Republic 
Chad 
Comoro Islands 
Dominica 
Equatorial Guinea 
Eritrea 
Gabon 
Guinea-Bissau 
Haiti 
Honduras 
Iraq 
Ivory Coast 
Kiribati 
Kuwait 
Laos 
Liberia 
Libya 
Liechtenstein 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Mongolia 
Montenegro 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Palau 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Saint Lucia 
São Tomé and Príncipe 
Senegal 
Sierra Leone 
Sudan 
Suriname 
Timor-Leste 
Togo 
Vietnam 

Do you mind to update your list and add colums for 1/1000, 1/100, 1/10, 1 because it's good to know if you have for example the 1 oere from Denmark, but not the 1 krone, or the other way round. 1/1000 would be like in Oman 1000 baisa = 1 Rial. For China 10 fen = 1 jiao/ 10 jiao = 1 yuan.

Take care and enjoy your collection and the collecting going with it.

Hey amigo, sorry answering late… I was busy lately, without time to my collection… So I will update my list for you, but at the moment I just collect the full unity of a currency, for example, the Yuan, and the Krone… I know that some currencies don't have the $1,00 in form of coins, so not sure what I will do about them :((

Here we go: 

​Azerbaijan 
Bahamas 
Bahrain 
Benin 
Brunei 
Burkina Faso 
Cambodia 
Cameroon 
Central African Republic 
Chad 
Comoro Islands 
Dominica 
Equatorial Guinea 
Eritrea 
Gabon 
Guinea-Bissau 
Honduras 
Iraq 
Ivory Coast 
Kuwait 
Laos 
Libya 
Liechtenstein 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Montenegro 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Palau 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Saint Lucia 
Senegal 
Sierra Leone 
Suriname 
Timor-Leste 
Togo 
Vietnam 

(Sidenote: I know that East Caribbean Dollar counts the same to Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, and Saint Lucia, as I already have Saint Vicent and Grenadines, but I want to pick one coin to each of them, as I would do if I had the CFA Francs).

Sidenote 2: A small update, already in the list above, because I received the Haiti coin (together with 2 replacements):

lhlimaverde

Hey! I hope you are all well!
I am trying to collect coins from around the world (current countries, face value $ 1). Currently 153 countries, it will not be easy, but I like challenge. So I'm posting pictures of my progress below :) I hope you like it! [Photos updated in October 2022].

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page 7

Page 8

Page 9

Page 10

Page 11

Hey folks! Short update:

I bought a new Leuchtturm album and I decided, to make more clear and fair, to update the photos of the first page/post.

They are now with the status of the collection in October 2022.

I have, atm, 153 countries (that time I was with 123)! Yay!

Thank you very much all the guys who contributed until now!

Small update of October 2022:

I got 2 West African Francs, that I labeled as Benin and Burkina Faso, and also the Finnish Euro…

So, now I am counting 155 countries ^^

Small update of 1st December

I got Iraq and Libyan coins, and also another East Caribbean Dollar that I labeled as Antigua y Barbuda, and also two Euro faces :)

Small update of February:

I got the Palau Dollar 😍

lhlimaverde

I got the Palau Dollar 😍

I really like the coin you chose for your profile picture! I bought that coin last year. I really like birds on coins

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel!
N-N Collectables
Every subscriber helps!

Want to send some coins that will be opened in a video?

N. N.
PO BOX 66
Dalby Qld 4405
Australia

NN.Ben

lhlimaverde

I got the Palau Dollar 😍

I really like the coin you chose for your profile picture! I bought that coin last year. I really like birds on coins

Yaaaay! I love that coin, I put the same coin in my album, to represent Brazil.

Is my fav of the entire Brazilian Real series, it has a lot of meaning for me…

I was born at the same year of the new currency, and this coin celebrates the 25 years of it…

So it was like celebrating my 25 bday too =P

And the humming bird, itself, has also a meaning of stability/prosperity for us

So yeah, I get you ^^

What is about Pitcairn?

In 1990s the most interesting was dollar with a ship, but if look at the auctions

https://www.delcampe.net/en_GB/collectables/coins-banknotes/coins/pitcairn-islands/ship-pitcairn-1-dollar-1790-1990-unc-mint-lustre-uncommon-low-start-no-reserve-1314752710.html

the tastes changed in 30 years and a ship in flames gets its popularity.

Alexander from Cyprus
http://eucoins.byethost9.com/
My suggestions https://t.me/enjoyyourcollection

cyprusalexander

What is about Pitcairn?

In 1990s the most interesting was dollar with a ship, but if look at the auctions

https://www.delcampe.net/en_GB/collectables/coins-banknotes/coins/pitcairn-islands/ship-pitcairn-1-dollar-1790-1990-unc-mint-lustre-uncommon-low-start-no-reserve-1314752710.html

That ship is most likely the HMS Bounty. If you are somehow unfamiliar with this ship, you can have a read here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Bounty

cyprusalexander

What is about Pitcairn?

At least for me, Pitcairn doesn't count in my collection.

It is a territory, it doesn't have sovereignty or even controversy about the status… But it is cool, sure

ngdawa

That ship is most likely the HMS Bounty. If you are somehow unfamiliar with this ship, you can have a read here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Bounty

of course it is that ship. Pitcairn had another issue  under the Crown, in the same way as the Canadian or Falklands territories.  And of course it does not matter how many people live at the territory, the fact of issue a coin immediately means recognition. That other issue was a year before this coin and depicted the ship under sails.  The issue with the ship in its beauty was the most popular in 1990s, though these days the popularity touches the ship in flames too, most probably for not so many types in coinage and the still budget version.

Alexander from Cyprus

June 2023 update:

I got the Liechtenstein Krona:

lhlimaverde

June 2023 update:

Nice! Congrats!

lhlimaverde

June 2023 update:

Nice coin! It is a very nice milestone for every collector getting a Liechtenstein coin. Not easy to find in a good price.

Turi

https://www.instagram.com/my_world_coins_collection

lhlimaverde

June 2023 update:

They had francs as well.

Alexander from Cyprus

cyprusalexander

lhlimaverde

June 2023 update:

They had francs as well.

Liechtenstein still has Swiss Francs as its currency - due to extreme economic instability in early 1920's Austria.

Aidan.

BCNumismatics

cyprusalexander

lhlimaverde

June 2023 update:

They had francs as well.

Liechtenstein still has Swiss Francs as its currency - due to extreme economic instability in early 1920's Austria.

Aidan.

It means in collection there should be franc of Switzerland, not of Liechtenstein.  Euro is officially circulated from Africa to America, but it is in catalogs in order of issuers not of territories. 

As for collection by territories Liechtenstein issued franc with the local leader (not a borrowing from another country) on the obverse. 

Alexander from Cyprus

Alexander,

Have a read here;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liechtenstein_franc .

Aidan.

Small August update:

I got the Montenegro Perper:

I can officially say that now, by my criteria, I completed Europe, the first continent I am done with.

I had also a serie of small updates, as I got Iraq, all the CEMAC Francs into a batch, updating the missing list now:

Here we go: 

​Azerbaijan 
Bahamas 
Bahrain 
Brunei 
Cambodia  
Comoro Islands 
Dominica 
Eritrea 
Guinea-Bissau 
Honduras 
Kuwait 
Laos 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Saint Lucia 
Senegal 
Sierra Leone 
Suriname 
Timor-Leste 
Vietnam 

(Sidenote: I know that East Caribbean Dollar counts the same to Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, and Saint Lucia, as I already have Saint Vicent and Grenadines, but I want to pick one coin to each of them, as I would do if I had the CFA Francs).

Another August update:

I got the Eritrean 1 Dollar:

Updating the missing list now, here we go: 

​Azerbaijan 
Bahamas 
Bahrain 
Brunei 
Cambodia  
Comoro Islands 
Dominica 
Guinea-Bissau 
Honduras 
Kuwait 
Laos 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Saint Lucia 
Senegal 
Sierra Leone 
Suriname 
Timor-Leste 
Vietnam 

Last August 2023 update:

I got the Bahamas Dollar! 🥰

​Azerbaijan 
Bahrain 
Brunei 
Cambodia  
Comoro Islands 
Dominica 
Guinea-Bissau 
Honduras 
Kuwait 
Laos 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Saint Lucia 
Senegal 
Sierra Leone 
Suriname 
Timor-Leste 
Vietnam 

Are you collecting 1 unit coins from recently extinct states (such as the Soviet Union or South Vietnam)?

Master Coin Referee

Some_Nerd

Are you collecting 1 unit coins from recently extinct states (such as the Soviet Union or South Vietnam)?

Hello! Thanks for the question…

It isn't into my plans, only actual countries (with sovereignty) or at least with controversial status too…

As I am close to the end of this collection, I might look into something new to pursue, but this is another conversation hahaha..

I will still have to figure out until there… 

I can just tell you with Bahrain in my recent thread, their Dinar is worth around $4.50 New Zealand dollars and is a unit of 1000 fils. Their current biggest coin is 100 Fils or 1/10 of the Dinar. They used to have a 500 Fils, but the coin showed a monument that became a sign of resistance to protestors against their regime and the coin was no longer issued after 2002. This leaves the 100 fils, which is a dollar like coin worth around 45 cents.

Old Bahrain coins with 500 fils and new set without it.

I love coins

Moneytane

I can just tell you with Bahrain in my recent thread, their Dinar is worth around $4.50 New Zealand dollars and is a unit of 1000 fils. Their current biggest coin is 100 Fils or 1/10 of the Dinar. They used to have a 500 Fils, but the coin showed a monument that became a sign of resistance to protestors against their regime and the coin was no longer issued after 2002. This leaves the 100 fils, which is a dollar like coin worth around 45 cents.

Old Bahrain coins with 500 fils and new set without it.

Hello amigo! Great to see you again here…

Well, last time I made a research, I discovered that the list of impossible countries (considering my pattern of $1) got reduced..

I guess the unique countries that don't mint this unity are Bahrein and Kuwait.

I saw that Qatar mint for FIFA WorldCup, Oman has as commemorative and I am confused about the status of “1 manat” from Azerbaijan, as it is from a Winter Game, I guess… Numista is listing as currency, I asked once someone there, and they described as souvenir, idk…

But at least I guess my final count will be someday at least 195 countries (instead of 197)

First September 2023 update:

I got 2 other Eastern Caribbean Dollars (for Dominica and Saint Lucia) and 1 West African Franc (For Guine-Bissau) 😊

Singapore would be a replacement but this bimetallic still didn't convince me hahaha…

​Azerbaijan 
Bahrain 
Brunei 
Cambodia  
Comoro Islands

Grenada 
Honduras 
Kuwait 
Laos

Madagascar 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Senegal 
Sierra Leone 
Suriname 
Timor-Leste 
Vietnam 

(Sidenote: I know that East Caribbean Dollar counts the same to Grenada, Saint Kitts and Nevis and others, but I want to pick one coin to each of them, as I am doing with all the CFA Francs).

2nd September 2023 update:

I got Vietnam Dong, Cambodia 1 Riel (FAO) and also Madagascar 1 Ariary (2004, got rid of the confusing Franc system)

​Azerbaijan 
Bahrain 
Brunei 
Comoro Islands

Grenada 
Honduras 
Kuwait 
Laos 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Senegal 
Sierra Leone 
Suriname 
Timor-Leste 
(Sidenote: I know that East Caribbean Dollar counts the same to Grenada, Saint Kitts and Nevis and others, but I want to pick one coin to each of them, as I am doing with all the CFA Francs).

Bro, you do a really good job on your coin cards, I can tell you have put a lot of time into this project, and it's going to be a very interesting centerpiece. Even people that are not interested in coins or geography would happily look through this album if it were sitting on a coffee table. You  are almost finished, well done!

Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins

redsmithstudios

Bro, you do a really good job on your coin cards, I can tell you have put a lot of time into this project, and it's going to be a very interesting centerpiece. Even people that are not interested in coins or geography would happily look through this album if it were sitting on a coffee table. You  are almost finished, well done!

Hey my friend, thank you for the compliments, really appreciated. 

Yeah that is true, I am already 10 years into this project hahaha, I wouldn't imagine reaching so far… 🙈

Nowadays I am optimistic that I can really complete (in my terms / criteria) the collection, something that I didn't think when I started… 🤗

November Update:

I got the 1 Franc for Comoros (1964) and 1 Laos Kipp, from a friend that picked those coins in Buenos Aires for me 🙏🏻

​Azerbaijan 
Bahrain 
Brunei 
Grenada 
Honduras 
Kuwait 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Senegal 
Sierra Leone 
Suriname 
Timor-Leste 

lhlimaverde

Mali 

Didn't read the entire thread, but what will you do with those countries that doesn't issue “1” coins? Like Mali

Geison

lhlimaverde

Mali 

Didn't read the entire thread, but what will you do with those countries that doesn't issue “1” coins? Like Mali

Actually Mali uses the CFA Franc (XOF) one that I already have, just need buy a repeated item.

But yeah, if any country doesn't really issue anything, like Bahrain, then it is out… hahaha

At least until any currency reform is taken or I change my mind. 

Time ago I researched again the countries that would really be impossible and I found just 2 or 3 (that don't issue even commemorative coin or currency)…

January 2024 update:

I got the Sierra Leone 1 Leone! 

I am slowly getting there!

​Azerbaijan 
Bahrain 
Brunei 
Grenada 
Honduras 
Kuwait 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Senegal 
Suriname 
Timor-Leste 

lhlimaverde

January 2024 update:

​Azerbaijan 
Bahrain 
Brunei 
Grenada 
Honduras 
Kuwait 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Senegal 
Suriname 
Timor-Leste 

Bom dia Senhor!

Just to let you know, some of those countries don't have a 1 of their unit as coin.

Bahrain - Dinar made up of 1000 Fils, biggest coin is 100Fils worth around 40c NZ - used to be a 500Fils, but this showed a monument which was the scene of some 2000s era protests and this Muslim sultanate decided to not issue the coin again.

Brunei - They issue $1 notes and have for ages, biggest coin is 50 cents, its tied into Singapore dollar as well as these are legal tender including Singapore $1 coins.

Honduras - Strange place that uses low value notes - not sure if the Lempira is a note or coin - but its worthless.

Kuwait - I think also uses a high value unti and coins up to 100/1000ths (Not sure)

Marshall Islands - Uses US$

Nauru - Uses Australian $

Oman - Another high face value Arabian unit (Rial I think) made up to 1000 Baisa and biggest coin may only be 50 Biasa, they have 100. 250 Baisa notes and then ½ and 1 Rial notes

Qatar - Ditto, a dinar made up of 100 Dirhams and 50 is biggest coins (See my steel wheels topic, in which I bought a bunch of modern steel coins from these places)

East Carribean dollars and CFA francs only have country codes on Notes, Coins are generic for them all.

Timor Leste - does have a single unit coin - but very rare.

I love coins

With the Numista filter you can find the coins of denomination “1” and as said above by Moneytane, some countries of your list unfortunelly do no thave that denomination.

E fica o convite se quiser conhecer nosso grupo do whatsapp onde falamos do Numista todos dias!

Regards

Geison

Moneytane

lhlimaverde

January 2024 update:

​Azerbaijan 
Bahrain 
Brunei 
Grenada 
Honduras 
Kuwait 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Senegal 
Suriname 
Timor-Leste 

Bom dia Senhor!

Just to let you know, some of those countries don't have a 1 of their unit as coin.

Bahrain - Dinar made up of 1000 Fils, biggest coin is 100Fils worth around 40c NZ - used to be a 500Fils, but this showed a monument which was the scene of some 2000s era protests and this Muslim sultanate decided to not issue the coin again.

Brunei - They issue $1 notes and have for ages, biggest coin is 50 cents, its tied into Singapore dollar as well as these are legal tender including Singapore $1 coins.

Honduras - Strange place that uses low value notes - not sure if the Lempira is a note or coin - but its worthless.

Kuwait - I think also uses a high value unti and coins up to 100/1000ths (Not sure)

Oman - Another high face value Arabian unit (Rial I think) made up to 1000 Baisa and biggest coin may only be 50 Biasa, they have 100. 250 Baisa notes and then ½ and 1 Rial notes

Qatar - Ditto, a dinar made up of 100 Dirhams and 50 is biggest coins (See my steel wheels topic, in which I bought a bunch of modern steel coins from these places)

East Carribean dollars and CFA francs only have country codes on Notes, Coins are generic for them all.

Hey amigo, good evening for you!

Well, thanks for your caring about filtering ^^

You are right under general context, but some corrections:

Honduras had a 1 Lempira coin from 1932 to 1937, I will hunt this one.

Marshall Islands has a Commemorative 1$ from a specific year, in silver.

Qatar launched a World Cup 1 Rial coin.

Oman also had a $1 Rial coin from specific years (silver)

Nauru has few $1 to collectors, that they sell.

Brunei had commemorative Dollar/Ringgit in the past.

Azerbaijan had 1 Manat coin for their Winter Games.

But yeah, I will try to hunt them, slowly, it will be a pain in the neck, but who knows?

Someday I will finish xd

Moneytane

lhlimaverde

January 2024 update:

​Azerbaijan 
Bahrain 
Brunei 
Grenada 
Honduras 
Kuwait 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Senegal 
Suriname 
Timor-Leste 

Bom dia Senhor!

Brunei issued this 1 cent coin: N#17848

It is an amazing coin.

Turi

https://www.instagram.com/my_world_coins_collection

Turi

Moneytane

lhlimaverde

January 2024 update:

​Azerbaijan 
Bahrain 
Brunei 
Grenada 
Honduras 
Kuwait 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Senegal 
Suriname 
Timor-Leste 

Bom dia Senhor!

Brunei issued this 1 cent coin: N#17848

It is an amazing coin.

Indeed, but in my case, the coin would be this one: N#32249

lhlimaverde

Moneytane

lhlimaverde

January 2024 update:

​Azerbaijan 
Bahrain 
Brunei 
Grenada 
Honduras 
Kuwait 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Senegal 
Suriname 
Timor-Leste 

Bom dia Senhor!

But yeah, I will try to hunt them, slowly, it will be a pain in the neck, but who knows?

Someday I will finish xd

Sorry I thought you were collecting just circulation coins, not NCLT.

I love coins

Moneytane

lhlimaverde

Moneytane

lhlimaverde

January 2024 update:

​Azerbaijan 
Bahrain 
Brunei 
Grenada 
Honduras 
Kuwait 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Senegal 
Suriname 
Timor-Leste 

Bom dia Senhor!

Someday I will finish xd

Sorry I thought you were collecting just circulation coins, not NCLT.

Hey amigo, good morning! No worries…

Tbh the collectible ones are an enlargement that I saw I would need to do, if I wanna cope with the pattern $1..

To me the fun is more about the $1 than to separate between NCLT or circulating =P

All I need is the 1.00 hahaha! But thanks anyway for caring and keeping following the adventure

Hey! 2nd (and last) update of January 2024:

I got the Suriname 1 Gulden!

This means that I am finally done with South America (as I was already done with European coins)!

From Americas part I just need now Honduras and few Caribbean Dollars (repeated coins)

​Azerbaijan 
Bahrain 
Brunei 
Grenada 
Honduras 
Kuwait 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Senegal 
Timor-Leste 

For Honduras, you have some options depending on if you count non-circulating coins: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/index.php?e=honduras&r=&ct=coin&im1=&im2=&tb=y&tc=y&tn=y&cat=y&ru=&ca=3&no=&v=1.00&i=&b=&ie=&u=&a=&dg=&m=&f=&t=&w=&mt=&g=&se=&d=&c=&wi=&sw=

Master Coin Referee

Hey, February update:

I got another humble Caribbean dollar, that I put into Grenada coin holder..

I am missing just another one of them, to complete Caribbean Dollars:

​Azerbaijan 
Bahrain 
Brunei 
Honduras 
Kuwait 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Senegal 
Timor-Leste 

lhlimaverde

Hey, February update:

I got another humble Caribbean dollar, that I put into Grenada coin holder..

I am missing just another one of them, to complete Caribbean Dollars:

​Azerbaijan 
Bahrain 
Brunei 
Honduras 
Kuwait 
Mali 
Marshall Islands 
Nauru 
Niger 
Oman 
Qatar 
Saint Kitts and Nevis 
Senegal 
Timor-Leste 

Would love to see updated pics of your collection 

Numista Referee for Coins of Kingdom of Bahrain, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Republic of Tunisia & Kingdom of Morocco
🇧🇭🇸🇦🇹🇳🇲🇦

Miss you Kimiji <3

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 03:40.