Enhancements to swap list readability [solved]

6 posts • viewed 118 times

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 6
Downvotes: 1
Hello,
I would like to propose a couple enhancements to the swap lists (when selecting items for a swap from someone's swap list).

1- In the past the "Collectible type" filter had "All", "Banknotes", "Coins" with coins including Exonumia at the bottom. With the new list you can pick each one of Coins, Banknotes, or Exonumia individually but it would be nice to be able to look at more than one category at once. So my proposal is to add 3 new lines to the dropdown:
- No Exonumia -> Showing only Coins and Banknotes (for the ones who don't care about non-government issued items)
- No Banknotes -> Showing only Coins and Exonumia (which kind of was the original outcome of "coins")
- No Coins -> Showing only Banknotes and Exonumia (I doubt many people will select this one but you never know)

2- Now that all items in the swap list are listed under the country but mixed up by type (so you may find Coins, Tokens, and Banknotes bunched together under each country), it would be nice to have a way to clearly identify each type in the list.
My proposal is to use a different color for each type, for instance keep the blue lettering for coins as now, use maybe a maroon for banknotes and dark green for exonumia entries. That way even when looking at more than one type, one can quickly identify items by type, even in "compact mode" (w/o photos). This may be particularly useful when looking at some exonumia items that are similar to actual coins. If colors are not an option, maybe use a different checkbox shape or add a tag "CO", "EX", "BN" to each line.
NOTE: I am aware that the blue color is due to the "link" to the item's page, but these behavior of these colors can be changed.

What do you think?
Stay safe,
Alex.
Coin enthusiast, always learning
To 2nd point. I liked it better before, when on swap page, coins were listed first, notes 2nd and Exonumia third. If there would be a way to select personal display mode, this would be my pick.
LP
Sure! That would also work.
Hello,
I just implemented the following changes:
1. You can now select multiple values among Coins, Banknotes and Exonumia.
2. Within each issuer, coins are listed first, then banknotes and finally exonumia.
Status changed to Implemented (Xavier, 3-May-2021, 22:57)
Thanks!
That's fantastic Xavier. As always... Thanks a lot!

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 12:13.