Free download: Flags of the World

22 posts • viewed 551 times

» Quick access to the last post

From time to time the question pops up where to find 2x2 cards with the country name on it.

I had made such a list years ago and have recently updated it. There were quite some countries that had changed their flag over the years :O
The original file is made in PowerPoint (.ppt) but I also have a copy as an opendocument file (.odp). See what works best for you!
I tried to only list current countries, but because I started collecting a long time ago you can occasionally find some no longer existing countries also.
Use it as you like, make changes, add flags or labels... You can do it all as I make the documents open for free use:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dZVTd1LbiqWeXi3KHc2IecgU49P981TU?usp=sharing

Hope you enjoy it...

Regards,
Tony.
Quote: "Newtony"​From time to time the question pops up where to find 2x2 cards with the country name on it.

​I had made such a list years ago and have recently updated it. There were quite some countries that had changed their flag over the years :O
​The original file is made in PowerPoint (.ppt) but I also have a copy as an opendocument file (.odp). See what works best for you!
​I tried to only list current countries, but because I started collecting a long time ago you can occasionally find some no longer existing countries also.
​Use it as you like, make changes, add flags or labels... You can do it all as I make the documents open for free use:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dZVTd1LbiqWeXi3KHc2IecgU49P981TU?usp=sharing

​Hope you enjoy it...

​Regards,
​Tony.
​Thanks, This would reduce the time When adding coins and notes to my collection the only thing is Macau is spelt wrong. But it doesn’t really matter I can just Tip-Ex it over and write it myself.
Hi to whoever is reading this. Did you know that TYPEWRITER (on a QWERTY keyboard) is the longest word you can type using only the letters on one row of the keyboard.
There can be more errors! Spell-checking isn't one of my strong points.
But that's the reason I made it available as .ppt or .odp... You can download it and make any changes you want before printing!

​​​​
Quote: "Newtony"​There can be more errors! Spell-checking isn't one of my strong points.
​But that's the reason I made it available as .ppt or .odp... You can download it and make any changes you want before printing!

​​​​​
​Ok.
Hi to whoever is reading this. Did you know that TYPEWRITER (on a QWERTY keyboard) is the longest word you can type using only the letters on one row of the keyboard.
Quote: "Newtony"​From time to time the question pops up where to find 2x2 cards with the country name on it.

​I had made such a list years ago and have recently updated it. There were quite some countries that had changed their flag over the years :O
​The original file is made in PowerPoint (.ppt) but I also have a copy as an opendocument file (.odp). See what works best for you!
​I tried to only list current countries, but because I started collecting a long time ago you can occasionally find some no longer existing countries also.
​Use it as you like, make changes, add flags or labels... You can do it all as I make the documents open for free use:

​Hope you enjoy it...

​Regards,
​Tony.
​Nice work.... Thanks
“Arise, awake, stop not until your goal is achieved.”
Excellent! Thank you.
Reviving the tread again but how do you create it so the box with the flag and name of the country would be the approximate size of the 2x2 pages (once printed) because I would like to create my own thus saving time.
Quote: "Worldwide collection"​Reviving the tread again but how do you create it so the box with the flag and name of the country would be the approximate size of the 2x2 pages (once printed) because I would like to create my own thus saving time.
​If it is time you want to save just use the one I already created!?!
If you are not happy with the way I made it you can still use my example as a template and insert your own text and flag.
If you still are not happy with the result you can still use my example and try to 'reverse engineer' it... I mean click everywhere you can, move objects, just try to work out how it's made and then try yourself.
If you are from the 'Generation Z' and basically never used a real computer, just forget it because you'll never learn (this last sentence it not meant to hurt anybody's feelings, it's just from general experience and there's always the chance some young kid surprises me 😁)
Quote: "Newtony"
Quote: "Worldwide collection"​Reviving the tread again but how do you create it so the box with the flag and name of the country would be the approximate size of the 2x2 pages (once printed) because I would like to create my own thus saving time.
​​If it is time you want to save just use the one I already created!?!
​If you are not happy with the way I made it you can still use my example as a template and insert your own text and flag.
​If you still are not happy with the result you can still use my example and try to 'reverse engineer' it... I mean click everywhere you can, move objects, just try to work out how it's made and then try yourself.
​If you are from the 'Generation Z' and basically never used a real computer, just forget it because you'll never learn (this last sentence it not meant to hurt anybody's feelings, it's just from general experience and there's always the chance some young kid surprises me 😁)
​I’m still getting used to my MacBook that I got just under a year ago and in combination I’ve only been
Using the Google version of Keynote and pages since late last year when I started college. Even though I was born in the Generation Z category I’m quite new to modern technology and I’ve never done this before.

Also that last sentence didn’t offend me because I’ve been called a lot worse than that.
A MacBook is a good start.
I'm from the IBM PC Compatible generation and as a result only have experience with PowerPoint (which was used for this file).
I've switched to OpenOffice but the way you use it is basically the same.

I started by designing 5cm x 5cm squares. To make them more visible I gave them a light blue background buy you could also draw lines instead.
Using copy-paste you can fill your page.
Normally you can define these squares by Size and position, allowing for spaces or, like I did, putting them next to each other so you only have to cut them once.

Hope this helps...
Quote: "Newtony"​A MacBook is a good start.
​I'm from the IBM PC Compatible generation and as a result only have experience with PowerPoint (which was used for this file).
​I've switched to OpenOffice but the way you use it is basically the same.

​I started by designing 5cm x 5cm squares. To make them more visible I gave them a light blue background buy you could also draw lines instead.
​Using copy-paste you can fill your page.
​Normally you can define these squares by Size and position, allowing for spaces or, like I did, putting them next to each other so you only have to cut them once.

​Hope this helps...
​Thanks for the advice.:D
Nearly finished my version of the 2x2 pages on R at the moment also I will post some photos of the slides I created and maybe them in the pages with coins.
Just under 6 months I've finally finished my version.

Post below.
What are you trying to upload? You can only post image files here. You'll have to post a link to a sharable cloud folder such as google drive (as Newtony did) or dropbox, icloud, onedrive, etc. if you want to share your file.
Here they are finally.:wiz:B)

Apart from the Samoa Western Samoa mistake this looks very good.

Please help by adding more information for me to add here: https://en.numista.com/forum/topic112436.html
why not buy world flag stickers?
Quote: "aephi"​why not buy world flag stickers?
​These will be going into 2x2 pages so unless the sticks were stuck to cardboard and place into the holder personally I rather have this and somehow laminate it so it protects the paper from creasing and tearing.
I personally use these:
Central African States:

Western African States:

Eastern Caribbean States:
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Quote: "ngdawa"​I personally use these:
Central African States:

Western African States:

Eastern Caribbean States:
​After a second thought I will add these to the pages.
Vexillology - from vexillum, name of the standard in Roman armies - is the study of flags
Flags of the World (FOTW) is the Internet’s largest site devoted to vexillology

You can use Word or LibreOffice / OpenOffice with the attached template to print on white adhesive A4 paper in matt, gloss or vinyl.Manual :

1- Enter the name of the country
... 1bis-- modify the font size if necessary
2- Copy and paste the image of the flag
3- Move the lower right corner to reduce the image in the box
BOINC
Nicely done 👍

FOTW is the site I use to find the correct flags! Great resource...
i'm considering customizing 4.8cm x 4.8 cm cards, 2 sides, coated with plastic, round corners.
the content is issuers of 20th and 21st century for numismatic usage.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 16:00.