2 Banknote PHILIPPINES with vintage stamp (5 Pesos 1943 and 100 Pesos 1944) JAPANESE GOVERNMENT

8 posts • viewed 86 times
Hello all

Can you help me to find a price for these banknote with vintage stamp?

5 pesos 1943

100 pesos 1944

Thanks very much
Sneev
Toutes mes monnaies ne sont pas forcément sur numista donc n'hésitez pas à me demander. Notamment des fautees . J'ai de superbes monnaies de divers pays a échanger contre francaise ou coloniales. Egalement beaucoup de billets et jai toutes les photos
I always wondered what is written on these ugly stamps mine are to faded.
In that condition not much a few bucks at most from someone who really wants them without other sources.
In my country these goes for around 0.9-1.2 € in that condition.
Coin referee for: ASM, AZE, FRO, GRL, HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, PCN, TCA, UZB, WSM, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, ECS, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MRT, MNG, PRK, WSM, ROK, SWE, TJK, PMR, TKM, UZB, ZWE
Hello all

With vintage stamp too?
Im not sur
Toutes mes monnaies ne sont pas forcément sur numista donc n'hésitez pas à me demander. Notamment des fautees . J'ai de superbes monnaies de divers pays a échanger contre francaise ou coloniales. Egalement beaucoup de billets et jai toutes les photos
Quote: "Sneev"​Hello all

​With vintage stamp too?
​Im not sur
​Yes. I could get the 5 peso note in that condition, with stamp, for around 1 euro.
Coin referee for: ASM, AZE, FRO, GRL, HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, PCN, TCA, UZB, WSM, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, ECS, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MRT, MNG, PRK, WSM, ROK, SWE, TJK, PMR, TKM, UZB, ZWE
Oh ok

Thanks
A friend found this for me (Yofi)

By the way, the stamp must have been affixed from 1953, when JAPWANCAP was created (The Association of Japanese War Note Claimants of the Philippines, Inc.) See this little link
https://www.sanumismatics.org.au/banknotes/philippine-japanese-invasion-notes-with-japwancap-stamp/

they are quite quite banknotes

Sneev
Really honestly I cannot say that your "vintage" stamp adds any value and quite honestly I would see the stamps as lowering the value as they are not something applied by the issuing mint. If you found a collector who specialized in the attempts of exchanging Japanese war money with the Philippine national currency they might find those notes of interest and pay more than the value of the note. The only thing that I see having any value on those notes are the fact that they actually have serial numbers. The vast majority of Japanese war money was printed with letters instead of numbers due to the extremely large amount of notes that the Japanese printed.

Personally I would not pay any amount of money to put those notes in my main collection. They do make an interesting side story to the end of the war but in reality they are nothing more than defaced notes.

Still with anything, "To each, his own."

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 04:58PM.