Option to show/not show a collection

9 posts • viewed 181 times

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 1
Downvotes: 1
Hi,

I couldn't find this suggestions, but then again I can have overlooked it.

I like the site and wandering through my collection.

But I not really want all that watch over my shoulder to see the actual worth of all my coins.
So I was starting to add another account just for the few gold and silver coins I have. So when i look at my collection on my job I can be at total ease.

Now, I know I am slow, found out about collections. Basically what I want. Besides the fact all coins still pop up all the time.

The suggestion: Give me a tick box to show or not show coins per collection. So I can look at my normal coins and only care about the other collections if I really want to see them. So in settings and not a mere filter.
Or a tickbox to set in settings my default collection(s) I want to see, and give the opportunity in filters to add your others when needed.
So that when i log in fresh, I only see the basic I want.

For me this is the difference between donating or not. (For sure not a thread :) because you never will be able to implement this from the money of one donor  :p) But if I need to take several accounts to accomplish this I will not donate for perks on only one collection.
this feature already exists

Thank you on this idea...
https://addons.mozilla.org/sl/firefox/addon/dark-mode-webextension/
LP
Quote: "mikimaus"​Thank you on this idea...
https://addons.mozilla.org/sl/firefox/addon/dark-mode-webextension/
​LP
​i am not using a dark mode, extension...

i am using chrome experiments : asc colour inversion
Quote: "Akk"​this feature already exists

​I don't think the OP talking about blocking other Numista users or non-members seeing his coins when they look at his profile. He's already done this. I believe he's talking about people literally standing behind him looking over his shoulder at his computer screen from seeing certain coins he's added to his collection. He's asking for a way to turn certain collections "on/off" being displayed.
Hello,
A possible solution would be to have a button next to to the values on your collection dashboard to show/hide the values and precious metal weight. This parameter would be saved, so that you can confidently show your screen next time you log in to your account.
This is a bit different from hiding completely some of your coins. Would it still fit your need?

​This is not what i mean. If you state that teh collections option is for collections, you shoiuld be able to siwtch on and of colection yourself for your own viewing. Totals wil still show all collections together and noy per collection. I want to be able to select which collections i can see and which not. For instane to search for a coin in a certain of your collections
Quote: "Xavier"​Hello,
​A possible solution would be to have a button next to to the values on your collection dashboard to show/hide the values and precious metal weight. This parameter would be saved, so that you can confidently show your screen next time you log in to your account.
​This is a bit different from hiding completely some of your coins. Would it still fit your need?
​Yes, This would be nice indeed. And would for most solve my "problem"
Quote: "rsirian1"
​​
​​
​​I don't think the OP talking about blocking other Numista users or non-members seeing his coins when they look at his profile. He's already done this. I believe he's talking about people literally standing behind him looking over his shoulder at his computer screen from seeing certain coins he's added to his collection. He's asking for a way to turn certain collections "on/off" being displayed.
​Yes, this is what I mean!

Thanks!

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 10:26.