Banknote Sleeve supplies

7 posts • viewed 183 times
Hi All

I am looking to replace the previous banknote sleeves I was using for my banknotes that its out of production. I have tried several brands and I have not yet come to something close to the ones I used to buy.

This is the link to the model I think was the best in price and quality https://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/safe-brand-heavyweight-currency-sleeves-modern.html

I have tried the following brands, and not happy with them: Lighthouse, Supersafe, Dupont Melinex, this brands are either too thin, or the crease on the edges are too thick in the supersafe brand...

Hopefully someone has a good recommendation, of a strong but not bulky banknote sleeve....
JustforFun...
Hello JustforFun
I haven’t personally used any pages but from Very extensive research over 4 months (watching reviews, reading articles and reading forum posts from here and from other sites) I can say that I can recommend BCW pages. The 4 pocket ones for standard modern US currency and 3 pocket for larger bills and world banknotes or 2 for massive notes.

Btw I’m going to buy some for my collection.
Hi to whoever is reading this. Did you know that TYPEWRITER (on a QWERTY keyboard) is the longest word you can type using only the letters on one row of the keyboard.
I suggest you have a read through this thread, JustforFun:

https://en.numista.com/forum/topic100228.html

The consensus favours Mylar banknote sleeves. Easy enough for you to obtain living in the U.S.

I can't comment on Mylar. I use Lighthouse.
Still don't get the difference between Mylar and PP.

And where to buy them in Europe? Can't find any easily in Europe to be honest.
Mylar is a brand name from DuPont for a polyesther named BOPET or biaxially-oriented polyethylene terephthalate and PP is of course polypropylene. So you won't find them much outside import stores in Europe but to be honest I find mylar to be to stiff, it breakes quite easy.
vs.
Sure, the chemical full names behind it I understood, but the difference in effect on banknotes when you store them in sleeves made out of those materials, which is better? Is one even better than one another?

And where could one buy large quantities of good sleeves and possibly in different sizes in Europe, preferably even close to The Netherlands.
There are differences in their mechanical properties and one costs more than the other (I let you have a guess) but both are inert for most situations a collector might face.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 05:39.