size statistic

15 posts • viewed 159 times

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 2
Downvotes: 1

» Quick access to the last post

hello

can there be a option to see the no of coins with a particular diameter?

For example:
lets say I want to store a lose collection in 2x2
I know that the coin are all different diameters and require different diameters of 2x2 to store them

To decide how many 21mm 2x2 I require I can go to my collection and see how many coin have a diameter of between 19mm-21mm and thus buy the right amount of 21mm 2x2
The same process can then be used to find how many 2x2 I require for other sizes.

(p.s. if such an option exists, please do inform me about it)
Yes - in the search page click on 'Edit filters' then on the left
column the sixth choice down is 'Diameter' which here is put 17 as an example.
Then click on 'Search' ...
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/index.php?r=&ct=coin&tb=y&tc=y&tn=y&tp=y&tt=y&cat=y&ru=&ca=3&no=&v=8&d=&i=&a=1500-1800&dg=&m=np&f=&t=&w=&u=&g=&se=&c=&wi=&sw=&p=2
with '3722 results found'.
:)
Or using your 19-21mm example ...

there are '14692 results found'.
Lastly, that is for the whole site - for just your coins go to
lower right and click on 'My collection: in' to filter the results ...

which I have '276 results found'.
I did that and wrote how many in that diameter in my collection in paper that took around 2-3 hours.
Hi to whoever is reading this. Did you know that TYPEWRITER (on a QWERTY keyboard) is the longest word you can type using only the letters on one row of the keyboard.
Thank you very much for this information,i was unaware of it
I had 609 coins with diameter if 19-21 mm. B. Guess I won't put them all in 2×2's. :O
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Quote: "ZacUK"​ Lastly, that is for the whole site - for just your coins go to
​lower right and click on 'My collection: in' to filter the results ...

​which I have '276 results found'.
​But doesn't this method give just the number of types in my collection not the total number of coins (i.e. doesn't count the number of coins of the same type).
Same it should count the amount of coins of each type of the diameter because that’s why it took 2-3 hours to do it because I had to click each coin to see how many I’ve got.
Hi to whoever is reading this. Did you know that TYPEWRITER (on a QWERTY keyboard) is the longest word you can type using only the letters on one row of the keyboard.
Quote: "ngdawa"​I had 609 coins with diameter if 19-21 mm. B. Guess I won't put them all in 2×2's. :O
​So, after reading the above posts, it seems like I then have 609 types. Wow. To get 2×2's for all these coins will probably cost more than what the coins are worth. :wiz:
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Quote: "ngdawa"
Quote: "ngdawa"​I had 609 coins with diameter if 19-21 mm. B. Guess I won't put them all in 2×2's. :O
​​So, after reading the above posts, it seems like I then have 609 types. Wow. To get 2×2's for all these coins will probably cost more than what the coins are worth. :wiz:
​not nessecerally
one branded 2x2 costs Rs20 each ($0.27)
that would be less than most of my coins which are worth way - way more that that

plus, I can buy a roll of acid free stamp paper (rs 20), a roll of polystyrene(rs 50)
and make 300 2x2 for rs70 ($0.37)
thus ,a homemade 2x2 would be around rs 5 ($0.07)
(p.s this 2x2 is safe)
After 2-3 hours of spending time on this , I would like to reframe my question
there is a graph for the dates of coin in your collection page , can a similar graph be made for diameter of coins?
Why don't you export your collection?
with the formula =SOUSTOTAL (103,colX2: colX10000) at the header of a constant X column you will instantly have your number of coins of the diameter chosen for a given country, of such quality, of such thickness, for such price range, etc. etc. according to your filters on each affected column.
SOUSTOTAL(103..... for Excel or LibreOffice
SOUSTOTAL(3... for OpenOffice
if you have more than 10000 coins export in CSV and replace 10000 by your number
BOINC
Quote: "CREPOSUC"
​Why don't you export your collection?
​with the formula = NBVAL (colX2: colX10000) at the header of a constant X column you will instantly have your number of coins of the diameter chosen for a given country, of such quality, of such thickness, for such price range, etc. etc. according to your filters on each affected column.
That is one option but it is not very convient.
I ment that there should be a visual graph for diameters like the one for dates

I've asked something similar here. I like the idea, Akk.
Especialy for the way I sort my coins, since I can't get all in my binders at once, so I've this collection for those not yet in binder. So that with searching "in collection" and size eg "17,5-19,5" wouldn't work for me.

https://en.numista.com/forum/topic107999.html
I have a soft spot for origami paper cranes.
Read or watch about "Sadako Sasaki and the Thousand Paper Cranes".
Spread a little peace and happiness wherever you go :)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 07:25.