My referee position [solved]

42 posts • viewed 1455 times

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 3
Downvotes: 28

» Quick access to the last post

Hello.

Due to the fact that I disagree with some of the latest actions and decisions (public and non-public) of the Numista administration, I decided that I should not remain part of the team. I would not want to introduce any element of conflict into the work of the referee team and would not want to interfere with the development of Numista.
Therefore, I am asking to be relieved of my duties as a master referee. And also I ask to remove from me the duties of a referee for all other countries.

I would like to thank all the members, all the referees and the entire team for a wonderful experience, for your communication, your knowledge, your trust and your patience. It was a great honor for me to work with you!
I've learned a lot from all of you. And I also hope that at least partially I paid with my work to Numista for the knowledge I gained. Every day, weekends, holidays and vacations, I was on the site, participating in the endless process of improving the catalog. Well, I became the first member to create 10000 pages (without any scripts). I will leave this screen for my profile to show that I was once part of the team. Again, I am proud to have worked with all of you.

So, I wish good luck to the team, I am sure that the vacancies will be filled as soon as possible, I wish Numista success, but I want to stay with you only as a simple member. I love Numista so much! I hope you can keep order in some of these countries. Unfortunately, I did not manage to complete everything that I had planned. I never found enough time to organize the Rus principalities in the new multilevel system. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

From now on, I will no longer process change requests, accept new pages, or create pages myself. Beginning in May, please control the appearance of new coins in these modern countries yourself.

Thank you all!
Dear Cyrillius!

I would like to thank you for all the troubles you had with me when approving my requests, also for highly correct, knowledgeable and technical communication and even more to your truly unnatural quick responses as a referee, which made a deep and lasting impression to me personally and probably to each highly active Numista member.

My deepest thanks on your truly wonderful, prompt and great work on Numista!
Hello.
Respect,, Cyrillius ,, approved coins within 1 hour. What to add -you had patience and asked a question. ,,Absolute honesty,,

(I'm not adding coins anymore, now I've been waiting 2 months so I've canceled , I can, I don't have to and I don't want to stress.)

Thanks for your good work.
Ivan
Hi Cyrillius,
The numbers speak for themselves. Definitely a proud moment looking at the numbers.
11414 pages added, 14078 years added, 160396 pages edited & 37235 years edited.
Astounding.

Your prompt responses as a referee were remarkable.
Enjoy the stress free browsing here.
regards
Je suis vraiment désolé de ce départ. J’ai été ravi de cette collaboration où je suis trouvé plus qu’une âme de collectionneur. J’ai beaucoup appris dans tout ces mails que nous avons échangés (229) et je t’en remercie très vivement pour ta patience, ton grand savoir et sur ta disponibilité infaillible. Je te souhaite une bonne recherche pour ta collection et surtout prend bien soin de toi. Très sincères amitiés, Patrick.

MERCI POUR TOUT
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING
BOINC
Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear this:( Thank you and wish you all the best!
You are a hero on Numista and deserve a statue here!

Best wishes
strato
I am very sorry to see you retire Cyrillius, you are the BEST Referee on Numista. You will leave a massive hole which will be difficult to fill. However sometimes we have to do what is best for us personally and life is short, with so many things in it to have to manage and take care of. Enjoy your break, take care of yourself, improve and enjoy your own collection and maybe one day you might get the urge to return? Thankyou for your help to myself and others over the years.

Best Wishes from the land Downunder - Mike
Referee for Australia & New Zealand Coins & Exonumia, Papua New Guinea & Cocos & Keeling Islands Coins & Australian Banknotes. I Collect > Australia, UK & Dependancies, NZ Sets, USA & Euros plus Misc Exonumia.
I've just downvoted this suggestion because I don't want it to be implemented on Numista.... but as it is your decision, I want just to thank you for your work on this position and quick and easy approval of the coins added to the catalog. All the best, hope you will return sometimes:)
Medieval sets for swap:https://en.numista.com/forum/topic140941.html

My personal list of scammers from Numista: erniemix, yvain, CassTaylor
I'm at a loss for words, sorry it ended like this; you will be missed...
-Dan
Hello Cyrillius

I'm so sorry you're leaving.You are a true professional.Always fast,competent,fair and responsible.
But one must also take time for one's personal life.
I wish you all the best and to spend more time on your personal collection,which is not small.

Best Regards
The one that approved new pages the fastest I feel quite saddened that you are leaving your position as a referee.We all hope that you would be active as a standard member of this website.

Press F to pay Respects

Hi to whoever is reading this. Did you know that TYPEWRITER (on a QWERTY keyboard) is the longest word you can type using only the letters on one row of the keyboard.
Thank you for everything! I wish you good luck and all the best.
ROMAE AETERNAE
I guess there's no words that can make you to change your mind, not even enough to make you re-think your decision. I believe everything that can be said has been said. Your work here on Numista goes beyond any limits and we can all be in awe of your tireless work.
Enjoy your retirement, but please stay on the saite and share your knowledge in the forum. You are a treasure we cannot be without.
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Although we have never met and are thousands of miles apart, your impression of me is FAST, ACCURATE, and EFFICIENT! No more than one day from request to approval when creating a new catalog and edit.

Thank you for your help over the past years and wish you have a happy collecting.
This is definitely sad to hear, but I respect your decison.

It was nice working with you. You were one of the best.
Bonjour Cyrillius,

Merci à toi pour tout le travail accompli. Je suis vraiment triste de voir que tu quittes tes fonctions. Tu as fait un travail énorme et ta disponibilité était exemplaire. Numista n'aurait sans doute pas été ce qu'il est aujourd'hui sans ta grande participation. Bravo à toi et j'espère que nous aurons l'occasion de nous reparler.

Amitiés de France

Raoul
Very sad to hear the news!

As for your post, this is a top position issue, so there is nothing weh may and should discuss.

Seeing the redaction given, I feel things can't be fixed, but nothing is so bad to lose you as member of the site, and maybe in future, things go calm and you start again giving us your knowledge and backup.

Well done so far! and things will improve in future!

Regards,
Daniel,
Uruguay.
Just 10 options: you understand binary, or you don't.
Catalog Referee Coins, Banknotes & Exonumia: Uruguay, Cuba, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Paraguay, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Panama, Ecuador, Zamunda, Parva Domus and more.
Thank you, Cyril, for the help you have given me over the last few months. I will miss your excellent work and approachable disposition. Numista will be poorer for losing you as a catalogue referee.
bit of boring, now...
but GREAT THANKS!

You have been a lot of help in validating coins and in other issues.
We will miss you.
I just saw this Message now. Definitely a legend of Numista. We cannot thank you highly enough for the amazing and very hard work you have made here.
For me especially the incredibly well done work for the Tokens and Exonumia section.
without you as of today I do not think such pieces would still have been in our catalogue.
The 10.000 added coins I have not yet reached and it seems I am recently putting my two young kids and my wife as higher priority.
I hope this immense load on your shoulders will be relieved and that you can find a new joy in numismatics.
who knows maybe with putting new found energy in coins from Rus principalities.

whatever life brings, we are happy that you want to stay here on Numista and wish you all the best

Thank you
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
I also thank you for a great co-op we had and for everything else. All the best !
Former numista referee for Poland and half of african countries.
I invite you to my FB group about commemorative coins : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1635288620035921
Hi Cyril,

your departure is surprising, but you did a bl...y good work for this site.

I've just read through our 42 communications and they show your high professionalism. I hope communications can still go on?

All the best and take care

Ole
Globetrotter
Coin varieties in French:
https://monnaiesetvarietes.numista.com
Hi Cyrillius,
I deeply regret your departure as a referee.
Thank you for your patience, kindness and seriousness.
For me you have been a great help and support since as you know my collection is based on exonumia and micronations, coins that are mistreated and misunderstood, you have always given it a space and deserved respect.
From now on a void is generated that I hope will be adequately filled because otherwise many collectors of this class of coins enter a void and demotivated situation.
Good luck to you and a million thanks for your kindness
Goodbye friend
Quote: "Cyrillius"​I will leave this screen for my profile to show that I was once part of the team. Again, I am proud to have worked with all of you.

​What was your first and last request?
Hi to whoever is reading this. Did you know that TYPEWRITER (on a QWERTY keyboard) is the longest word you can type using only the letters on one row of the keyboard.
Quote: "Worldwide collection"​​What was your first and last request?

​I would say, that's none of your business.
Globetrotter
Quote: "Sjoelund"

​​I would say, that's none of your business.
​Hmmm ok just curious I thought like for example First and last leader of a country or the first and last car made by a bankrupt manufacturer.
Quote: "Worldwide collection"

​​
​​
​​​I would say, that's none of your business.
​​Hmmm ok just curious I thought like for example First and last leader of a country or the first and last car made by a bankrupt manufacturer.
When did you stop using d.....s, questions you do ask8.
Globetrotter
​When did you stop using d.....s, questions you do ask8.
​What do you mean???
Just stop asking questions only interesting yourself. Diapers is the solution.
Globetrotter
I am very sorry to hear that you left the team. As you help me lot and make catalog improvement for Japan and Thailand went very smoothly.

I just found that you had left before I needed someone to move people's collection for a coin, it's about 5 days now and it's hasn't be done.. How great the loss for the team. If you were there it could have done within half an hour. :(

It was great experience working with you. Enjoy your life. Hope someday we can meet and I can thank you in person.

Best regards,
Sak
Catalog editor for Thailand and Japan.
Contact me via facebook if you want to swap/buy. See my profile.
Greetings,

I don't usually say much. I just try to do my best and get on, but, man...

Thank you, Sir, for your patience, help, and dedication. You are a wealth of knowledge and I wish I had the privilege of meeting you in person.

You are a legend. Thank you.

John
Hi Cyrill,
The only thing I can say is a BIG THANKS for your help, guidance, and assistance creating some of the pages when I was just starting here. It is very much appreciated and shows the level of commitment and dedication to the community.
Thanks, thanks, thanks.
Alex (Canada).
Coin enthusiast, always learning
Thank you for your many approvals and suggestions. I don't like back end politics of many things, but good to see you are still supporting the group, even as a humble member. Happy collecting, and thank you for your contributions to this wonderful site.
Thank you for all you have given to the Numista site. Your work with the Tokens and Exonumia is nothing short of amazing. I hope you will continue to contribute and enjoy the site as a member. Simply, Thank you!
This is sad to see..

Thank you so much for all your efforts and help throughout the years.

Hope you stay an active member here.

Best of luck with everything

Amer
Catalog Master Referee & Referee for UAE
https://www.instagram.com/amer.coins
Amer Salmeh
Thanks for everything Cyrillius,

you were, I would say one of my mentors, when I became a referee.

I worried not to see you approving my exonumia requests, thought something has gone wrong.

Всех благ и удачи всегда и во всем!

Ali
ad Patrem
Bonjour Cyrillius,
Je viens d'apprendre ton départ en tant que référent et j'en suis bien désolé... 😟
Sans connaître les dessous de l'histoire, je ne peux que souligner ta disponibilité, ta gentillesse et ton efficacité dans tes missions et dans les échanges que nous avions eus. Tu mérites tous nos remerciements dans le travail accompli.
Bien à toi.
Jacques de l'ile de la Réunion.
Thank you Cyrill for all your work. Everytime fast and professional.
I am realy sorry that you stop your work on Numista.

Markus
Hello Cyrillius,
Wish to thank you for your wonderful work. Thank you also for your patience and help. Without you I would not have dared to contribute to Numista. You were very fast in approving coins and that made it an additional pleasure to be on Numista. Again many thanks.
I will miss you Cyrillius.
I appreciate your corrections and guidelines.I hope you can return and come back again some day as Referee Master.
Best regards.
Si te gusta...lo haces.
Thank you for your contributions! :)
https://mnesiccoins.gitlab.io/    https://www.instagram.com/mnesiccoins/
Status changed to Implemented (Xavier, 4-May-2022, 14:25)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 08:00.